PDA

View Full Version : Could Cloud be related to Auron?

Suvious
03-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Ok, so following the theory that FFVII and FFX are linked, could Cloud be related to Auron in some way? Check Clouds "Finishing Touch", it's the exact same move Auron uses in his final over drive. They both wield nasty looking swords etc. so is it possible there could be a tie?

scrumpleberry
03-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Uhh, it's as likely as any other theory following the VII = X ZOMG train of thought, so sure why not.

Elly
03-28-2009, 04:41 PM
i doubt it, it's prolly just Square giving nods to previous installments as usual, but it has been stated by the creators that VII & X are loosely connected through ShinRa & Shinra, the ShinRa family being decended from Shinra, but i doubt it extends to Cloud & Auron...

Suvious
03-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I guess so, just made me wonder is all ^^

Unstoppable Pig
03-28-2009, 05:34 PM
No, but I have always thought that Cloud is bastard son of President Shinra. He and Rufus look same a bit and I don´t remember when Nibelheim Reactor was built but I´m pretty sure President Shinra was supervising constructions and then one night he met one horny mother Cloud.

Suvious
03-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Cloud Shinra = lolcake

Masamunemaster
03-28-2009, 06:39 PM
cloud=auron
aeris=yuna
red XIII=kimahri
yuffiie=rikku
cait sith=wakka

OMG I FIGURED OUT THE MYSTERY LOL

Suvious
03-28-2009, 09:11 PM
How do you work out Cait as Wakka? Just because they're both fools...

Crimson
03-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Tifa = Lulu

and im sure you can all guess why

OMG IT MAKES SENSE O_o

FFIX Choco Boy
03-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Cait Sith = Wakka, sure, but Reeve = Seymour.

DarkBahamut
03-29-2009, 04:12 AM
Cait Sith = Wakka, sure, but Reeve = Seymour.
Yeah, Reeve isn't evil like Seymour. So Seymour is definantly like cool Reeve.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-29-2009, 04:40 AM
I was looking at the traitorous aspect for self gain.

Jiro
03-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Shinra and ShinRa is in the same boat as the move "Finishing Touch". It's just a nod to previous installments, a way to make the long time fans feel important. There's no connection whatsoever, not even between Shinra and ShinRa.

Elly
03-29-2009, 06:17 AM
according to Nojima there is, they mentioned it in an interview in an Ultimania...

Suvious
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
@ Elly Ya that's why I'm wondering about Cloud->Auron

Elly
03-29-2009, 02:46 PM
considering there is no mention of any offspring of Auron before he dies in any of the FF X media, then it's highly doubtfull, i believe Aurons bloodline died with him, unless of course they make an FF X-3 explaining some long lost, forgotten Child of Auron...

KH-Cloudy
03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
*inserts R=U theory*

Negative
03-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Okay R=U was acceptable cuz it made some sense and is debatable. But this is just extreme(NO OFFENCE!!!!!).

Whats next Ashe = Dagger.

Darkswordofchaos
03-30-2009, 03:28 PM
considering there is no mention of any offspring of Auron before he dies in any of the FF X media, then it's highly doubtfull, i believe Aurons bloodline died with him, unless of course they make an FF X-3 explaining some long lost, forgotten Child of Auron...

evidently you can age even if your dead so maby you can still make the nasty to???

Bahamut2000X
03-30-2009, 03:45 PM
No.

Elly
03-30-2009, 03:55 PM
i don't think he ages either, being dead he can look however he wants with assistance from the Faith, looking like he aged makes him look like he survived his original pilgrimage...

Wolf Kanno
03-30-2009, 06:13 PM
There is one theory that could work but I'm not even going to mention it cause this whole nonsense is pretty silly.

Even when you read the interview with Nojima and Kitase, they make it sound like they came up with this idea on a whim. It makes sense when you think about how different the cosmology in X and VII is. Its similar enough where people got the idea it could work but I feel they are uniquely different enough to make any future attempts at connecting the two games to be disastrous fan fiction territory.

