PDA

View Full Version : Disc messing up?

captkrill
03-26-2009, 07:56 PM
OK, so I just got to meet Yuffie jacking my freaking materia, I think disc 2? So naturally I follow her to beat her ass and get back my materia. Soon as a enter the village FF VII freezes. Like hardcore right in the middle of a text box going to town.

This is my copy Ive had for years and finally broke it out after a year and began playing it about a month ago here and there. Its been in the case and Ive been able to play it before; Ive beaten this game more than once.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Saber
03-26-2009, 10:13 PM
you can try getting a lens and disk cleaner. So clean your lens and disk and try again. If all fails you may have to get another copy of FF7

Negative
03-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Have you always done this 'yuffie side quest' in disk 2

Levian
03-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Maybe you should wait and do it in disc 3 instead.

captkrill
03-27-2009, 01:02 PM
I have fun with the first disc enough to just scrap the saved games and restart. No biggie. Ill get a disc cleaner too just incase.

Thanks for the input guys.

PS it might even be my PS2, I have one of the big ones since they first came out, it might finally be going out. I call her "Black Betty".

Darkswordofchaos
03-27-2009, 05:45 PM
i had to get a new skinny silver PS2 not long ago cause that happend to my "Black Betty" PS2. (nice name by the way :))

also i had to get a new FF7 copy not long ago. I got my first one for 14$ got borrowed never saw again got another 1 for 14$ it got broke not long ago got my 3rd copy i had to pay 50 fuckin $ for it on ebay i was like WTF mates. but thats the only place i could finde it i gueass people stock piled Brand new Copys of FF7 back in the day in anticipation for this( also it was a regualar one befor they went greatest hits thats like the first year the game was out)