PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix to start its own rewards program.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-18-2009, 05:15 AM
Square Enix launches member rewards program (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/17/square-enix-launches-member-rewards-program/)

Club Nintendo, move on over. The house of Final Fantasy has launched its own tiered rewards program in the US. Square Enix Members can now create custom avatars, network with other fans, and collect points that can be redeemed for "swanky presents." How does one earn points? Simple -- buy Square Enix games.

The more you buy, the higher your level will be. It's meant to be "a neat way to show off how big of a Square Enix fan you are." The program seems modeled after many frequent flier programs, with four tiers of membership fans can receive: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Ultimate. Tier levels reset at the end of March each year, so you'll have to spend, spend, spend on an annual basis to keep up your membership.

Don't bother dusting off your anthology of Final Fantasy VII games, though. Product registrations will begin with "every new Square Enix game" starting with VALKYRIE PROFILE: Covenant of the Plume, available in stores today.

Jiro
03-18-2009, 06:29 AM
The presents would need to be very "swanky" to warrant mass purchasing Square-Enix products. But then again, it seems like an effective way to persuade die-hard fans into parting with their money.

I don't sense success from this however.

Negative
03-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow!

Thats a very good way to make money.

sdm42393
03-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes... uh, our rewards system is quite simple, actually. Take the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. Let's say that if you were to buy all of those under our marvelous rewards program you'd get... uh... lemme see... a pencil with Sephiroth on it.

ljkkjlcm9
03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Oddly enough, I just got that game.... which means I can start out on the right foot! lol

THE JACKEL

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-19-2009, 06:48 AM
I'll just join in 2011, once Covenant of the Plume is $20, brand-new.

Mirage
03-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow.

Jiro
03-21-2009, 04:25 AM

No doubt they'll regulate the number of points you get by how much the game actually costs.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-21-2009, 05:24 AM

No doubt they'll regulate the number of points you get by how much the game actually costs.

That might go against them, seeing how I can just buy a brand-new copy of Magical Starsign or EBA for $20, brand-new, at my local Play n Trade, while getting the same amount of points (30 points per brand-new eligible DS game for Club Nintendo).