PDA

View Full Version : Book Club - VOTE!

Miriel
03-23-2009, 04:50 AM
Book with the highest vote gets to be the first book for the EoFF Book Club. So choose wisely!

Click here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/123705-eoff-monthly-book-club-book-suggestions.html) if you want more info about the individual books listed in the poll.

Also, it's a public poll and by voting, you're agreeing to participate in the book club. If you vote and don't participate, I will lay the smack down. ^_^

The Man
03-23-2009, 04:56 AM
This voting for only one title thing sucks because there are so many titles listed. Can't we do multiple choice?

Del Murder
03-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Yeah I'd also like to vote for more than one. It will be better because you vote for the ones you want to read to make sure at least one of them gets picked.

Miriel
03-23-2009, 05:05 AM
Yeah I'd also like to vote for more than one. It will be better because you vote for the ones you want to read to make sure at least one of them gets picked.

If you want to, then you figure out how to change the option, cause I dunno how. :p

Bastian
03-23-2009, 05:14 AM
So many good books! Howl's Moving Castle is smurfin awesome! As is its sequel Castle in the Air and the third book House of Many Ways. Soooo good.

I'd really like to finally get around to reading Good Omens or Dark Tea Time of the Soul.

The Man
03-23-2009, 06:19 AM
I voted for like half of them because I already have read/own a good chunk of them and would probably be willing to purchase/read the rest. I don't really care as long as it isn't Eragon.

Bastian
03-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I'm not reading Eragon again. That book SUCKED my balls. And not in a good way.

rubah
03-23-2009, 06:24 AM
I read Long Dark Teatime ages ago and it was just completely over my head. I tried a few years ago but it didn't suit me at all. I bet I'd like it better now

qwertysaur
03-23-2009, 06:25 AM
I refuse to buy Eragon, but I'll participate for any of the others :p

Shlup
03-23-2009, 07:24 AM
I've made your poll insurmountably better. You can thank me by voting for You Suck: A Love Story as the rest are either the start of a series, appear uninteresting, or I've already read them.

Though Survivor is one of my favorite books. Good Omens was okay.

Raven Nox
03-23-2009, 11:33 AM
This looks interesting, and I need to read more, so...

More people should vote for You Suck because I bought it a while ago and need an excuse to read it. xD I'd be happy with Good Omens though, because I've been meaning to read that as well. Or Howl's Moving Castle as I've only read half of it.

Though really, I've been meaning to read so much and yet read so little that probably anything would be ok with me. xD

Polaris
03-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I already read "Momo" in German from Michael Ende so I know his books and I think they are very interesting, sometimes they are for kids, which ends up being kinda weird for adults, but that's the only author I know from there and I think it would be really interesting to read :)

Bastian
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Polaris: Momo is definately a childrens' book. The Neverending Story isn't. At all. A lot of the philosophical ideas of the second half would be wasted on a child. Or maybe I was an especially dense ten year old when I first read it. Haha.

Shlup
03-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Two more people vote for "You Suck" so I can close to poll already.

Rebellious Eagle
03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Well, I can tell you right now that Eragon was a really boring book. And Playing for Pizza is actually really good - I'm reading it right now. And The Golden Compass was pretty good, too. But I really wanna see what this Eye of the World book is about. It sounds intriguing.

~*~Celes~*~
03-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm interested! I just gotta get that library membership back first.

Rocket Edge
03-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Survivor looks the most interesting to me. I'd be up for The Neverending Story & Howl's Moving Castle also.

Miriel
04-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Poll Closed!