PDA

View Full Version : The Most Unwanted Song Evar

Fonzie
03-17-2009, 09:58 PM
‘The Most Unwanted Song’ Scientifically Composed (http://beatcrave.com/2009-02-09/the-most-unwanted-song-scientifically-composed/)

Post other songs that you think are just straight up terrible.

Rebellious Eagle
03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves...

scrumpleberry
03-17-2009, 11:03 PM
SHE HAD DEM APPLE BOTTOM JEEEEEANS, BOOTS WITH DA FURRRR~

or yahre beautifull back when it was playing freaking everywhere. I thought he was a lady the first time I heard it :|

I Don't Need A Name
03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
scrumple has won

and bloody soulja girl (yes, im hardcore)

NeoTifa
03-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Anything by Nickelback.

I've grown accustomed to Applebottom Jeans because of Zumba.

Momiji
03-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Pretty much anything mainstream.

Værn
03-18-2009, 01:20 AM
They're missing the entire point. *Intentionally* making bad music completely defeats the purpose. Honestly, I expected something more along the lines of a cat walking across a piano...
Anyways, as for music that's straight-up terrible... rap. It's missing one letter. C.

Wolf Kanno
03-18-2009, 04:09 AM
I find it difficult to beat this lovely gem.
YouTube - Lamb chops play-Along (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTxr2NJHa0)

Course there's always...
YouTube - If I Had $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies [BEST ONE] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHacDYj8KZM&feature=related)

or...
YouTube - Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EebObs-vC0)

If that isn't obnoxious enough, how about The Chipmunks version
YouTube - The Chipmunks sing with Billy Ray - Achy Breaky Heart (1992) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smUQ27jDIuw)

Shoeberto
03-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Anyways, as for music that's straight-up terrible... rap. It's missing one letter. C.
Rapc?

I cringe and get a little offended whenever I hear Nickelback or Kid Rock on the radio, because their music is so terrible yet there are people who support them enough to allow them to keep making new recordings.

Levian
03-18-2009, 09:18 AM
DJ alligator project - the whistle song. :mad2:

At graduation we have a two week long party where everybody gets a whistle, and guess what the only thing they ever whistle is? Gawd.

Madame Adequate
03-18-2009, 04:35 PM
I consider this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylSeoUUR3Es) to be a literal crime against Humanity.

Boney King
03-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey I think OP's song is pretty bumpin' actually.

Anyways most unwanted song for me is probably anything by those vapid whores claiming to be singers, i.e. Britney Spears, Lady Gaga.

Rocket Edge
03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
DJ alligator project - the whistle song. :mad2:

At graduation we have a two week long party where everybody gets a whistle, and guess what the only thing they ever whistle is? Gawd.
haha yeah that song is shambolic.

Anything from 50 Cent.

Caraliz
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
ugh lil wayne

escobert
03-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Fiddy and lil wayne are horrible.

Caraliz
03-19-2009, 12:54 AM
I remember why I love you now!

PuPu
03-19-2009, 04:52 AM
Anything by Rammstein

Make up any two second guitar riff, repeat it about 100 times, add some monotone singing/growling, and you've got Rammstein. Probably the only metal band I've ever heard that puts me to sleep rather than getting pumped up. They would be NOTHING if they didn't make up for their lack of musical talent by using sound effects to make their guitars sound loud and heavy.

At least the FFX song that they play is better than 99% of their other stuff. Oh wait, technically you can't even give Rammstein any credit, since it was Nobuo Uematsu who composed it, Rammstein just played it.

NeoTifa
03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Gucci Bandana

escobert
03-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I remember why I love you now!

<3

The Unknown Guru
03-22-2009, 09:40 AM
I can't take mainstream rap, metal, or rap-metal. Or mainstream country. I don't even know the names of the songs, they all sound the same.

KentaRawr!
03-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I bet that song was just made to advertise walmart. :p

captkrill
03-26-2009, 05:59 PM
anything country, matchbox 20, boy bands, spice girls, teenage chick singers (IE Little Cyrus), Elton John, Barbara Streisand, and Paris Hilton.

But i think the topper is Soulja Boy Crank That

Bunny
03-26-2009, 06:14 PM
YouTube - Chicken Noodle Soup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMIlGYUZ3g)

Montoya
03-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I win.
You've been warned. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9wsbq71oo)

BG-57
03-28-2009, 01:50 PM
‘The Most Unwanted Song’ Scientifically Composed (http://beatcrave.com/2009-02-09/the-most-unwanted-song-scientifically-composed/)

Post other songs that you think are just straight up terrible.

Yeah, I heard it on This American Life on NPR. Funny thing, I like it more than the song that they composed that most people would like, which sounded like an average love pop ballad. For all it's annoying qualities, the worst one is quirky and unique.

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4woNRD7NQ)was featured, appropriately enough, on the Annoying Music Show. The singer is in a muscial witness protection program.

Iceglow
03-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I find it really funny how so many people complain about "commercial" music but yet the reason commerical music is commercial music is because tons of people go out and buy the cd's or online and buy the mp3. Artists like Nickelback, Kid Rock, Linkin Park, (because most people love a good complaint about them) Papa Roach, dare I even go here; Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, MGMT, Kings of Leon ect ect ect the list goes on forever (I could sit here listing artists all day, after all working in a record store does this to you) sell millions of records and yet if they weren't as popular as they are most people would say the sound is awesome and that they rock.

