PDA

View Full Version : Amusement Parks and Roller Coasters!

Yar
03-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Who likes to go? :D

We went to Carowinds today. And despite 3 big roller coasters being closed (:() we still had a fun time. Carowinds was small because I'm so used to going to Cedar Point all the time. Lines were short because it's still early in the season.

I rode the Hurler over and over and over again and now my neck hurts. That's quite possibly the best name for a roller coaster ever. :laugh:

Hersheypark is magical. I want to go back one day. :greenie:

Miriel
03-29-2009, 11:10 PM
I love Disneyland with all my heart. You haven't seen magical until you've seen the Disneyland Christmas fireworks. Sooo beautiful. <3

Del Murder
03-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Disneyland is the best but I don't really like the fast ones.

Laddy
03-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I love Orlando Studios, Dollywood, and Magic Springs.

Roller coasters are great, but where can I find my Yar? =(

Yar
03-29-2009, 11:56 PM

Roller coasters are great, but where can I find my Yar? =(I'm in North Carolina right now.

Rebellious Eagle
03-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Amusement parks are fun, I guess, but I can't take roller coasters. They make me uncomfortable, seeing as I get carsick on the way over anyway.

Darkswordofchaos
03-30-2009, 12:58 AM
did you get to ride top gun? i think its called afterburn or somthing now carowinds got bought out last year. But i love that place :love:

qwertysaur
03-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Six Flags great adventure please!

Depression Moon
03-30-2009, 01:20 AM
You went to Carowinds today. I have a brother that lives around there. I've only been to Carowinds and Six Flags for theme parks. I would like to go to Disney World someday, before I grow old. I sort of liked that ride at Carowinds, the roller coaster that shakes the whole time, I forgot what it's called, but it looks like it could collapse at any minute.

Marshall Banana
03-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Splash Mountain at Disneyland is the best roller coaster for me! It's not fast and terrifying, and it has water! I love splashes!

The Superman ride at a Six Flags in California was fun for me, too, but the roller coasters there scared me too much. I especially hate Goliath, because it's really scary.

Goliath made me pee a little.

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2009, 01:27 AM
As long as it doesn't flip, I hate that.

Levian
03-30-2009, 01:28 AM
I went to Euro Disney once and it was great and all, but there were too many people. I'm too old to wait 30 minutes in line for every ride. It was nice to walk around in, but I want some action too.

Liseberg in Gothenburg is pretty great, especially when it's cloudy so there ain't too many people around.

The only other amusement parks I've been to are Norwegian and they all suck.

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2009, 01:47 AM
I went to Euro Disney once and it was great and all, but there were too many people. I'm too old to wait 30 minutes in line for every ride. It was nice to walk around in, but I want some action too.

Disney Paris sucks, line wise. >:[

The hotel is pretty good though.

rubah
03-30-2009, 01:57 AM
I reaaaaally liked the Mamba at Worlds of Fun. At Magic Springs, there's a couple of good ones, the Arkansas Twister, the X-Factor, and this other one that I don't remember the name of. The second one was cool because you get strapped in and your feet just dangle, there's no floor beneath :D

Fuzakeru
03-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Roller coasters are too crazy for me. @_@

LunarWeaver
03-30-2009, 02:41 AM
I used to enjoy roller coasters and the like a lot, but I just don't anymore. Waiting in line forever to get a few minutes of the wind pissing in my face lost its appeal.

Laddy
03-30-2009, 02:52 AM

Roller coasters are great, but where can I find my Yar? =(I'm in North Carolina right now.
PEDOPHILE!

No, I mean, in a photo. =( I always imagined you looking absolutely fagtastic! XD

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Roller coasters are fun, except for wooden ones that are shaky and make me think I am about to hit my head on the frame every ten seconds. :D

Bastian
03-30-2009, 04:24 AM
I <3 roller coasters and such rides. There's no such thing as "too scary" for me. Unfortunately I've been to very few. But once I worked at a theme park as a supervisor for three years and it was the responsibility of one of the supervisors to do a test ride of the rollercoaster each morning before the park opened; I made sure to make that MY responsibility. :)

Caraliz
03-30-2009, 04:49 AM
omg six flags is the best!

Yar
03-30-2009, 04:51 AM
did you get to ride top gun? i think its called afterburn or somthing now carowinds got bought out last year. But i love that place :love:Afterburn was closed. :( Along with Thunder Road. And Vortex. And Drop Tower. :crying2: Those were four that I really wanted to ride.