Elly
03-30-2009, 07:43 PM
true it could have been just Nojima messing around, didn't Kitase refuse to even coment on it during the interview?.. but in the end it's really Nojima's story and characters and he does have final say... i do agree that trying to tie the two games together beyond what was mentioned by Nojima could end disasterously though, both are great games, great stories, but i would hate to see them actualy cross-over, that could only end bad...

Depression Moon
03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Even when you read the interview with Nojima and Kitase, they make it sound like they came up with this idea on a whim. It makes sense when you think about how different the cosmology in X and VII is. Its similar enough where people got the idea it could work but I feel they are uniquely different enough to make any future attempts at connecting the two games to be disastrous fan fiction territory.

Exactly if VII and X are the same worlds then why are there maps and races so different? It takes millions of years for the shape of earth to alter and then there are races in X that doesn't exist in VII and vice versa.

blackmage_nuke
03-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Auron dies
Joins the farplane
Becomes part of the lifestream
Lifestream is extracted to make Mako
Mako is injected into Cloud

ITS TOTALLY POSSIBLE!

champagne supernova
03-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I thought Shinra's kids flew in a spaceship and landed on The Planet or something like that. Yeah, definitely not the same world. I think it's a nod to the previous games. Like the reference to Merlose and other Vagrant Story references in XII. I don't think Nojima was being to serious.

Darkswordofchaos
03-30-2009, 11:56 PM
..... and then there are races in X that doesn't exist in VII and vice versa.

What race is in VII besides humans? Besides red xiii but he was a dying species anyways

GrantTrainer
03-31-2009, 01:43 AM
what a ridiculous post lol! relationg in game characters? where the game has nothing to do with 1 another except the name? the name is a franchise!!

no links..so these theoretical stories by cult followers is mythical crap! dont listen to this please! it Hurts!!

Elly
03-31-2009, 03:02 AM
no links because it's all pretty much old news, and i personaly lost all my links when Compilation Network shut down, they were a network of devoted fans that translated the Ultimanias among other compilation materials, very cerebral discussions there... they do have the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania trasnslations back up now though...

Wolf Kanno
03-31-2009, 04:24 AM
Gamefaqs still has its FFVII Ultimania faq that contains the interview from the X-2 Ultimania. I hate to say it, but its all true. Nojima is truly a quack writer.

Here's a link to a site that will kill your dreams children... (http://www.willamette.edu/~ejohnson/findex.htm)

Masamunemaster
03-31-2009, 04:53 AM
OMG NEW ONE

MIDGAR=ZANARKAND=P

and the wakka and cait sith deal was because I found them both useless

Bahamut2000X
03-31-2009, 05:14 AM
Gamefaqs still has its FFVII Ultimania faq that contains the interview from the X-2 Ultimania. I hate to say it, but its all true. Nojima is truly a quack writer.

I've lost all hope for FF now.

Raebus
03-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Ha ha, that really is ridiculous.

Depression Moon
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM

Here's a link to a site that will kill your dreams children... (http://www.willamette.edu/%7Eejohnson/findex.htm)
The link to the interview doesn't even work.

Unstoppable Pig
04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Or could Cloud be related to Quina?

Qu´s are apparently genderless so Cloud is confused about his own identity and thats why he has drag-issues. Also Zidane says he knew spiky-haired dude.Maybe he find out about this and had his memory erased of this horrible revelation and only vaguely remembers Cloud. He also had his memory erased after he realized that Rinoa is Ultimecia.

Elly
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
no, just no... not even funny... comparing anything to a Qu is just wrong...

Wolf Kanno
04-02-2009, 01:09 AM

Here's a link to a site that will kill your dreams children... (http://www.willamette.edu/%7Eejohnson/findex.htm)
The link to the interview doesn't even work.

The link works fine for me. If you can't go to the obnoxious VII=X site then just go to this site: Final Fantasy VII FAQs, Walkthroughs, and Guides for PlayStation - GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197341.html)

and check the faq called FFVII Omega Ultimania or you can just go into the X-2 faqs and check their Ultimania translation.

PerfectCoach
04-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I dont know and I don't care. My one and only idol is Sephiroth and his masamune sword!

Atlas Media
Ideal Home Business Opportunity - Atlas Media Services (http://www.atlasmedia.uk.com/opportunity.html)