Personally my music taste is very broad I can enjoy most music but by choice most of the stuff I listen to is commercial music mostly because it's the best produced stuff the sound is crisper and clearer than some underground artists. Not that I won't listen to underground stuff if it's good quality but the truth is most artists who are good make it in this world and those who don't aren't simply good enough or producing music that will sell well. I'll fully admit to owning every Linkin Park album apart from Collision Course, most Nickelback albums, Hell I'll even admit that recently I went and brought the Taylor Swift Fearless album for my girlfriend and like a good few tracks on there myself. Everyone sees liking commercial music as a bad thing, that supporting artists who produce music that sells thousands of copies around the world and provides not only themselves and the music industry with jobs and money but also provides people like me who work in a record store jobs too. Also you gotta admit theres something there when 100 million copies of albums are sold within a month or two of global release. Catchy melodies and memorable lyrics aren't a bad thing, annoying perhaps at times if they're stuck in your head but no bad thing. One of the supervisors at my work, Mike likes to put random crap on similar to the stuff his own band plays and to be honest, I'd really rather listen to commercial music than someone strangling their guitar strings and making crunching screeching sound effects and mashing them together with little or no vocals (the little vocals make no sense btw) and calling it music, I'd call that noise not music. Music should consist of a melody thats actually pleasing to hear not something that you think "wtf" about.

Big D
03-28-2009, 11:55 PM
At least the FFX song that they play is better than 99% of their other stuff. Oh wait, technically you can't even give Rammstein any credit, since it was Nobuo Uematsu who composed it, Rammstein just played it.Rammstein didn't play Otherworld, it's a generic studio band including Mr Uematsu himself.

As for the worst songs I can think of... two spring to mind. First, a truly god-awful thing by a tart band called Millionaires. The song's called Alcohol, or something like that, and it's basically about how awesome these tarts think they are, for binge drinking and whoring around.
Sample lyrics: "Girls talk :bou::bou::bou::bou:, we don't care, we'll pull down our underwear!"

The second song is an ulcerating boil on the face of R&B, called Smell Yo Dick. About a devoted, loving wife who wants to test her husband's fidelity by inhaling his phallus. It's a genuinely repugnant song, and sounds more like a parody than a serious work.
Sample lyrics: "Why you coming home, four in the morn'. Somethin' goin' on, can I smell yo dick?"

scrumpleberry
03-29-2009, 01:07 AM
HAHAHAHA I LOVE SMELL YO' DICK it might just be the single funniest song ever written.

Jowy
03-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Every time the Dave Matthews Band comes on the radio at work, I shut it off until the song is over. My boss thinks my hatred of Dave Matthews is the most hilarious thing in the universe.

Bunny
03-29-2009, 04:45 AM
Every time the Dave Matthews Band comes on the radio at work, I shut it off until the song is over. My boss thinks my hatred of Dave Matthews is the most hilarious thing in the universe.

Is it because every one of their songs sounds the exact same and the singer cannot sing to save his life?

Cause that's how I feel about Dave Matthews Band.

Momiji
03-29-2009, 04:54 AM
The second song is an ulcerating boil on the face of R&B, called Smell Yo Dick. About a devoted, loving wife who wants to test her husband's fidelity by inhaling his phallus. It's a genuinely repugnant song, and sounds more like a parody than a serious work.
Sample lyrics: "Why you coming home, four in the morn'. Somethin' goin' on, can I smell yo dick?"

I managed to listen for 25 seconds.

Jowy
03-29-2009, 05:17 AM

Is it because every one of their songs sounds the exact same and the singer cannot sing to save his life?

Cause that's how I feel about Dave Matthews Band.

They could take one album, arrange the tracks on it in a completely different order, and just MS Paint mirror the cover art and it would make millions of dollars. He doesn't even sing, he just spouts gibberish into the microphone!

Anniexo
04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
One word

Umbrella.

Big D
04-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Another word

Milkshake.

Anniexo
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Another word

Milkshake.

I've heard a rock remix of that song, and it sounds better

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-04-2009, 01:12 AM
My friend sent me a link to a video by Avril Lavigne called Hot. The thing it is the "Japanese version", the only thing Japanese about it is the chorus. It rapes my brain, just atrocious sounding Japanese. I mean it is an alright song, as in I am indifferent to it, except for the use of Japanese which sorta just makes you go WTF? WTF?

Anniexo
04-04-2009, 01:23 AM
My friend sent me a link to a video by Avril Lavigne called Hot. The thing it is the "Japanese version", the only thing Japanese about it is the chorus. It rapes my brain, just atrocious sounding Japanese. I mean it is an alright song, as in I am indifferent to it, except for the use of Japanese which sorta just makes you go WTF? WTF?

They did the same with Girlfriend.

Wolf Kanno
04-04-2009, 04:56 AM
I only hate Linkin Park cause they are an emo band that makes good music, and me liking their music must mean I'm emo too... TEH INTERNEZ SAYS SO ;)

I mostly hate Miley Cyrus and "Avi" cause I have to listen to them everyday at work. Not just one song either, more like their "greatest hits" type stuff. Its grating after awhile, especially when Miley and the Jonas Bros. are doing terrible covers of good Disney songs or 80's music.

Boney King
04-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Linkin Park... are an emo band...
I don't know if you're joking here, but this is the most rage-worthy thing I have read all day.

Jiro
04-04-2009, 09:37 AM
The OP wasn't as bad as I expected, but I still disliked it. At least it was weird though.

Caraliz
04-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Oh god. DMB needs to die a slow painful death by someone pulling off his tiny penis with tweezers

Tigmafuzz
04-08-2009, 03:27 AM
­

Shiny
04-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Naked City - Bonehead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHGxmOx3ReM)