PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Racing, I'll always miss you..

Trinity Shadeaux
03-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Today, my copy of Chocobo Racing died. I'll miss it deeply until it gets replaced. Does anybody else here still play the game?

Wolf Kanno
03-23-2009, 05:57 AM
I have a demo but never was able to find a copy of it back in the day. Afterwords, it got lost in the whirlpool of awesome titles released by Square before the PS1 died.

I liked it despite being a Mario Kart clone. :cool:

MJN SEIFER
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Today, my copy of Chocobo Racing died. I'll miss it deeply until it gets replaced. Does anybody else here still play the game?

Yes, it's really cool, nostalagic racer. I'm sorry your copy "died" - how did that happen?

I always rated the game pretty high, despite the fact it never scored that much to the general public - although, I don't think that was because it was a bad game, (if people hated it then, fine.) but rather it was never really promoted, by people. The shops didn't stock it for long, the magazines gave it a quick review based on face value... It just didn't get the attention it deserved.

Trinity Shadeaux
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
My baby niece managed to get into my room while I was at church. If anything, I'm lucky that I got off with one only broken game. When I got home yesterday there were pieces of the disc on my floor and on the bed. Babies get into everything when they first learn to walk :cry:

Suvious
03-23-2009, 07:52 PM
The real Chocobo racing was in FFVII!

Goldenboko
03-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I was going to buy it but I think I used that money on FFVIII... Damn it.

Jessweeee♪
03-31-2009, 07:09 PM
I didn't know Square made a game just for Chocobo Racing o.o

Wolf Kanno
04-01-2009, 04:09 AM
I didn't know Square made a game just for Chocobo Racing o.o

Here's the games uber cute opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMNfUF0GRa4).

It was a Mario Kart knock off using characters from the Chocobo Dungeon series. The game also had a few FF cameo's like Cloud and Squall as unlockable racers. It was a pretty sweet game. :cool: