PDA

View Full Version : Bosses with six trillion HP!

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2009, 12:41 AM
I am fighting one now, and when I got it's health down to about 25% it takes my entire party to 0HP from full health D:

It took me FOREVER AND EVER to get it down that much. ;_;

Discuss bosses with six trillion HP!

Fonzie
04-03-2009, 12:54 AM
thanks for the link and name!

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2009, 01:07 AM
Well this could quite possibly be the final boss and if somebody spoils the story for me before I can beat it for the first time then I will be mad :mad2:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-03-2009, 01:34 AM
lol.....well...

id rather have a game too hard than too easy

Iceglow
04-03-2009, 01:43 AM
You should try some of the RE5 bosses, me and psy get to have huge analytical discussions during these bosses as we rinse and repeat some of them. Also in every game there is a way to avoid instant death attacks unless the attack is meant to happen (eg, unwinnable story battles)

trancekuja
04-03-2009, 01:55 AM
They are quite OK if they are challenging. But if the massive amount of HP is the only spark they have , than it gets pretty dull and boring.

Fonzie
04-03-2009, 02:37 AM
You should try some of the RE5 bosses, me and psy get to have huge analytical discussions during these bosses as we rinse and repeat some of them. Also in every game there is a way to avoid instant death attacks unless the attack is meant to happen (eg, unwinnable story battles)

pfff

resident evil 5 bosses are easy as shiz man

Bahamut2000X
04-03-2009, 03:17 AM
Reminds me of FFXI back when it went live in North America, they had an event boss in the fields with HP in the billions. They eventually toned it down a bit, but it still took us hours with several dozen people pounding on it. I only fought for about 6 hours, which was about 6 hours into the fight. So about 12 hours to bring one down.

Fun stuff though.

NeoTifa
04-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Freaking Adel took me forever. She would just never die! I still have yet to beat 8

Markus. D
04-03-2009, 03:32 AM
When games give you HP, you find a new damage.

leader of mortals
04-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Are you talking about Golden Sun, because the HP of those bosses were just ridiculous. Seriously the dragon at the end of the lost ages or whatever it's called(I actually didn't play the first...) takes like 45 minutes, and if your batteries are a little low, you're smurfed...

Oh, and if you forget to shield yourself with the djinns for just ONE FRICKEN TURN YOU DIE!!!

Karellen
04-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Giving a boss a ridiculous amount of HP is the absolutely worst way of adding difficulty to a game and generally shows a lack of ingenuity on the part of the developer. Not surprisingly, it comes up a lot in JRPGs.

Jiro
04-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Don't you just love it when they have the ability to full-heal too?

Pete for President
04-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Giving a boss a ridiculous amount of HP is the absolutely worst way of adding difficulty to a game and generally shows a lack of ingenuity on the part of the developer. Not surprisingly, it comes up a lot in JRPGs.

I think the palings from xii were worse.

Zeromus_X
04-03-2009, 11:45 AM
What game are you playing, Jeswee?

qwertysaur
04-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Are you talking about Golden Sun, because the HP of those bosses were just ridiculous. Seriously the dragon at the end of the lost ages or whatever it's called(I actually didn't play the first...) takes like 45 minutes, and if your batteries are a little low, you're smurfed...

Oh, and if you forget to shield yourself with the djinns for just ONE FRICKEN TURN YOU DIE!!!
The doom dragon was easy. :p
Of course, if you transfer your data from the first Golden Sun then you get more Djinni if you got them all in that game.

I always found Star magician to be the hardest, because he always like to have his balls blow up in my face and kill me :(

Edit: also, how do you die if you mess up one turn? if your party is all wiped out, the reserve party comes to the front.

LunarWeaver
04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Sometimes bosses can drag on a bit. The final boss of Persona 3 was too long for me, though I was fairly underpowered by that point. The only thing that kept me from being bored was the epic music playing.

And I'm always scared to go all out on a boss at first too, making it even longer. It's all the rage to give the boss a dozen transformations and all. Sometimes it doesn't happen and I end up smacking myself for withholding.

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2009, 06:23 PM
I finally beat it, it was that disco eyeball thing in Persona 4. I didn't get the True Ending, though, apparently that shouldn't have been the last boss. Hopefully I won't have to go through the whole game in order to get it. Sadly I've already been spoiled about a few things :(

AND HOLY GOD JESUS NYX AVATAR TOOK ME LIKE TWO HOURS AT LEAST D:

Tavrobel
04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
In such a world, we call that "integer overflow."

