PDA

View Full Version : PS3, 360 and in between

captkrill
03-21-2009, 06:00 PM
I've been keeping a watchful eye on FFXIII and I have to say I am quite confused to say the least.

Here is what I am understand from reading random *insider* info and what not.

FFXIII on PS3 and 360 will have major differences in characters and story but still based in the same world.

Is this true?

And FF:FNC is where I am totally confused. Ive read that it is a spin off of FFXIII, and that it is it's own seperate game nothing alike and everything in between. What is it supposed to be? Is it going to be like FFXII and FFXII:RW? Or similar to the Crystal Chronicles? Or what?

Any help in clearing this up would be awesometastic.

Wolf Kanno
03-21-2009, 06:47 PM
FFXIII on PS3 and 360 will have major differences in characters and story but still based in the same world.

Is this true?

SE has never announced any major differences between the 360 version and the PS3 version. I would bet its differences would only be in technical elements like load times and the 360 version may have slightly inferior graphics. There might be some different DLC for each version but nothing has been announced so that's just a rumor as well.

Its highly unlikely SE would burn more money to make the game different on each system. The 360 version is for the most part, a port of the PS3 version.

And FF:FNC is where I am totally confused. Ive read that it is a spin off of FFXIII, and that it is it's own seperate game nothing alike and everything in between. What is it supposed to be? Is it going to be like FFXII and FFXII:RW? Or similar to the Crystal Chronicles? Or what?

FNC is the name of the entire FFXIII project. It incorporates FFXIII FFVerusXIII, and FFXIII Agito for the moment. Its rumored that their are 3 other projects in the works as well but nothing has been confirmed so I wouldn waste time looking for info.

XIII is the next numbered installment and is being worked on by the director and creator of FFX-2 and FFXII: RW. The team is a mix of the FFX-2 team and certain core members of the FF team.

FFVersusXIII is a game being developed by Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts team and is rumored to be an action rpg.

FFXIII Agito is a handheld game originally meant for the Cell phone but I believe is now being ported to the PSP.

All three games take place in different worlds but are all connected by having a central theme of the Crystal (so their basically like most of the FF titles :p).

I hope this helped.

captkrill
03-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Ah,

Judging by what you've told me, I will probably be playing only the next installment and the PSP version. Unless the Versus is going to be like the elder scrolls or similar titles...FP-RPG or even Third Person...

As far as the 360 and PS3 versions go, I guess I'll have to wait and see whats so different about them and go off that. If its graphics, UI and such I'll go with the PS3l; story difference...I have to say I will be getting both...heh

Thanks for the info, and it did help.

Crimson
03-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Ah,

Judging by what you've told me, I will probably be playing only the next installment and the PSP version. Unless the Versus is going to be like the elder scrolls or similar titles...FP-RPG or even Third Person...

As far as the 360 and PS3 versions go, I guess I'll have to wait and see whats so different about them and go off that. If its graphics, UI and such I'll go with the PS3l; story difference...I have to say I will be getting both...heh

Thanks for the info, and it did help.

Nomura said that Versus will have a dark storyline to it, and that the gameplay will feel similar to Kingdom Hearts.

Still, the idea of a dark FF is very interesting.

captkrill
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
That would be interesting.

I can see it now...playing a Sephiroth main char. muahahaha :D

I Don't Need A Name
03-23-2009, 09:08 PM
the last time FF took a dark twist (in my opinion) is FF IX, and that was a great game. i doubt Versus will come close, but im willing to be suprised

captkrill
03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Now you've struck my curiosity to the point of being as intriguing as watching a 3 legged dog trying to bury a Mr. Hankey on an icy lake....

How exactly did IX take a dark twist? Kuja was the only dark character throughout the entire game. Trance Kuja was one I wished I could've played.

Elly
03-24-2009, 03:30 PM
lol, IX is about as dark as Strawberry Shortcake & Rainbow Brite cartoons... you want dark play FF VI & VII, or anything from the Persona series...

Purcifur
03-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I heard that it's only being released on the 360 now. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I've heard most recently.

captkrill
03-24-2009, 04:05 PM
That will never happen. Sony wont allow a game they have rights to, to be made strictly on a microsoft platform like the 360. They will fight tooth and nail to keep it that way. Look what happened to the NES and the PSX...

The only reason FF11 is on the 360 is because it had a larger fan base for the first MMO project. And it was originally on a PC to satisfy the PC gamers.

Crimson
03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
lol, IX is about as dark as Strawberry Shortcake & Rainbow Brite cartoons... you want dark play FF VI & VII, or anything from the Persona series...

