PDA

View Full Version : I was electrocuted today.



Huckleberry Quin
03-29-2009, 05:36 PM
By my kettle. It sent a weird and oddly strong vibration right up my arm to my shoulder before I pulled away. I really should have known. My kettle leaked and the tray it's on left it submerged in about a centimetre of water. I heard a strange buzzing, figured "that's probably the electricity", and decided to test this by touching the spoon that was also submerged in the same water. Then I was electrocuted. I laughed.

Anyone here ever been electrocuted? By what? How bad?

Lots of love,
Quin

Momiji
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I got electrocuted when I was plugging something in a year or so ago. I had to stretch behind my TV to plug something in, and I was mindlessly holding the plug by the prongs, searching for the outlet. I finally found it, and then I felt this weird sensation shoot up my arm. I got knocked back and was stunned for a moment, and then it started to hurt. It was not very much fun and I do not wish to try it again.

scrumpleberry
03-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I had my hand on an electric fence once, and I didn't realise until I touched a shetland pony, who freaked out and bolted to the other end of the field xD I don't think it was very strong.

Huckleberry Quin
03-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey, at least we know the electric fence is doing its job.

Aerith's Knight
03-29-2009, 05:55 PM
I've received multiple shocks working on electrical circuits. :shifty:

Not very strong ones though. Although I worked with a couple of 100V, 20A sources once, so it could've been had I not been careful to cop it off at 200 mA. xD

Bunny
03-29-2009, 06:08 PM
I've been shocked a couple times. The worst one left my arm numb for about a minute.

Feels good man

Rantz
03-29-2009, 07:47 PM
The worst shock I had was when I climbed under an electric fence and it touched my back. It hit right at the spine too, which apparently is a very sensitive area for that kind of stuff. It felt like :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

I also "knew" a guy who decided that taking a piss on an electric fence could very well be the best idea he'd had that evening. It was not.

A guy from my old school thought sticking a LED into a wall outlet could be just as good an idea. It took out the electricity in the whole school. I'm not sure if he got a shock from that, but last I heard about him he was an electrician.

Caraliz
03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
electric fences suck!

Meat Puppet
03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
One time I was cleaning a wall in a laundry room and I guess part of me caught an outlet that I didnít know was there. It was a real fucker. I donít know if it helps that I had bare feet that were covered in water but... yikes. It pretty much felt like someone had come behind me and smashed really hard and really fast with a baseball bat or few. I got knocked right off my feet and sat on my back not really knowing what was going on!
I guess Iím kind of lucky, because I caused the power to go out. I was told later that if that hadnít happened, Iíd be dead right now!

rubah
03-29-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought I got shocked by my computer one time, but I think I had just stuck the plug in the fan.

crono_logical
03-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Worst shock I had was when I decided to dismantle a power strip without unplugging it from the wall first :D

Yar
03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
When I was like four I touched the prongs of a plug that wasn't fully plugged in.

I ALMOST DIED I SWEAR

Dignified Pauper
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I've been shocked plenty of times. Touching door knobs. Metal things.. Oh... we're not talking about static shocks?

I've actually been shocked by an electric fence and my computer. I don't mind volts... Amps are what kill ya.

Blue Harvest
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I have a habit of unintentionally touching the prongs whilst plugging things in/unplugging them so i get shocked quite often. I barely even feel it now.