In other worlds, we tell the game developers just to lower HP and improve the robustness of the AI.

Iceglow
04-03-2009, 11:24 PM

pfff

Did I say they were hard Fonz, no I said they had too much hp because they'd take forever, with some of the end bosses the repetitive button mashing fests needed to sort out the bosses Jill for example, tearing that thing from her chest is absoloutely smurfing ridiculously long but easily done we end up having conversations about the bosses, generally with me and psy in the spoilered out fight end up talking about how the "struggles" look more like sexual assault actions.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2009, 02:02 AM
I finally beat it, it was that disco eyeball thing in Persona 4. I didn't get the True Ending, though, apparently that shouldn't have been the last boss. Hopefully I won't have to go through the whole game in order to get it. Sadly I've already been spoiled about a few things :(

AND HOLY GOD JESUS NYX AVATAR TOOK ME LIKE TWO HOURS AT LEAST D:

Don't be so quick to go home. You still have unfinished business.

I think Nyx took like an hour...longest final boss ever.

Tavrobel
04-04-2009, 02:15 AM

No.

Sophie Peithos, Xenosaga (< party level 40). And let's not even talk about Albedo and his mech.

LunarWeaver
04-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Jill for example, tearing that thing from her chest is absoloutely smurfing ridiculously long but easily done

Oh man, definitely. That is so unnecessarily long.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2009, 04:10 AM

No.

Sophie Peithos, Xenosaga (< party level 40). And let's not even talk about Albedo and his mech.

Still need to play that game. =( All three are just sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played.

Tavrobel
04-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Still need to play that game. =( All three are just sitting on my shelf, waiting to be played.

It is a delightfully wonderful, sadistic experience. Save points are your friend, that and reading the tutorials very carefully.

Wolf Kanno
04-04-2009, 04:38 AM
Sophie Pathos isn't too bad, especially if you bothered to finish the Robot Professor side quest ;)

Personally, I felt the Space Pope in Episode II was longer but that whole battle system dragged out every encounter unnecessarily. Episode III also had that long ass battle with Margulis in his E.S. Still, it was a damn fine series.

As for Nyx Avatar, it is pretty long, especially when the boss decided to Charm Yukari and have her cast her best healing spell and restore all her health. Course, that is when Messiah is useful cause if the boss decides to be cheap, so should you. :cool:

The final boss battle in Legend of Dragoon was also terribly long and got pretty boring. Especially since the game hands your main character Godhood right before it. :roll2

I still haven't beat Yiazmat and have not even bothered to try out Omega mk. XII in FFXII. I simply gave up out of sheer boredom cause it was five hours of the same bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:. He's not incredibly difficult but he is boring to fight with or without Gambits.

Fonzie
04-04-2009, 05:40 AM

pfff

Did I say they were hard Fonz, no I said they had too much hp because they'd take forever, with some of the end bosses the repetitive button mashing fests needed to sort out the bosses Jill for example, tearing that thing from her chest is absoloutely smurfing ridiculously long but easily done we end up having conversations about the bosses, generally with me and psy in the spoilered out fight end up talking about how the "struggles" look more like sexual assault actions.

I was thinking they were insinuating the fight to be more complicated, so in way, you wouldn't really focus on how repetitive is gets.

But, since you can just contain her in one area, it becomes quite redundant.

Jessweeee♪
04-04-2009, 10:50 PM
I beat the game for real reals now :(

The first time around I just went home 'cause I couldn't find Yukiko. Why didn't I try the bus?

DarkBahamut
04-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Freaking Adel took me forever. She would just never die! I still have yet to beat 8
Seriously, I'm sorry but, Adel is very easy. Just don't use limit breaks, even though some are safe. Adel is under 100,000 which isn't that much. Just have one person healing Rinoa and the other two attacking adel with normal physical attacks or single-enemy-hitting magics. She'll be done easily.

I have never tried, but I've seen a Yiazmat from FFXII and it takes for ever! It has 50,000,000 HP! I don't think it is hard if you have the right equipment, gambits, and just keep fighting normally, but it takes like 70 minutes just getting rid of the first 5 mil' HP!