PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about the FF7 story that was never answered...

DJKingDavid
03-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Ok...my memory is fuzzy...but Sepiroth stabs Cloud and throws him over the ledge...right? how did he survive...if i am wrong on this please explain the scene to me...thanks! :)

Saber
03-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Ok...my memory is fuzzy...but Sepiroth stabs Cloud and throws him over the ledge...right? how did he survive...if i am wrong on this please explain the scene to me...thanks! :)

There's a certain little clip called "Last Order" you might wanna look into.

Tifa went to fight Sephiroth alone and Zack ended up faceing him. Well After Zack had his fight Cloud came and stabed Sephy in the back with the Buster Sword.

With Sephiroth Weakened, Cloud goes to fight with him some more when Sephiroth stabs him through the stomach. Sephy says "don't push your luck" and cloud with adrenaline picks Sephiroth up and throws him off the edge. So it was Sephiroth that got thrown off the ledge not Cloud.

Later Shinra pick Cloud and Zack up and take them to Shinra maner. For 4 years they inject Jenova cells and do experiments on Zack and Cloud. They escape and head to midgar.

DJKingDavid
03-25-2009, 05:41 PM
aaahhh...thanks bro...any place to read a complete story on FF VII??? or new stories??

qwertysaur
03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Also a stab wound is usually nonfatal unless it hits a major organ. The masamuse is a very thin sword in FFVII, so Cloud got lucky and didn't get hit in a vital area. Aerith on the other hand had it through her heart, which is fatal to anybody.

Wolf Kanno
03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
With Sephiroth Weakened, Cloud goes to fight with him some more when Sephiroth stabs him through the stomach. Sephy says "don't push your luck" and cloud with adrenaline picks Sephiroth up and throws him off the edge. So it was Sephiroth that got thrown off the ledge not Cloud.

There is also the version where he jumps into the Lifestream of his own free will. The amusing thing is that the Ultimania mentions there was two different ways that scenario went down and it doesn't actually specify which is canon (http://ultimania.ff7compilation.net/profile/sephiroth.php).

Darkswordofchaos
03-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Also a stab wound is usually nonfatal unless it hits a major organ. The masamuse is a very thin sword in FFVII, so Cloud got lucky and didn't get hit in a vital area. Aerith on the other hand had it through her heart, which is fatal to anybody.

NOt me:D

Elly
03-26-2009, 03:50 AM
both are canon... just two viewpoints on the subject, one being Clouds View and the other being the view of the ShinRa Report as read by Tseng in LO, of course each glorifies their own side...

The Turk
03-26-2009, 03:29 PM
There's a certain little clip called "Last Order" you might wanna look into.
Or you might not.

Yeah in Last Order they removed Cloud's single most heroic scene in the game and had Sephiroth jump in the lifestream. Nice job guys!

I like to think the way it went down in the game with Cloud, despite being stabbed, being able to throw Sephiroth into the lifestream as I like the way a mere human is able to beat Sephiroth is cannon.

Elly
03-26-2009, 04:29 PM
and therein lies the problem with a lot of compilation haters, they want one singular truth to their story, but this particular story does not work that way... there are three sides to every story; yours, mine, & the truth, or in this case Clouds (and his friends/aquaintances), ShinRa's, & the truth... the way this story is put together you get to see things from multiple perspectives from the viewpoints of different characters but they have yet to specify the truth, so in this particular story they have yet to provide the truth, or to keep it ambiguous they may never reveal the truth but rather keep it a story of multiple perspectives... i honestly prefer this type of storytelling as opposed to "spoonfeeding you the answers" stories or "one-sided" stories...

Wolf Kanno
03-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Personally, I still see it as more of a ploy to get the stupid fans to buy the next installment to see what the "truth" is because the Compilation basically smurfs up all the canon in the story for the sake of money. But I guess that's just my perspective ;)

The scene with Sephiroth is one of the few I don't really mind cause personally, I hated the Cloud's version. Its the other elements of the canon change that bug the hell out of me; like changing the order of historical events and adding lousy characters into some of the most important parts of the series mythos for no damn reason except to say he was there... :roll2

Darkswordofchaos
03-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Also a stab wound is usually nonfatal unless it hits a major organ.

A sword into any part of the center mass would be 95% fatal to a human. theres the heart and lungs takeing up all of the uper part.
and if you got hit in the gut you would bleed to death on the inside

the only reason i think cloud survived is because shinra found him and put him in mako and injected him with jenova cells

The Turk
03-27-2009, 12:23 PM
i honestly prefer this type of storytelling as opposed to "spoonfeeding you the answers" stories or "one-sided" stories...

It's nothing like spoon-feeding you, it's changing it, retconning it. Suppose in a remake they had Sephiroth say "damn, I didn't mean to kill the flower girl!! I was just up her cutting bread to make sandwiches and I fell." Would you be upset because they changed something or would you say "Fantastic! God I love Square and am glad they are no longer spoon-feeding me the plot." The change would be stupid right? But no, this is Sephiroth's perspective.

The plot to VII can hardly be accused of spoon-feeding. It's very complicated with it's use on an unreliable narrator. And yes the game DID work fine with one singular truth, that being the one in VII. The sequels could have worked fine without changing a thing, but Square either through laziness, forgetfulness or to try and find a way to work it's cash-ins into the plot somehow changed it.

Moon Rabbits
03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Also a stab wound is usually nonfatal unless it hits a major organ.

A sword into any part of the center mass would be 95% fatal to a human. theres the heart and lungs takeing up all of the uper part.
and if you got hit in the gut you would bleed to death on the inside

the only reason i think cloud survived is because shinra found him and put him in mako and injected him with jenova cells

Really, I'd be more concerned with why there are giant yellow birds that you can ride or how that man got a functioning gun attached to his arm.

Darkswordofchaos
03-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Those are just ostriches some vandels spray painted