It's okay though. I got a season pass and I'll probably come back down next month or so. :D

PEDOPHILE!

No, I mean, in a photo. =( I always imagined you looking absolutely fagtastic! XDxD

My grandma took some pictures of me, so I'll have to raid her camera. :love: I wore some jeans, a yellow shirt a sweater a sunglasses. I also did my hair. xD I thought I looked fine until I saw my on-ride photo on the Hurler. I looked like a lost Dateline Internet predator. :(

Araciel
03-30-2009, 06:15 AM
I hated Canada's Wonderland when I was twelve, so I assume I hate all amusement parks. Also I've never been on a roller coaster.

Bunny
03-30-2009, 07:17 AM
I love Disneyland with all my heart. You haven't seen magical until you've seen the Disneyland Christmas fireworks. Sooo beautiful. <3

I love Disneyland, specifically Splash Mountain. I could ride that thing all day and be completely happy with it. The last time I was at Disneyland was a Christmas when I was younger, right after my grandfather died. My grandmother couldn't handle the first Christmas without him (he loved the holiday) so we didn't celebrate it. Instead we went to Disneyland. It was fun.

Six Flags is okay.

Marshall Banana
03-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I love Disneyland, specifically Splash Mountain. I could ride that thing all day and be completely happy with it.
:letsgo:

Yar
03-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Roller coasters are fun, except for wooden ones that are shaky and make me think I am about to hit my head on the frame every ten seconds. :DThat's because you're taller than sin. [/tallophobe]

Purcifur
03-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm a fan of Cedar Point. I used to go there every summer but I just haven't found the money to do so the past few years. Right now I'm pretty close to hershey park. And my boyfriend says we're going to go to six flags sometime! I'm pretty excited .:) so far though cedar point is my favourite. then disney parks of all kinds of varieties. then wonderland up near toronto. (that place is pretty tame compared to cedar point. i thnk that's why it took rank 3.)

Darkswordofchaos
03-30-2009, 02:55 PM
did you get to ride top gun? i think its called afterburn or somthing now carowinds got bought out last year. But i love that place :love:Afterburn was closed. :( Along with Thunder Road. And Vortex. And Drop Tower. :crying2: Those were four that I really wanted to ride.

It's okay though. I got a season pass and I'll probably come back down next month or so. :D

You got sheeted man. After burn is by far the best one in my humble opinon. i havent got to ride the new coaster yet. but i had a season pass last year and thunder rd. was cloesd all season i dont know whats up with that :(.

Anywho ive been to disney world in fl and i didnt like it as good as carowinds because not as many Roller coasters and the lines there are outragious even with that fast pass thing. stupid lines :mad:

Shiny
03-31-2009, 12:30 AM
I've had the pleasure of going to various amusement parks across the U.S. and hopefully soon across the world. I'm a coaster rider. I only go for the coasters not those lame kiddy rides.

Leen-Leen
03-31-2009, 10:35 AM
kingda ka at six flags and/or top thrill dragster at cedar point, anyone?

i'm not actually a huge roller coaster fan, the rides that have like ... some sort of theme are more fun. xD like TOWER OF TERROR AT DISNEYLAND! :kaoclove:

Peegee
03-31-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty well traveled but I can only claim to have gone on these 'amusement parks'

Disney World Florida
Universal Studios Florida
Canada's Wonderland
Ocean Park, Hong Kong

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

qwertysaur
03-31-2009, 04:15 PM
kingda ka at six flags and/or top thrill dragster at cedar point, anyone?

i'm not actually a huge roller coaster fan, the rides that have like ... some sort of theme are more fun. xD like TOWER OF TERROR AT DISNEYLAND! :kaoclove:
kingda Ka was fun :3
It's named after a tiger :cactuar:

Moon Rabbits
03-31-2009, 04:41 PM
The only amusement park I've ever been to is Canada's Wonderland, but man I love going to that place.

Rollercoasters are one of my favorite things in the worrrrrld. Anything inverted or stand-up or with water is totally awesome. Actually, anything that makes me feel vertigo is awesome.

Darkswordofchaos
03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Ive always wanted to go to one of the sixflags but i havent got a chance yet they have great coasters

DarkBahamut
04-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Madusa in Animal Kingdom (originally Marine World), Six Flags, CA is gool.

And Magic Mountain, Six Flags is awesome.

blackmage_nuke
04-02-2009, 12:31 AM
There are few amusement parks here and even fewer with roller coasters :(