PDA

View Full Version : BOUT F-IN TIME

Darkswordofchaos
03-31-2009, 12:04 AM
I finaly got me a PS3 today i didnt think it would ever happen yay :)

But i got Killzone 2 and Bioshock with it KZ2 is pretty sweet havent got to BS yet but it was supposed to be great to.

anywho WTF is the Ps3 compatible with PSone games but not PS2 games? dont make any sence:mad:

Yar
03-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Our PS3 is PS2 compatible but I'm so unfamiliar with the PS3 that I can't tell you why.

Shoeberto
03-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Sony eventually cut out the backwards compatibility with the PS2 in order to cut costs. Originally, they were losing a couple hundred bucks per console sold, so something had to go under the axe.

Slothy
03-31-2009, 01:59 AM
Indeed, though it never made a lot of sense to me to stop putting the PS2 chipset in. It cost them something like $20 per console, but I guess every little bit helps, even if it hasn't been the biggest cost saver (they've gone from costing about $800 per console to almost breaking even now though).

Enjoy the PS3. Be sure to go back and catch up on some classics like Uncharted, MGS4, Resistance, Little Big Planet and more. And if you happen to be a strategy RPG fan then go get Valkyria Chronicles now (I don't care if it's night and you have to break into a store to do it :D).

Darkswordofchaos
03-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Indeed, though it never made a lot of sense to me to stop putting the PS2 chipset in. It cost them something like $20 per console, but I guess every little bit helps, even if it hasn't been the biggest cost saver (they've gone from costing about $800 per console to almost breaking even now though).

Enjoy the PS3. Be sure to go back and catch up on some classics like Uncharted, MGS4, Resistance, Little Big Planet and more. And if you happen to be a strategy RPG fan then go get Valkyria Chronicles now (I don't care if it's night and you have to break into a store to do it :D).

I plan on getting MGS4 and RFoM. but i went and got valkria chronicals last night at like 11 at wal mart im going to play it today it must be good if its worth breaking in and getting. :D

Slothy
03-31-2009, 09:20 PM
The general consensus among myself and everyone else I know of who's played VC is that it's pretty much the best undiscovered gem on the system, and certainly one of the coolest strategy RPG's I've played. Way too many people will miss out on it if you ask me, just because it seems to have fallen through the cracks despite having a demo released on the PSN months ago.

Rocket Edge
04-01-2009, 01:58 AM
If your a FPS fan I suggest you get Call of Duty: World at War. I have been so addicted to it for the past 4 months its unbelievable. The rest of the games mentioned seem pretty solid.

Enjoy your PS3. :)

Markus. D
04-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Get that last copy of Disgaea 3 from your nearest gaming outlet!

DO IT FOR CIM!

Crimson
04-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Getting mine on friday, gonna buy the following :P

Bladestorm
Dynasty Warriors 6
Devil May Cry 4
Resistance (we'll see)
MAYBE Disgaea 3

Dreddz
04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
The general consensus among myself and everyone else I know of who's played VC is that it's pretty much the best undiscovered gem on the system, and certainly one of the coolest strategy RPG's I've played. Way too many people will miss out on it if you ask me, just because it seems to have fallen through the cracks despite having a demo released on the PSN months ago.

Agreed. I really think Sega shot themselves in the foot with the demo they released for the game though. They had to show a very ho-hum skirmish battle which is nothing like the rest of the game. Almost skipped on the game entirely based on that demo.

Depression Moon
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Congrats I know how it feels. I hope you got yours from Best Buy because Killzone 2 was free with it if you bought it from them. I personally got Little Big Planet as my free game choice. I thought the pS3 80g couldn't play PS1 games either, now that's a little stress off from me.

LBP can last months or even years because of its level creation and sharing.

Araciel
04-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I still need a good big TV before I bother.. :(

Depression Moon
04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
You don't need an HDTV I have a standard although if it's too small your eyes will burn from trying to read the letters on the screen.

Araciel
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Well I know I don't need one... but I want one.

Slothy
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM
If your a FPS fan I suggest you get Call of Duty: World at War. I have been so addicted to it for the past 4 months its unbelievable. The rest of the games mentioned seem pretty solid.

I'd recommend COD4 instead personally. Infinity Ward make a much better FPS in my opinion and COD4, though it doesn't do anything innovative, is one of the best made FPS games I've played.

Darkswordofchaos
04-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Congrats I know how it feels. I hope you got yours from Best Buy because Killzone 2 was free with it if you bought it from them. I personally got Little Big Planet as my free game choice. I thought the pS3 80g couldn't play PS1 games either, now that's a little stress off from me.

LBP can last months or even years because of its level creation and sharing.
WHAT. i didnt know that damn to late now.

You don't need an HDTV I have a standard although if it's too small your eyes will burn from trying to read the letters on the screen.
i have a regular tv and it looks fine to me but i can barley read some games if my tv was any smaller that would be a problem for sure.

I'd recommend COD4 instead personally. Infinity Ward make a much better FPS in my opinion and COD4, though it doesn't do anything innovative, is one of the best made FPS games I've played.
I have a friend who has both i might get one but i think i like KZ2 better.

Rocket Edge
04-02-2009, 05:50 PM

Isn't it made from the same engine? Anyways, either one is solid.

escobert
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I still need a good big TV before I bother.. :(

me too :(

Slothy
04-02-2009, 11:31 PM

Isn't it made from the same engine? Anyways, either one is solid.

There's more to making a game than designing the game engine. I realize it's all subjective, but COD4 is a better designed game (gameplay and level design wise) and better paced if you ask me. I still haven't gotten sick of multiplayer, and I've probably beaten the single player a half dozen times. Hell, it's such a great game that I bought it once on the PS3, then bought it again when I finished building my PC in the summer.

Can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 later this year.