PDA

View Full Version : Trigger-happy Mouse?

Crimson
03-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Forgive the bad pun, it just seemed right.

Anyways, for the past few weeks, my mouse has been randomly choosing to double click, and before anyone says "Check folder options....set to double click blah blah...." I've already done that, it's set the way it should, besides, it's not happening consistently, it's happening randomly, any ideas? Is it time to take a trip to the computer pet store?

Thanks

nik0tine
03-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Sounds like a virus of some variety. I think I had one once that did something similar.

Crimson
03-28-2009, 01:11 AM
bump

no more suggestions? :(

Marshall Banana
03-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Mine did this before. It occasionally dashed to a corner of my screen at random, too! I just bought a new mouse.

o_O
03-28-2009, 01:59 AM
If it's randomly double clicking then it could be Windows/the mouse driver malfunctioning; the mouse cable; a virus or something going crazy with the mouse itself. You should try another mouse to see if the same thing happens. I suspect you're dealing with a faulty mouse.

If it's jumping about the screen then you should have a look at the surface you're using it on. If it's an optical mouse and it's a shiny/uneven surface then it can jump about. Also, check to make sure that little hairs haven't gotten stuck in the optical bit underneath. :p

crono_logical
03-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm sure I've mentioned it before on this forum, but random double clicks can happen on older mice when the spring/anti-bounce mechanisms are failing, and a new mouse will fix that :p