PDA

View Full Version : Problem in game on FF7 help!?

GrantTrainer
03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
ok iv came out of aeris house with barret and tifa after the plate falls. i attempt to go to wall market and the 2 guys that are sitting in the way dont move, even after i talk to them. Here is a screenshot of the part i mean below. anyone any ideas?

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3995/ff7wtf.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ff7wtf.jpg)

TheSpoonyBard
03-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Did you talk to Barret on the second floor of Aerith's house?

GrantTrainer
03-29-2009, 09:21 PM
yes

leader of mortals
03-30-2009, 01:01 AM
The plate has already fallen and you have already been to the playground, and then you go back to Aeris's house correct?

GrantTrainer
03-30-2009, 01:07 AM
omg are u serious, did u not read the post?

Levian
03-30-2009, 01:15 AM
That's very weird. The only things that are required of you in Sector 5 slums after the plate falls are the scenes with Elmyra and Marlene, so if I were you I'd go back to Aeris' house and talk to everyone there. If nothing happens, then you might be a bit smurfed. Maybe you could upload your save game and hope someone will get you through it.

leader of mortals
03-30-2009, 01:28 AM
omg are u serious, did u not read the post?

Hey sometimes people are mistaken and think they've done something they haven't

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Try resting.

GrantTrainer
03-30-2009, 02:16 AM
i couldnt get passed it this is SO strange..i went down to the church and it reverted back to earlier in the game, from when u first fall through the roof onto the flower bed. had to do all that again. and when i got out of there everything i had done after that i had already done again (so i didnt need to do it) so basically i was screwed. i found a save game in wall market just before u climb teh wire. so i took it from there. got to the point where you and sephiroth had to kill the dragon and everytime sephiroth attacked the dragon he fukinggg missed!!! Nightmare!!

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Hmm, I see.

I think the problem is that you're full of cr*p.

*shakes head and leaves*

Elly
03-30-2009, 03:16 AM
Sephy never misses that dragon... perhaps you're playing with a hacked version?.. some hacks can cause some weird side effects...

leader of mortals
03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Actually I think I remember hearing about a hacked version that made it so sephy missed the dragon.

GrantTrainer
03-30-2009, 10:17 PM
yeah and i think your full of Shut the smurfk up you stupid clown shoe! how the smurfk am i full of crap? why the :bou::bou::bou::bou: would i post it if it worked? you absolute goat lover !

and my game isnt hacked i bought it about 9 years ago

GrantTrainer, treat people here with respect or you won't be here at all. ~ Flying Mullet

GrantTrainer
03-31-2009, 12:16 AM
ok WHATEVER mod snipped my post get some logic behind it first.

Hmm, I see.

I think the problem is that you're full of cr*p.

*shakes head and leaves*

that was a reply uptop . Now dont bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: about that being respectful cuz that is god damn ridiculous !

so dont be contradicting

Read the comment the other moderator left you in the above post again, and then read it one more time. ~Levian

GrantTrainer
03-31-2009, 01:52 AM
nahhh maybe you should read it...lemme say again..

Stop contradicting !

Leeza
03-31-2009, 02:18 AM
GrantTrainer: It would do you well to Read the Rules of the this site, treat people with respect and to listen to Mods. Learn when to quit because you are really pushing it here.

I don't know why you are having trouble at this point. This is exactly where I am in the game right now as well and I know I had to go back upstairs in Aeris's house and talk to Barrett a couple of times before I could do much of anything.

espritduo
03-31-2009, 05:59 AM
Well, taking a look at the screenshot tells me alot. You must be using some hacks or mods or patches or something, because that looks like the battle sprite for Cloud that you're walking around the field with, Buster Sword and all. Most likely you hacked/modded/patched the game in some way it didn't like, and glitches like this popped up.

Big D
03-31-2009, 06:49 AM
That's what I'm thinking too. If you mess with the game's code in some way, it stands to reason that there's a good chance of causing all manner of bugs.

Negative
03-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Yep this is defineately a hack....

I dont know whether u made this thread to play with us or whether you didnt know that u were playing a hacked game.

In conclusion...you are for sure not playing a normal version of the game

GrantTrainer
03-31-2009, 12:28 PM
its the normal game jeez!! all thats new is the high resolution characters. its not a hack. a file called char.lgp or something just overwrite the original and your characters look like Advent children

TheSpoonyBard
03-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Your modifications have obviously had an effect elsewhere. It's not at all likely in a normal game that Sephy will miss the Dragon every time as his Masamune has an Atk% of 255 or that the storyline jumps back to previous events and prevents you from continuing.

Elly
03-31-2009, 02:13 PM
and this is why i keep my PC version unmodded and try to stear others away from mods, wait till you get to certain points of the game where those character models really mess things up, i know mods sound like a fun idea but rarely are mods a good idea... there's a reason the developers used the models that they did for the overworld and towns, the code and character skeletons are just not made for those hi-rez models... as with all hacks you have to expect something to go wrong...

leader of mortals
03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
I find it very odd that someone would come on here and ask for help, and then yell at us and say whatever the hell he said to us for trying to help...

espritduo
04-01-2009, 06:16 AM
its the normal game jeez!! all thats new is the high resolution characters. its not a hack. a file called char.lgp or something just overwrite the original and your characters look like Advent children

And that, my friend, is a hack. Anything the modifies the original code of the game to do something it isn't intended to do is a hack. And I'd say something that changes the characters into their Advent Children forms is a pretty serious modification that could very likely mess the game up in all sorts of unexpected ways.

Anniexo
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Don't quote me on it, but char.lgp wouldn't do that, if I'm right, it's a file built it to the game for each character so they will show up. Also you don't see Clouds sword outside of battle apart from a few moments where it fits in with the story, sub-story or mini games. Also (again don't quote me in this) you could have two saved files, one before those two move and another after they've moved, and you think you were playing the one after they've moved, but in fact playing the one before they moved.