PDA

View Full Version : I have a green male chocobo...

leader of mortals
03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
... Guess what keeps coming up from the breeding? A GREEN FRICKEN MALE CHOCOBO!

I have a game savestated inside and outside, didn't work. I have a game regular saved outside, didn't work. I fought a battle, didn't work. I tried saving outside, going inside and savestating then checking, it was a green male chocobo, so I would load the savestate, go outside, save, load, go back in, DIDN'T WORK!!!

Does anyone know how to reset the fricken breeding mechanics?

Aerith's Knight
03-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Go to the map SAVEGAMES.

Delete it.

Now make a new one.

There you go.

Levian
03-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Don't you need a female Good and a male Great to make one type and a male Good and a female Great to make the other type? I forget which is which, but to get the blue one it should be the opposite of what you've been mating.

leader of mortals
03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Whats map SAVEGAMES? A file in my ePSXe Folder? Cuz I don't have one... Or is that a sarcastic and very very mean joke?

Edit: and I got a blue chocobo from the same coup-le too, but it was male so I used a savestate, went and saved, and now it's at the only green chocobos thingy...

Marshall Banana
03-18-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm a little confused. Are you trying to get a blue female Chocobo that you can mate with your green one?

Save states don't seem to work. Instead, I saved (in the game menu) outside the Chocobo Farm and reset my game with my controller; eventually, I'd get the Chocobo I wanted. If/when you breed a Wonderful Chocobo with a Black Chocobo, talk to the Black Chocobo first, though.

leader of mortals
03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes, I need a blue female chocobo, but even if I save it outside and then press esc and reset it, it still gives me a green male chocobo... Even if I press esc and completely exit out, it does the same...

Jessweeee♪
03-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Keep the green chocobos, you need them to revive Aeris!

Whats map SAVEGAMES? A file in my ePSXe Folder? Cuz I don't have one... Or is that a sarcastic and very very mean joke?

I'm guessing it'll delete your saved games. This reminds me of a time my friend had FFXI troubles and someone told him to delete his system32 folder and he did.

Aerith's Knight
03-18-2009, 10:48 PM

Oh I'm sorry, It's called memcards.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/858/awall.jpg

OMG, A wall!

Great deduction, captain obvious.

leader of mortals
03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
If yo're calling me captain obvious, I thought maybe map savegames was all of the temporary files kept by the mechanics of the game, so stuff it...

Aerith's Knight
03-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry, just a little joke, but really, what do you expect to be in a map called SAVEGAMES? xD

leader of mortals
03-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Bah I thought it was the file "map SAVEGAMES", meaning the changes by your saved game on the map and on mechanics...

Ok but seriously, what is a way to reset the breeding mechanics?

TheSpoonyBard
03-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Don't you need a female Good and a male Great to make one type and a male Good and a female Great to make the other type? I forget which is which, but to get the blue one it should be the opposite of what you've been mating.
Nope.

GreatF + GreatM + Carob Nut + combined total of 4 wins = 50% Blue, 50% Green

The order in which you choose the parents doesn't matter unless you're mating Black and Wonderful, as Marshall Banana said.

Ok but seriously, what is a way to reset the breeding mechanics?
Do something else. Leave the ranch, enter another area, fight some battles, then save. It may take a while, but it will eventually change.

leader of mortals
03-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Ok good, I now have both a blue and a green chocobo, and am now racing the blue to A or S rank. I had to go get W-Summon though to get it...

Edit: OMG!!! My game just came like within an inch of crashing!

Aerith's Knight
03-20-2009, 12:38 AM
You should delete burutter.dll to make sure it doesn't crash again. It interferes with the computers Anti-virus, periodically blocking it.

*pops out behind random molecule*
You actually have to check the second spoiler to figure out I'm joking?!

leader of mortals
03-20-2009, 12:59 AM
I don't have that either, so your trick fails!

Aerith's Knight
03-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Really?

Hmm, then maybe you really could've deleted it. xD

Skyblade
03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
The chocobo generator seems to use a very weird RNG. If you load a game, it seems to reset an RNG "list" to a particular point, and the next chocobo that you breed will always be the exact same one (at least, it seems to be that way for me).

But, there is a way to change it. That RNG is used for generating every chocobo. So catch 4, and then save. Breed them (because battles will affect the breeder, eventually). No Blue Female? Reload. Breed again (using the newly reset RNG). Still none?

Reload yet again, and this time, move a chocobo from the pen outside to the stables. This will use up the chocobo generator RNG, giving you a male chocobo with relative stats/max stats of those the green male you keep breeding gets (stats won't be identical due to the fact that the green would be a higher tiered chocobo and receive boosts for that).

Now that that annoying bit of the RNG is gone, breed your chocobos. Didn't get your Blue Female? Reload again, and this time, move 2 chocobos inside (don't save after moving one in, as it will not save the RNG change) and breed again. Then Reload, move 3 in, and then breed for your colored one.

You can also breed one of the ones you bring in with your green male, which will use up another RNG place. You may have to wait before breeding him again, but it will be worth it. So keep this up until you have run out of chocobos, and you should have gotten your Blue Female. If not, go battle and catch more, without saving, and try each time you get a new one.

I've done this alot when breeding for Chocobo stats as well as gender/color.