PDA

View Full Version : NFL offseason

escobert
04-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow, the Bears got Jay Cutler from Denver yesterday. All I can say is wow. I just can't believe it. Being a long time bears fan I wasn't expecting this at all. I had hoped they'd go after him but knowing the franchise I couldn't see them seriously doing it.

This has been a pretty fun off season with all the free agents going everywhere and everything.
So from this standpoint who do you see as contenders? who do you see flopping?
What impact has the Denver Chicago trade made on the draft?
Who are the Lions going to take with the number one pick?

Bunny
04-03-2009, 07:23 PM
What impact has the Denver Chicago trade made on the draft?

Denver made a huge mistake throughout the entire off season with the coaching change and now the Cutler trade. They won't win more than five games this season and even that is a stretch. I'm glad they went through with the trade though, I didn't really care who Cutler went to. I was tired of hearing all the childish bitching from both sides. Lions are going to pick Jason Smith from Baylor if they have any brains.

Aside from the Cutler-Broncos drama, I didn't really pay all that much attention in the off season.

Personally, I think, and would like to see, the Patriots play a bigger role this season. They have the manpower to do so and it was kind of disappointing to not see them in the post season last year. Lions will probably do decent this year, but even a win would be a step up from last. I'm guessing 5-6 wins.

Ouch!
04-03-2009, 08:10 PM
What impact has the Denver Chicago trade made on the draft?Personally, I think, and would like to see, the Patriots play a bigger role this season. They have the manpower to do so and it was kind of disappointing to not see them in the post season last year.

Don't hate, Bunny. As a Miami Dolphins fan, clinching the division and simultaneously shutting out both the Jets and the Patriots was perhaps the best day of my entire life.

Del Murder
04-03-2009, 09:19 PM
New England and Pittsburgh trade off every other year as to who is the ridiculously overpowered team. So it will be NE's turn this year.

The Broncos' moves are stupid. Which is fine by me since I'm a Raider fan. I really expected Oakland to go after Owens but I'm glad they didn't get him. Oakland won't be good again until Al Davis retires or dies. If they get good before that it will be because they got lucky. I think they have talent but really no stability whatsoever.

Kirobaito
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
What impact has the Denver Chicago trade made on the draft?Lions are going to pick Jason Smith from Baylor if they have any brains.
I've spent the last four years making fun of Jason Smith incessantly (because he was so much bigger than any of our other offensive linemen and so stuck out like a sore thumb). I had no idea until this season that he was as good as he is. Bitchin' publicity that he might go first overall for a program that needs publicity. Wait three years until RG3 goes first overall again :p. Sic 'em Bears!

I thought Denver got a good deal for Cutler after they knew they had to trade him, though obviously they shouldn't have done anything to begin with.