PDA

View Full Version : they gave me the wrong game!

IronOcean
03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
So i bought RE5 today and when i got home it had Street fighter 4 in it instead, it was a display case not sealed and he put the wrong disc in i called them and told them i didnt have RE5 in there and he said he would give me the copy, but didnt ask about street fighter.....hmmm should i give it back or keep it? right thing to do is take it back, but im not right just not but i feel dirty keeping.

has this type of thing ever happened to you? and what did you do?

Momiji
03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
So i bought RE5 today and when i got home it had Street fighter 4 in it instead, it was a display case not sealed and he put the wrong disc in i called them and told them i didnt have RE5 in there and he said he would give me the copy, but didnt ask about street fighter.....hmmm should i give it back or keep it? right thing to do is take it back, but im not right just not but i feel dirty keeping.

has this type of thing ever happened to you? and what did you do?

Enjoy it, I guess. Just think of whichever game you want more. They're both new, so....

I just wouldn't keep both. That's not fair.

Zeldy
03-17-2009, 06:37 PM
I bought a Dresden Dolls CD and it came with a different CD inside, it was still Dresden Dolls but not the album I wanted really, it was Girl Anachronism and not Yes Virginia. I just kept it.

IronOcean
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
i love the dresden dolls i must listen to now

Yar
03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Don't get angry if they won't give you RE5 without first returning SF4. :p

IronOcean
03-17-2009, 06:57 PM
they dont even know i have stf4 i didnt mention that part yet or not at all i cant decide :confused:

Flying Mullet
03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
I'd take SF4 back, but then again I'm a big believer in karma.

Markus. D
03-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Take SFIV back and switch, it's the right thing to do.

Aerith's Knight
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Break the SF4!

It won't help... but it will amuse me. :plotting:

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2009, 07:47 PM
You people care far too much about random faceless corporations.

I would keep it and still go for RE5.

Goldenboko
03-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Keep it. With the amount of money gamestop/ebgames/whatever has, they can lose out 50 bucks.

Lawr
03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Do the right thing.

Rantz
03-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Do the right thing.

Follow your heart.

Flying Mullet
03-17-2009, 08:01 PM
http://www.dotherightthing.com/image/0/332/full.jpg

http://www.seashell.com.au/images/books/FollowYourHeart02.gif

Lawr
03-17-2009, 08:02 PM
:D

Akaria
03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Keep it. With the amount of money gamestop/ebgames/whatever has, they can lose out 50 bucks.
I work at GameStop and was originally gonna push towards "give it back", but I see massive amounts of truth to this. So it's really up to your conscience. Personally, after a couple hours or so of having the game in my hands, my own conscience would harden and I'd probably just keep it and go grab RE5 as well.

Rebellious Eagle
03-17-2009, 08:43 PM
That happened to me once, and I returned it, and so should you. Honesty is win. Oh, wait, that sounded stupid. Well, whatever, you get the point.

Vermachtnis
03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Give it to me! I wanna play it and none of my friends who own 360's are into fighting games all that much.

Tavrobel
03-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Not quite a wrong game, but I have had a girl give me a fake phone number.

Blue Harvest
03-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Give it back. It's the right thing to do and you know it.

Jiro
03-18-2009, 02:09 AM
I'd say give it back. I once was given the wrong game but it was worth more and I wanted it too so I just kept it (I didn't go back for the original).

Depression Moon
03-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Give it to me! I wanna play it and none of my friends who own 360's are into fighting games all that much.
F that PM me and send it to me if you don't want it. If they don't ask for SFIV then keep it, their own stupidity is at fault. You lucky son of a gun.

Parker
03-18-2009, 03:04 AM
I remember when Metal Gear Solid for the PS came out and it had a Silent Hill demo disc with it. My mom told the guy to throw away the SH demo because it was too scary for me so the guy put in some other demo inside instead and he smiled at me.

When I got home I found out he had given me the Silent Hill demo anyway :cool:

Psychotic
03-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Give SFIV back, but fart on the disc first. If cartoons have taught me anything, it's that any problem or dilemma can be solved by flatulence.

Fonzie
03-18-2009, 03:15 AM
I remember when Metal Gear Solid for the PS came out and it had a Silent Hill demo disc with it. My mom told the guy to throw away the SH demo because it was too scary for me so the guy put in some other demo inside instead and he smiled at me.

Edit: I'm an idiot. :lol:

5 internets to you.

black orb
03-18-2009, 03:20 AM
i called them and told them i didnt have RE5 in there and he said he would give me the copy, but didnt ask about street fighter.....hmmm should i give it back or keep it?
>>> So they just said, yeah sure we will give you a new copy. And they didnt ask about the wrong game either.
Man, i want to buy my games there too..

Tama2
03-18-2009, 03:20 AM
Well judging from how long ago MGS was released I'd say he was around 10.
I'd be pretty happy too if someone did that for me.

Anyway. Give it back. It's not yours and you know it. :p

IronOcean
03-18-2009, 05:07 AM
they didnt ask about any game they thought they didnt put anything in there

Yar
03-18-2009, 05:09 AM
they didnt ask about any game they thought they didnt put anything in there:monster: Lucky you! :p

Now take the Street Fighter back and sell it to them.

Jiro
03-18-2009, 06:33 AM
they didnt ask about any game they thought they didnt put anything in there:monster: Lucky you! :p

Now take the Street Fighter back and sell it to them.

Is selling it back to them worse than just keeping it? :p

Levian
03-18-2009, 08:26 AM

Haha, that's awesome. :D

I think you should keep SF until they ask for it back. :) last fall I got Lego Batman for DS instead of Wii so I asked for a new one, but they told me to send the other one back. :(

blackmage_nuke
03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Burn a copy then give it back.

Iceglow
03-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I work for a major record store. The amount of times people will come in with either a game or cd and say the disc wasn't in there and theres no game in the box is pretty surreal we're not idiots and we know it. At the same point you cannot accuse the customer of lying unless you directly served them in the first place and can proove you put the disc in the box. Hence why I will always open the disc baggie and place the game in the case properly with the book therefore I will have been seen on atleast 4 cameras doing so. Without that you have to honour your returns policy and give them a copy of the game or cd. With CDs I can believe it but Games is harder to say "hey guess what we screwed up again"

As for taking SF4 back well. If you wanted to be nice to the guys who sold you it by accident then well you will and you'll just say it was obviously an accident (though why Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV would be next to each other in an alphabetical storage I don't know) Or you could simply not mention they placed a game inside at all and get a copy of Street Fighter IV for free. I would probably keep the disc unless the guy said "hey man I remember you, damn I didn't give you the game? But I know I gave you A game so what game was it man?" but then I have no conscience or soul.

Caraliz
03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh my god just keep it!

Lawr
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
(though why Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV would be next to each other in an alphabetical storage I don't know)

R and S are right next to each other in the alphabet :confused:

Darkswordofchaos
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I once bought armored Cores: Silent line like that and they put in silent hill 2