PDA

View Full Version : Punctuality

KentaRawr!
03-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Are you punctual? :p What are some things you've been late for? How did people react?

Caraliz
03-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Try to be. I hate being late :(

Flying Mullet
03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm very bad about being late and it drives my wife crazy. It's not that I want to be late, I but I always seem to underestimate the time it takes to get somewhere.

escobert
03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Same with Liz. I try to be. and I hate not being on time. While growing up I had to be home at a certain time and I had 5 minutes of leeway to be late. after that I was in trouble.

Shoeberto
03-24-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm very bad about being late and it drives my wife crazy. It's not that I want to be late, I but I always seem to underestimate the time it takes to get somewhere.
I used to be really bad about that when I first started driving if I was going out of town. Often I though places that took half an hour to get to only took 20 minutes, or that places that took an hour to get to only took 40 minutes. I was late for a few movies that way.

Generally though I'm too paranoid to be late for things. There's been a few occassions where I've been so pre-occupied with something I just totally forgot to go somewhere, though I was able to make good on them.

scrumpleberry
03-24-2009, 10:59 PM
hahahaha no

I hate being late, but I am all the time. It really annoys me.

Rocket Edge
03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I am always late.

Rantz
03-24-2009, 11:08 PM
I am always too early because I am paranoid about being late.

Wolf Kanno
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm always late and I generally don't mind. I think I only arrive to movies on time and that's it. Work, social event, family events, or just running errands; I'm usually a few minutes late or at best, on time but I'm never early and can't be bothered to.

I think it stems from my family always being incredibly early and this is my way of subconsciously rebelling in my own way. I couldn't count how many times I would be annoyed cause my grandparents had us arrive half an hour early for a concert only so they can choose to sit in the backrow... :roll2

Bunny
03-24-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm never late. I always arrive precisely when I mean to.

Balzac
03-25-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm always late, I used to be terrible and forget things and not keep dates. Now though, I'm all good.

rubah
03-25-2009, 12:29 AM
I tend to be chronically early, but sometimes I lack the appropriate head start.

Mirage
03-25-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm late for work by 5 minutes every other day.

Caraliz
03-25-2009, 01:07 AM
I hate being early. I hate having nothing to do and waiting for someone. I'd rather be 15 minutes late than 15 early.

rubah
03-25-2009, 01:15 AM
I hate being early. I hate having nothing to do and waiting for someone. I'd rather be 15 minutes late than 15 early.

?

Caraliz
03-25-2009, 01:23 AM

?
I prefer to be on time, of course. :cool:

Momiji
03-25-2009, 02:01 AM

Likewise.

However, if it's something I am anticipating, I'll be there before I'm supposed to be.

Bunny
03-25-2009, 02:04 AM
You being late makes FM's wife angry?

That's crazy, Mommy.

Momiji
03-25-2009, 02:07 AM

That's crazy, Mommy.

:kaofight:

I meant it as in I'm sometimes late because I have a mistaken sense of time on occasion.

Shlup
03-25-2009, 05:18 AM
I run on Mexican Time (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mexican+time)*. Entirely. If I'm meeting up with someone I'll be on time but other than people directly relying on me I will very rarely be on time.

I don't like being tied down to some bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: clock.

*I swear to God they taught me this in college with a straight face like it wasn't prejudiced at all.

Jiro
03-25-2009, 06:23 AM
I'm only late when other people don't run on my schedule. That being said, I arrive ridiculously early a lot of the time, which isn't great either.

I was late to the bus station twice due to my brother, I had to follow the bus until it made a stop and everybody on there that I knew laughed at me :(

Flying Mullet
03-25-2009, 12:09 PM

That's crazy, Mommy.
Yeah, Momiji's late and I have to hear about it for the next three days. :(

Miriel
03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I run on Mexican Time (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mexican+time)*. Entirely. If I'm meeting up with someone I'll be on time but other than people directly relying on me I will very rarely be on time.

I don't like being tied down to some bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: clock.

*I swear to God they taught me this in college with a straight face like it wasn't prejudiced at all.

Heh, well I run on Asian Time (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asian+time). I think in general, people just aren't punctual, and they like to blame it on ethnicity and culture.

I'm almost always late to everything. It's worse in LA because even if I leave with plenty of buffer time, the traffic is so unpredictable that I could be 10 minutes early one day and 1 hour late the next. One time, it took me an hour to go one mile from my apt to school because of traffic. One mile! But I think anyone who lives in the area understands, so no one really gets too upset about it. It makes me really ansty when I'm late though. It's not a good feeling. But somehow, I'm always forgetting something and having to rush back into the house, or I forget that I don't have any gas and I need to stop by the station, or I get LOST (this one happens a lot), or stuck manuerving around closed exits and road blocks and inevitably, I always end up being late.

blackmage_nuke
03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I usually get to my destination too early because I dont want to be late. Then if I wait around too long I always get this paranoid feeling i got the times wrong or day or something and then if I really get alot of time to think while i wait i start to think that maybe I dreamed the plans and that Im not really meant to be there and then i move on to thinking maybe my friends are imaginary and dont really exist and im going crazy.

...So thats why i dont like it when others are late

Purcifur
03-25-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm generally punctual but my boyfriend always calls me the queen of taking her time, and tells me to get the lead out of my arse. Hahah. I'm on time I just make him nervous I suppose.

I've also had occasions where I was up and ready to go for an interview 3 hours early. It depends on where I'm headed. If it's to the mall and it's just me and I can't inconvenience anyone that I'm as slow as frozen molasses. If there's other people involved though I'm usually 10 minutes early.

Zeldy
03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
I am so rubbish at being punctual. Expect me to be an hour late, at least.

qwertysaur
03-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm ALWAYS running a bit late it seems :cactuar:

Darkswordofchaos
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I hate being lat i feel like a huge dorkwad douchebag. they say better late than never but unless its really important id rather not go if im not going to be on time. exept high school, i loved going there late

CimminyCricket
04-09-2009, 04:40 AM
I'm usually about fifteen minutes prior or more. I hate being late, because I know there's going to be something really important that I need someone's help with and if they're late, I know I'll be pissed as hell. So I'm on time, so when someone is late, fuck yeah I can complain about it.

Golden Warrior
04-09-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm usually on time for things like work and classes at the gym. Everything else...that's different. :rolleyes2

Gwawr
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm incredibly OCD about being late. I've been known to turn up to events or concerts over an hour early, just for fear of being late.

I feel sick, guilty and panicky if I'm late to anything, so I'm always there on time. I even can't stand being late to things I've said I'll be there at "aout 8ish". I then feel I HAVE to be there at 8.