PDA

View Full Version : So...I gotz a PS3

Crimson
04-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Yup yup, since it's my birthday today (Shameless cry for attention) I finally got myself a shiny new PS3, now comes the annoying part, deciding on what games to get.

Here's my currently probables,

Bladestorm
Dynasty Warriors 6
Final Fantasy XIII (Definate, but since it's not out yet, an obselete choice)
Devil May Cry 4
Disgaea 3

Im mainly looking towards RPG/Action games, so I ask the great and unholy community of EoFF, any ideas?

Fonzie
04-03-2009, 09:56 PM
You forgot Bioshock, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid, and others I forgot.

Dreddz
04-03-2009, 10:15 PM
RPG? Valkyria Chronicles.

Action? Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

For all that is good in the world, stop supporting Dynasty Warriors.

Crimson
04-03-2009, 11:00 PM
KOEI's warrior series (DW/SW/WO) has always been a favourite, I dont care what anyone thinks about it's repetitive combat system.

Bioshock I havent had the chance to play, heard it's good though, MGS4 is a no no, im not a MGS fan, sorry. :(

Rocket Edge
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I know I keep harping on about this, but get Call of Duty: World at War. I'm not even in to FPS much, but it is awesome.

Darkswordofchaos
04-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I just got one last week and some of the games iv liked so far are
Killzone 2. Its the best FPS ive ever played so if you like fps get it
bioshock was awsome
valkria chronicals

Bolivar
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Definitely Valkyria Chronicles, especially for an RPG/Strategy RPG fan, I couldn't recommend it more. I knew the battle system and story were solid to begin with, but this game keeps surprising me time and time again with just how damn good it is. I'm about 3/4 done with everything including side missions and it's absolutely one of my favorite games from last year. Many have cited it as giving the SRPG genre a new form in the next-gen and I agree.

Heavenly Sword is a great PS3-exclusive from 2007 (you could find it for a reasonable price) in the action genre. It'd be a good starter for you to see what the system can do. The battlefields are epic, the production value in the cinematics/voice acting is tremendous. There's a decent mix of strategy, encounters, and interesting attempts at using the ps3 hardware in certain mini-events to keep you interested. I'd recommend looking up gameplay to see if it's for you.

If First-Person Shooters are apart of what you consider action, that I can't recommend more Killzone 2. If you're into these games, and you own a PS3, you simply have to get it. Every other FPS on the 360/PS3/PC has been the same as older generations of shooters, just with better graphics, improved physics, and better AI. This is the first truly next-gen shooter to me, and it's only on PS3. The visuals are unbelievable, and the feel of the game, from the sound and feel of the guns, to how their sound changes depending on what kind of area you're in (stone building echoes are different from steel warehouse echoes, and open field as well). The multiplayer is astonishing to see all of this being rendered at the same time on your TV as you're playing. Definitely check it out.

Depression Moon
04-13-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't see what's the point of having a PS3 with no plans to purchase MGS4.

Darkswordofchaos
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
UPDATE!!! Also get Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

One of the best most expansive RPGs i've ever played.

Mo-Nercy
05-01-2009, 04:00 PM
SOUL CALIBUR 4.

Also, good on ya for sticking with Dynasty Warriors. I'm with you. I've just picked up DW: Strikeforce for the PSP. Yes, it's a complete change in how DW plays. Less hack-n-slash, bigger boss fights, RPG-like item/weapon/equipment use, which is great, but after playing for about 2 hours, I just had to stop. It's just an assault on the senses. It's so hard and frustrating. I realised shortly afterwards that the boring-fun of the console DWs appeals just as much to me.

I highly recommend Strikeforce though. Super Saiyan China FTW.

Oh yeah, KILLZONE 2.

Vermachtnis
05-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Happy Birthday! Last month! You should get every game! And I got a fool proof plan. Distract the cashier with money! I do it all the time. I walk in and grab a game and throw $30-$50 at the guy and walk out. Works like a charm every time!

Zeromus_X
05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Eternal Sonata.