PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Skills you want (but can't have)

MJN SEIFER
03-20-2009, 11:50 PM
The E. Skill Materia is cool, but it only allows you certain Enemy Skills, are there any Enemy Skills you wish where part of the E. Skill selection - in other words, what do you wish you could learn, although you can't.

I would have loved to have Aero 3 as an E. Skill - it does some good damage and looks really cool. By the by, was there ever an Aero or Aero 2 in the game, or does the "3" not mean the same as it does with the magic in FFVII? (or maybe Rapps has the same "logic" as Jecht :jess:).

leader of mortals
03-21-2009, 12:44 AM
I think a wind magic materia was orginally planned, but taken out...

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2009, 12:58 AM
A-bomb E. skill

Instantly kills everyone, including your party.

Marshall Banana
03-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Is Chocobuckle actually useful or is it just cute?

Darkswordofchaos
03-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Quick sand. just make the enemys get sucked up

MJN SEIFER
03-21-2009, 01:13 AM
I think a wind magic materia was orginally planned, but taken out...
That seams logical, seeing as all the other elements where there...

DarkBahamut
03-21-2009, 01:15 AM
What enemy skill you want? Simple.

Shoop Da Whoop.

Del Murder
03-21-2009, 01:29 AM
When I've been playing I see enemies use skills that are learnable in FFXI as a Blue Mage and I get mad when my characters don't learn it. Like Self Destruct.

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2009, 01:33 AM
When I've been playing I see enemies use skills that are learnable in FFXI as a Blue Mage and I get mad when my characters don't learn it. Like Self Destruct.

I'm the bomb!

Negative
03-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Super nova

That wouldve been awesome.

Rantz
03-21-2009, 11:34 AM

It's a fixed damage spell, it does damage equal to the number of times you've run from battle. It could be useful as an "always 9999 damage" attack for only 3 MP, but it would take a whole lot of work to max out. You can also bring it up to 2222 damage and use it to get the Lucky 7s trick easier.

leader of mortals
03-21-2009, 03:39 PM

It's a fixed damage spell, it does damage equal to the number of times you've run from battle. It could be useful as an "always 9999 damage" attack for only 3 MP, but it would take a whole lot of work to max out. You can also bring it up to 2222 damage and use it to get the Lucky 7s trick easier.

Wasn't it your escapes*10 in japan?

Rantz
03-21-2009, 04:46 PM
In the Japanese version, the damage dealt is [caster's level * amount of times escaped from battle], so at level 99 you'd only need 101 escapes for the spell to be maxed out.

DarkBahamut
03-21-2009, 04:50 PM

I'm the bomb!

I think BG-57 is the bomb.:p

Big D
03-22-2009, 01:01 AM
By the by, was there ever an Aero or Aero 2 in the game...?Yup, both of those appear. Aero2 belongs to one of the random monsters in the Whirlwind Maze, I believe, and I'm sure regular Aero is around somewhere too.

An Enemy Skill I wish I could get is the Level 4 Flare used by the Allemagne monsters in the Northern Cave. Brutal stuff, 9999 damage through nearly any defence I believe. I'm also pretty fond of the Grand Spark attack used by those irksome plant monsters in the Junon Area forests, also used by Rude for some reason. I guess he's got a special Enemy Skill materia of his own...

Wolf Kanno
03-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Self-Destruct and the Aero spells are the big ones for me. Mostly cause they are traditional Blue magic and it was a bit weird not having them. If there was a way to modify the damage equation, I would say Everyone's Grudge by the Master Tonberry. Emerald Weapons Ultimate attack would be kinda neat if a bit useless but it would be another decent incentive to fight him.

The Turk
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Aero 3 for me too. I don't know why but for some reason it feels like it should be an enemy skill, but isn't.

I love the ES materia though and it's the only materia I used when I last completed the game.