PDA

View Full Version : i need a game

Craig
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
hi guys. i need a new game to play. i need something i can really sink my teeth into. something that will stay interesting and new for weeks/months. something with a lot of story gameplay, but way way more optional game play (side quests and things like that). it could be an rpg (preferably, or adventure maybe), or anything else as long as there is loads of stuff to unlock/collect/achieve im happy

ive already got oblivion and fallout 3 so theyre out, plus i admittedly found them a bit boring. also preferably on xbox 360, but i do have a wii and ds. i really like the idea of certain things, such as suikoden where you own your own castle and have to recruit lots of people.. or i had a a blast doing the whole jiminy journal in kingdom hearts 2.. another thing i like the idea of is the monster hunter games, but ive never played them so i dunno what theyre like and i dont have the consoles for it

sorry if im not making any sense, but any ideas?

EDIT: ohh mmorpgs also may be good, but i tend to get bored of them quickly cos theyre so repetitive so i cant see any of those working, but try me anyway. i do have WoW but i cant be bothered with that anymore cos it bores the hell out of me

Vermachtnis
04-01-2009, 09:58 PM
If you still have a PS2 (You mentioned Kingdom Hearts 2), I'd suggest .Hack//G.U. I've been playing it for the past two weeks and there's a lot to do. The Book of 1000 is like Jiminy's Journal on steroids. The battle system can get a little stale, but that's to be expected in a game that's over 100 hours long. But there's motorcycle races, avatar battles, and other stuff to keep you entertained.

Wolf Kanno
04-02-2009, 12:59 AM
I will start with my obligatory promotion of Persona 3, its expansion FES, and its sequel Persona 4. Side quests, engaging story, great soundtracks and a good mix of humor, horror, passion, and good times all around.

For the systems mentioned, I would recommend, The World Ends with You and Final Fantasy TA2. They are both fun as hell, engaging and offer hours of playtime.

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2009, 01:28 AM
I second Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, and TWEWY! I'm stuck on what I think is the final boss of P4 and it is absolutely amazing. My brother got sucked into the plot when he was in the room while I was playing, even xD

On a side note, when I said the wrong thing during the you-know-what part and the game immediately ended, I was all like, "Hang on...this is all kinda...end of the game-ish...There's no way I...OH MY GOD ARE THOSE THE CREDITS WHAT IS THIS?!" and then I found out that I just needed to say the right things xD

Rocket Edge
04-02-2009, 01:55 AM
360: Call of Duty: World at War - The most addictive FPS you will ever play. Truely excellent online play & great story mode will keep you busy for months on end.

Wii: Super Smash Brothers Melee - I'm sure you know of this. But anyways its mega fun.

Uhh.. my minds gone blank. I'll think of a couple more maybe later.

Jiro
04-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Persona.

Craig
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
yep, do have a ps2, shouldve said just dont really use it anymore.

hack gu sounds interesting. how similar is it to that other hack series? you know the 4 part one that starts with infection. cos i bought infection and hated it.

ill definately try out persona 4

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2009, 04:41 PM
You won't regret it :kaohappy:

captkrill
04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
For the 360 - Assassin's Creed, DMC4, Lego Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Batman (LOTS of achievements), FableII, Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden II

Most have real deep story lines, Fable and Oblivion can be played a helluva lot of different ways to keep you entertained. But if I HAD to choose just one, I would go with Fable II.

Vermachtnis
04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
yep, do have a ps2, shouldve said just dont really use it anymore.

hack gu sounds interesting. how similar is it to that other hack series? you know the 4 part one that starts with infection. cos i bought infection and hated it.

ill definately try out persona 4

G.U. is a vast improvement over of the first four. You have to go through a couple of tutorials, but then it starts to pick up. You don't have to open the menu everytime you want to use a skill either and best of all, you don't have to spend hours upon hours hunting down letters to area hack. I can't remember if they had Area Hacking in Infection or not, but I hated that in the first games.

And on a side note, Persona 4 is awesome.

escobert
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Oblivion can keep you entertained forever :P