PDA

View Full Version : Echoes of Time Friend Codes

ljkkjlcm9
04-01-2009, 04:11 AM
I figure this would be a preliminary thread for anyone that gets this game to trade friend codes or just talk about the game. I picked it up today and haven't really started.

It plays almost identical to Ring of Fates though, so keep that in mind if you want to pick it up. I highly suggest the DS version over the Wii version.

My main character will be a male selkie though I will probably make one of each character at some point.
When I get my friend code I will be sure to post it here!

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, how is the Wii version different from the DS version in terms of gameplay and such? And why is the DS version better?

ljkkjlcm9
04-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Just out of curiosity, how is the Wii version different from the DS version in terms of gameplay and such? And why is the DS version better?

the only thing special about the Wii version is that it has Wii masks that can be transferred to the DS version. The Wii version has two screens that are identical to the DS screens. Rather than using the stylus, you would use the wiimote. Most complaints are that these screens are too small. Secondly, if the Wii plays multiplayer, it must be the host and cannot link to other Wii's only DS's. A DS can be a host or a guest.

Pretty much, there's no real advantage to the Wii version. And it's actually been reviewed pretty negatively because of the dual small screens, that some people can't read unless you have a big tv.

Get the DS version if you have a choice. I've gotten it and been playing it. If you liked Ring of Fates, you'll love this one more. It expands on that one and improves the gameplay.

THE JACKEL

Bastian
04-02-2009, 05:42 AM
I bought this the day before yesterday and have gotten pretty far. (Desert Ruins) . . .

I love it!

How do I do online multiplayer? What's a Friend code? how do I make one, etc?

ljkkjlcm9
04-02-2009, 05:44 AM
I bought this the day before yesterday and have gotten pretty far. (Desert Ruins) . . .

I love it!

How do I do online multiplayer? What's a Friend code? how do I make one, etc?
you need to have access to wifi. In game when you go to a save crystal it will have the option to save and play online. Choose that option and through there you can find your friend code and register others. You can also play with random people from around the world or a local region.

THE JACKEL

Bastian
04-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh. Every time I try to access the Nintendo WiFi it says it can't for some reason. Even though my laptop has no problem.