PDA

View Full Version : Ooh, You Sound Tough

Yar
03-21-2009, 01:02 AM
My dad is playing Call of Duty. The stupidity of what is being said by the other players amazes me. All it is is a bunch of swearing and idiotic commentary. :( One guy keeps calling this other girl a "nappy headed Canadian."

So, what are some things you've heard on internet games, that you found amusing or insane? Also, how do you mute the speech? :p

Darkswordofchaos
03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
adam sessler off of G4 was raisin hell about people bein racist and homophobic on there the other day

Marshall Banana
03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
On FFXI a character named xXSephirothXx ran up to my Taru and said something like, "LOSER LOL." I never saw him or her again.

Tavrobel
03-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Ohh, there's too many instances to name. Most of the time, spammers can't be blocked because they're taking advantage of vulnerabilities in the game code itself.

Starcraft is apparently the story of the Jews and the whole of the single-player campaign is analogous to the Old Testament.

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2009, 02:47 AM
It's more or less excessive cursing by ten year olds, or people hearing my voice and going "aw fuck a ten year old." I don't play these games much, and this is one of many reasons xD

Momiji
03-21-2009, 03:57 AM
I rarely use a headset when I play Halo 3 or CoD4/WaW anymore. That's because I usually end up having to listen to stupid little kids who absolutely ruin the game for everyone with stupid comments in annoying high squeaky voices like 'DON'T KILL ME YOU STUPID BITCH, I FUCKED YOUR MOM LAST NIGHT!' with which I usually respond with 'Piss off, your balls clearly haven't dropped yet.'

It annoys me.

Psychotic
03-21-2009, 04:46 AM
I love it when this happens. It lets me know who I need to teabag. I mean, sure, everybody deserves a bagging, but there are so many mouths, and I have but one scrotum. A man needs to prioritise.

My personal favourite was during a game of Gears of War. Some guy came on and said his kids were going to be playing so nobody was allowed to swear. Oh, sure, expose your children to brutal and violent chainsaw massacres, but god forbid they hear naughty words!

I am actually somewhat guilty of this, though. I gave the mic to my brother once and he just screamed absolute nonsense about 9/11 in a high-pitched voice at people. The other team were super pissed off with me, of course. Pity that I put in the performance of my smurfing life for that game, complete with my brother shrieking with every kill I nailed. (Halo players, I got 40+ kills in a game of Big Team Slayer.) It's juvenile, but I don't give a smurf. :laugh:

Momiji
03-21-2009, 04:49 AM
I love it when this happens. It lets me know who I need to teabag. I mean, sure, everybody deserves a bagging, but there are so many mouths, and I have but one scrotum. A man needs to prioritise.

My personal favourite was during a game of Gears of War. Some guy came on and said his kids were going to be playing so nobody was allowed to swear. Oh, sure, expose your children to brutal and violent chainsaw massacres, but god forbid they hear naughty words!

Teabagging isn't as fun as it used to be, now that everyone and their mom does it now.

I punch the corpses of those I've killed, now. More than once depending on how much they piss me off.

Slothy
03-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I am actually somewhat guilty of this, though. I gave the mic to my brother once and he just screamed absolute nonsense about 9/11 in a high-pitched voice at people. The other team were super pissed off with me, of course. Pity that I put in the performance of my smurfing life for that game, complete with my brother shrieking with every kill I nailed. (Halo players, I got 40+ kills in a game of Big Team Slayer.) It's juvenile, but I don't give a smurf. :laugh:

Honestly, some times when I hear people running their mouths or making racist comments I just get annoyed and mute them, but other times (assuming the server I'm on won't ban me for it, though sometimes even if they would) I love to jump on the mic and screw with those guys, or people who are just being blatantly stupid.It's even better when you get me and my best friend on the same server. We work best as a team. ;)

KentaRawr!
03-21-2009, 12:09 PM
On FFXI a character named xXSephirothXx ran up to my Taru and said something like, "LOSER LOL." I never saw him or her again.

It sounds like a little piece of Runescape stopped in to say hi.

Jiro
03-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I heard Runescape was cool again. I somehow controlled the urge to punch the person and instead just laughed at them.
I would love to be a total pain to anyone who annoyed me online, but I don't have online (yet) so I can't :(

Moon Rabbits
03-21-2009, 05:06 PM
adam sessler off of G4 was raisin hell about people bein racist and homophobic on there the other day

I always thought it was cool that he went on those rants. I agree with him; anonymity on X-Box Live = BASTARDS.

Yar
03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
I think I found it, unless it was a different rant. xD

Sessler constructively rants about Xbox Live bigots (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/12/sessler-constructively-rants-about-xbox-live-bigots/)

I love single-player games. :D I can be homophobic to myself!

Masamunemaster
03-21-2009, 07:03 PM

Haha I remember a few people like this when I played....and I remember on certain person that got big headed and cocky....he was maybe a 12 thf and tried soloing in the dunes...well lets say he took our kill....expected us to heal him....died.... came back saying he was going to MPK us all....HAHA

Markus. D
03-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, I'll head into Guild War's PvP Areas, I'm thinking Balthazar's Temple or Random Arenas, there's always something political being talked about, uno-momen'

Edit: We talked about how awesome Diablo III is going to be :{... nothing dumb at this time.