PDA

View Full Version : WWE Wrestling is not a real show.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I know it's scripted and the men and women are basically actors/stuntmen masquerading as athletes but the storylines are so ridiculous that they're hard for me to swallow.

It's easier for me to accept the plot of a Batman cartoon than it is for me to accept the plot of Monday Night Raw and that's saying something.

Balzac
03-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Sports entertainment. The clue is in the genre.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-20-2009, 09:04 PM

I know but there was a time when wrestling was less cheesy somehow.

Momiji
03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
And... this is new?

Rocket Edge
03-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Just think of it like a running soap story.

Del Murder
03-20-2009, 09:47 PM
The storylines weren't as cheesey back in the day but the gimmicks sure were.

If you looked at daily soap operas you will see that their stories are much crazier. I'd compare it to that rather than Batman.

Dreddz
03-20-2009, 11:16 PM
The ridiculousness of the stories is the only thing in wrestling that interests me. And thats what makes wrestling such a bore to watch these days, they focus on the stunts and costumes and not on the real entertainment. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSgfHGgB78I)

Big D
03-21-2009, 01:54 AM
I liked the WCW, back in its glory days when it rivalled - or even surpassed - the WWF for popularity. The late '90s, mainly. Ludicrous storylines, but deliberately hammed up and not taken too seriously. Fun, memorable characters. The WWE tends to take itself a bit too seriously, which is why I never got into it.

chaos_ghost
03-23-2009, 06:44 PM

I know but there was a time when wrestling was less cheesy somehow.

The storylines weren't as cheesey back in the day but the gimmicks sure were.

If you looked at daily soap operas you will see that their stories are much crazier. I'd compare it to that rather than Batman.

No, it was always cheesy. Take it from a guy whose been watching wrestling since I came out the womb.

The reason it seems cheesier now? You're older and more detached from it.

EDIT: Another contributating factor is the fact that during the Attitude era of the 90s it was SEX SEX MIDDLE FINGER CROTCH CHOP PIE whereas now the product is headed for a PG rating.

Bunny
03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I used to watch that stuff. I stopped during the McMahon-Triple H saga.

God that was 9 years ago?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-24-2009, 02:43 AM
I used to watch that stuff. I stopped during the McMahon-Triple H saga.

God that was 9 years ago?

Yep that was nine years ago, I haven't been a fan of wrestling since 2005 :cool:

ljkkjlcm9
03-24-2009, 02:46 AM
the WWE is actually considered a soap opera. It is technically the longest running show. There hasn't been a repeat episode since it was created in 1952.

THE JACKEL