PDA

View Full Version : sardonic vs. sarcastic

Caraliz
03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
I've recently come across someone I can't label as sarcastic or sardonic so hey, why not ask EoFF to define what the difference is!

I think I'm more of a sardonic person, I've been called bitter and cynical more times than I can count. But I can be quite sarcastic at times, using humor that wounds others quite profusely without even meaning to. I'm just not serious a whole lot.

This guy seems to be the same, but he just pisses me off, so I want to label him "ass fucker" but I don't think that exists in Webster's dictionary yet.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
This guy seems to be the same, but he just pisses me off, so I want to label him "ass smurfer" but I don't think that exists in Webster's dictionary yet.

Try looking under gay, or homosexual male. Then again, some straight guys like doing girls up the poop shoot too. :D

I never quite got the difference between sardonic and sarcastic, though I always thought they were closely related. I am more of a sarcastic person though, at least from your definition.

Caraliz
03-26-2009, 07:34 PM
This guy seems to be the same, but he just pisses me off, so I want to label him "ass smurfer" but I don't think that exists in Webster's dictionary yet.

Try looking under gay, or homosexual male. Then again, some straight guys like doing girls up the poop shoot too. :D

I never quite got the difference between sardonic and sarcastic, though I always thought they were closely related. I am more of a sarcastic person though, at least from your definition.
xD

His picture would be right there.

They are very closely related, though sardonic is somewhat bitter and ironic in nature and sarcastic is ... well fuck.

Yar
03-27-2009, 02:36 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/123109-sarcastic-sardonic-same-thing.html :D

Bunny
03-27-2009, 02:37 AM
I am sarcastically sardonic.

SilverWind
03-27-2009, 03:42 AM
I am sardonically sarcastic.

Linus
03-27-2009, 03:43 AM
I'm explodey.

DynasticJam
03-27-2009, 03:45 AM
I am sardonically sarcastic.

Boo! As if I wasn't expecting that!

escobert
03-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Sarcastic I guess?

Moon Rabbits
03-27-2009, 05:14 AM
I've always thought being sardonic was just mocking or being snarky to someone under the guise of humour, and sarcasm is implying something you aren't saying through your tone, or just plain irony. I like to be both sardonic and sarcastic at the same time :greenie:

Mostly I'm just bitchy, mean, and pragmatic though > _ >

Caraliz
03-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Oh, then I'm always sardonic.