LMAO.

captkrill
03-24-2009, 05:48 PM
I think we mean dark as evil not shadowy-look. :D

Wolf Kanno
03-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't know, IX had a villain who was created to cause wars and kill countless life on a undeveloped world so Garland could infuse the planet with the souls of his aging culture into their circle of reincarnation. The souls of the planet, unable to return to the cycle of reincarnation are turned into Mist which causes mutations in monsters and provokes the violent tendency of the planets inhabitants leading to more death.

Kuja then takes this Mist and uses it to create a race of beings whose only purpose is war and are expendable. He then causes the devastation of the two biggest world powers kills countless people and his home world. In the end, he decides to wipe existence out cause he can't bear the thought of life going on without him.

From a mature and philosophical standpoint, I would say that is pretty dark. Personally, the only "dark" thing Versus has shown us is the heavy use AC's color scheme (Black, dark blue, and sun bleach :jess: ) and we actually get to see blood. If you want a really "dark and mature" FF, play the original FFTactics. ;)

sdm42393
03-24-2009, 09:02 PM
I heard that it's only being released on the 360 now. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I've heard most recently.

Why would SE decided to keep it 360 exclusive in America and PS3 exclusive in Japan? That's just stupid. :p

Depression Moon
03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't know, IX had a villain who was created to cause wars and kill countless life on a undeveloped world so Garland could infuse the planet with the souls of his aging culture into their circle of reincarnation. The souls of the planet, unable to return to the cycle of reincarnation are turned into Mist which causes mutations in monsters and provokes the violent tendency of the planets inhabitants leading to more death.

Kuja then takes this Mist and uses it to create a race of beings whose only purpose is war and are expendable. He then causes the devastation of the two biggest world powers kills countless people and his home world. In the end, he decides to wipe existence out cause he can't bear the thought of life going on without him.

From a mature and philosophical standpoint, I would say that is pretty dark. Personally, the only "dark" thing Versus has shown us is the heavy use AC's color scheme (Black, dark blue, and sun bleach :jess: ) and we actually get to see blood. If you want a really "dark and mature" FF, play the original FFTactics. ;)
Yeah what he said. Oh and you forgot about Zidane's role as well. Him almost becoming a mindless slave and going against his party. Vivi a party of the drone army that eventually well, you know. Garnet's begginning and he turn to queen is pretty tragic as well. He also went through some deep :bou::bou::bou::bou:, Vivi, and Garnet too.

Depression Moon
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM

Yeah what he said. Oh and you forgot about Zidane's role as well. Him almost becoming a mindless slave and going against his party. Vivi a party of the drone army that eventually well, you know. Garnet's begginning and her turn to queen is pretty tragic as well. He also went through some deep :bou::bou::bou::bou:, Vivi, and Garnet too.

champagne supernova
03-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah, Final Fantasy is staying PS3 exclusive in most of Asia, due to the lack of Xbox 360 owners in the area. Thus they are going to do all the original technological development on PS3 (while apparently porting it to Xbox as they go along). Once they've done that, they'll translate it for the rest of the world and sell it.

It makes absolutely no sense for Square-Enix to make it an Xbox-360 exclusive in America and Europe because the PS3 has such a large market demographic, and they have already got the original code for the PS3, and a translation. From a business sense, they have to go dual-platform outside of Asia.

Whether the Xbox version looks better than the PS3 version is really unknown now. The fact that it is originally developed for the PS3, along with Square's lack of experience with the Xbox, should mean that it runs better on a PS3, but you do get very good ports.

Versus XIII does seem to be kind of dark, although Wolf did point out that this could be because of the palette in the videos. However, they do refer to the main character as the last king trying to protect his way of life, or something along those lines, which sounds a lot darker than VII, VIII or IX. My theory is that it is a bit of a technology/magic struggle going on, but who knows.

I know Wolf's opinion of Nomura isn't exceptionally high, but Versus does appear to be giving something different.

Wolf Kanno
03-24-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm actually looking forward to Versus to be honest ;)

I just have a feeling that what Nomura and Kitase feels is "Dark and mature" is probably a bit different than what other people would feel.

VeloZer0
03-25-2009, 02:52 PM
That’s what I assumed was meant when IX was listed as a 'dark' game. For me 'dark' isn't so much an artistic quality, as a plot quality. I don't like lighter hearted games, as it (to me) seems much less epic and heroic if the world isn't in dire straits to begin with. However, making the plot dark doesn't mean the development team should forego all use of color. Games like IX and Chrono Cross are excellent examples of how a colorful game can still have a sinister undertone.