PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4 Tips :D?

Jessweeee♪
03-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Woo, just got this game and I just defeated Chie's other self. I'm loving the music and I must say, this game as a really awesome style. I also think it's funny that when the MC wears the glasses he looks like Momiji.

Any tips for a newbie player? And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE SPOILER TAGS FOR SPOILERS OR I WILL MURDER YOU.

Dreddz
03-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Have direct control over all your characters in battle. For some reason the default setup doesn't allow you to. Not that the computer AI is thick, but its always better that you control everyones actions.

Make good use of the status increase/decrease spells. For the first half of the game I shrugged them off but they helped a ton once I started using them wisely. Strategy is always more important than your level so you'll rarely have to grind.

Whenever you encounter a new enemy use all your elemental spells on them until you find a weakness. 99% of all the enemies in Persona 4 have a weakness and you should always exploit them so you can get an extra turn. You also knock them down if you hit their weakness, if you knock every enemy down you can go for an all-out attack. Also if you hit an enemy with their weakness twice they go dizzy and have to skip their next turn.

And lastly, DON'T RUN INTO ANY SPOILERS! Persona 4 has a great story and you don't want it ruined. Of course you probably already know this.

Jessweeee♪
03-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm so glad I played P3 first...it was great and all, but there's so many little tweaks in P4 that would make going back to P3 annoying S:

Zeromus_X
03-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Have direct control over all your characters in battle.

Yes. There's also the fact that the AI won't Guard unless they can't do anything, which is really bad against enemies that charge up to use super attacks, or use an element a character is weak to.

Make good use of the status increase/decrease spells.

And this. Buff/Debuffs are even better in this game, ~40-50% compared to P3's ~30%. If you combine these skills with Mind/Power Charge (2.5 x next magic/physical attack), you can do some insane damage.

Also physical skills are really good in this game too, especially the kind that can cause status effects. They're a good choice if there's a group of enemies without any weaknesses.

Markus. D
03-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Aeris dies!

uhhh, I can really only help with spoilers as I've yet to play enough.

Stay very very far away from Zeromus_X's youtube channel during this time, as his awe inspiring P4 videos will probably ruin the experience for yourself.

Jessweeee♪
03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Wooow, I thought maybe tactics would be a bit more important in this game because the tactics memory was on by default, but wow!

Momiji
03-19-2009, 12:37 AM
I also think it's funny that when the MC wears the glasses he looks like Momiji.

Huh?

*looks up a picture*

Whoa, he does. :x

JKTrix
03-19-2009, 12:39 AM
When fusing persona and you want the new persona to have at least one specific skill, keep selecting and deselecting the persona to 're-shuffle' the inherited skill the fused persona will get. If you're doing a straight fusion, to 're-shuffle' you have to deselect both persona and then select them again. That way, you can force some pretty special traits. Something like a Jack Frost with Resist Fire early on in the game (though I think that may have been a calendar reward or something).

Jessweeee♪
03-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Eeeeeeeee the music is so puuuuuurdy :3

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2009, 01:51 AM
I know double posting is bad, but OH MY GOD SHADOW TEDDIE SCARED ME. After he did his thing and his avatar was all flat and asplodey I was like...eeeghh he looks so creepy now, and then after he repeats "There's no real me?" a second time you know some serious stuff is about to go down, and then HE CAME OUT AND I WAS SO SCARED D: