PDA

View Full Version : I'll bike to your house :D

Jojee
04-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Hi you better still remember me. >:3 Anyway, I decided this summer is going to be an <i>epic</i> fun summer! ^_^ I'm gonna take biking roadtrips and visit lots of internet peeps. The problem is that I still do have a parttime (unpaid, sigh~) internship to attend to, but I should have 4-5 days a week off at times. Or else I'd totally just take the whole summer and bike across the country and visit everyone. <3

As it is, the easiest places for me to get to would be well, anywhere else in Illinois, and also Indiana is pretty close~ ^_^ I also decided that when I have some extra time, I'm gonna bike to Ontario to visit my homebish krissy. :mog:

So...

Does anyone live in Illinois or Indiana and want me to pay them a visit? :</>D You'd have to hook me up with a place to stay for the night, of coz.

Also, does anyone live between Champaign and Waterloo (it's by Toronto~) and want to hook me up with a place to stay for the night while I'm passing through? ;] I'd rather not be sleeping in hotels on my bike trips because that'd add up and be too expensive. And if anyone lives by Waterloo/Toronto and wanna hook up with me and krissy when I get there, give a holla too n_n

This is all really tentative but I'm pumped for it. I'm gonna practice my biking skills tomorrow by biking to a different town. It's <i>finally</i> warm enough so that I can bike~ :</>D Anyway, tomorrow's destination is 35 miles away and then 35 miles back and I plan on spending the whole day at it, so I'll be able to get a gauge on how fast and far I can bike in a day before I can make more definite plans!

Have you ever taken a bike road trip? Discuss~ :kaolove:

Fonzie
04-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Make your way to Lawrence's house, he'll take mighty good care of ya'.

Yar
04-04-2009, 05:42 AM
I live in Ohio, but it's the Indiana side of Ohio. xD

I'd like to try a bike trip. Maybe not cross-country, but maybe a few hundred miles and back. :)

Jojee
04-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Yeaaa I don't actually know where the kid lives though. ...Plus then it'd be kinda awkward, cos' it'd be like, "Hi Sagey's mom, I'm the 22 year old girl who's visiting your 15 year old son ^__^ Mind if I stay the night?"

Haha and Yars, I do wanna visit you Ohio peeps. The problem is that none of you seem to have cars. I have no problem planning a bike trip to Ohio, but I wouldn't be able to get home in time because it's pretty far. xD It'd work if I could bike to Ohio, visit you guys, and then someone drives me home. I have my own place for the summer, no roomies, so the person could stay and chill too for as long as they want. :P

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-04-2009, 05:50 AM
The only time in the foreseeable future that I will be in Ontario is late May. I might be going to Toronto (detour to Anime North for a day or so and visit relatives outside of the city) then visiting my friend in Waterloo. It all depends on my finances at the time. :/

Jojee
04-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Well the tentative plans there = me biking up to Canadia, and then krissy driving us back to my place in Champaign and staying for a while. :] I won't be in Canadia too long even if I make the bike trip there, because I'd have that internship. That visit is really tentative because I'm not sure if I can bike 5-600 miles in just 4-5 days time.

I'll be able to figure it out better once I see how long 70 miles takes me tomorrow.

Yar
04-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Are you going to bike over the Ambassador Bridge? :O

Jojee
04-04-2009, 06:09 AM
I don't think so o_o
What's your MSN again and are you on? I don't think you are >:3

LunarWeaver
04-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Wow, that's adventurous ;O I hope you have lots of fun, Jojee <3 I could never do anything like that. Mostly because bikes make you sweaty and I don't sweat. Also cars hurt the environment, so they're better.

rubah
04-04-2009, 07:17 AM
The Lure of the Open Road - 1944 - mjgradziel.com (http://www.mjgradziel.com/thelmajones/lureoftheopenroad.html)

theundeadhero
04-04-2009, 07:25 AM
I can meet you anywhere in Illinois sometime late June/early July. We should make other people come too.

Rantz
04-04-2009, 07:44 AM
If you bike to Sweden I'll buy you three drinks of your choice for the effort. ;)

Værn
04-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Yeaaa I don't actually know where the kid lives though. ...Plus then it'd be kinda awkward, cos' it'd be like, "Hi Sagey's mom, I'm the 22 year old girl who's visiting your 15 year old son ^__^ Mind if I stay the night?"

Haha and Yars, I do wanna visit you Ohio peeps. The problem is that none of you seem to have cars. I have no problem planning a bike trip to Ohio, but I wouldn't be able to get home in time because it's pretty far. xD It'd work if I could bike to Ohio, visit you guys, and then someone drives me home. I have my own place for the summer, no roomies, so the person could stay and chill too for as long as they want. :P
I also live in Ohio, don't have my license and am therefore unable to drive you back home, and want you to visit :)

Though I do have my permit. Technically, if you have a license, I think I could legally drive with you if I "borrowed" my mom's car... but I'm not sure if you'd want to do that, since I've never actually driven before and we'd probably die in a fiery crash :D

Blue Harvest
04-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi you better still remember me

Nope, sorry. Who are you again?

Psychotic
04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I'll let you crash at mine for a couple of nights. Hope you like stewed rabbit!

Aerith's Knight
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
You might have to swim across some water to get to me. :p But you can crash as long as you like.

Meat Puppet
04-04-2009, 08:00 PM
You can come and see me but I don’t really want to meet you so there’s that possibility ruled out.

Iceglow
04-04-2009, 08:33 PM

If you make it to his place Jojee I might even bike it up to there to see ya!

Peegee
04-05-2009, 03:19 AM
My friend did a trans-Canada bike trip after his graduation. If you can do something like that you're far more impressive than I'd ever care to try to be.

I don't suppose you could make it to Barrie? I can drive you to the border if you want (actually how would I carry your bike? Must think). Huh you live by yourself. And you have internet I presume?

I'd trade a drive to Campagin (Futurama joke) for a few days of hospitality. I wouldn't even hit on you!

Caraliz
04-05-2009, 04:18 AM
You might be able to stay with me, Joy, but idk. I'd have to go over the details with my parents.

Værn
04-05-2009, 05:12 AM
I thought the entire point of needing a ride back was to attend to her internship. Other than that, I'd have no problem letting her stay here for a while before biking back.
Maybe I should start biking places... but I'm horrible at navigation, and lack a decent bike that I could ride for hundreds of miles at a time. The only bike here has a flat tire and a rusty chain... oh, and only one pedal.

Cuchulainn
04-05-2009, 05:00 PM
If you plan biking to mine, bring a fucking snorkel.

~*~Celes~*~
04-05-2009, 06:52 PM

I also live in Ohio, don't have my license and am therefore unable to drive you back home, and want you to visit :)

Though I do have my permit. Technically, if you have a license, I think I could legally drive with you if I "borrowed" my mom's car... but I'm not sure if you'd want to do that, since I've never actually driven before and we'd probably die in a fiery crash :D I haven't driven in quite some time, and I'm a horrible driver, so it wouldn't work out too well :(

Jojee
04-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Oooh I forgot I made this thread. xD

I did bike for 70 miles on Saturday, but it took me about 8 hours, and was very very tiring. This biking shpeal is going to take longer than I thought, or I need to get stronger, or both. xD I'm gonna do another 70 miles this coming up Saturday though. Hopefully my sunburn will be gone and my butt will stop being sore and the blisters on my feet from this week will go away by then. ;)

Biking to England/Sweden/Netherlands/etc is definitely on my list of things to do this summer ;) Very high on the list, ok?

And wow, that's four people I know that live in Ohio. Matt (Bahamut), Kari, Yars, and Vaern. My Neskaya peeps <3 I'll definitely try to make it to Ohio.

Matttttt (hero), yes you definitely need to come visit me. :</>D Same with you, Peeg. I dunno where Barrie is in relation to Waterloo?

Liz, are you back in Illinois? We haven't touched base in a while so I dunno what's going on with you! xD

Oh, and I want to bike to Madison at some point too. I'm thinking of purchasing a tent for when I can't find a place to crash, but I'd also probably be scared camping out in the middle of the night by myself in some field or something. Maybe I'll do the tent thing when I have someone else biking with me. If anyone's crazy enough to want to join me at some point...

I know Yars, you said you were into biking a bit. Hehee maybe I'll drive to your place in Ohio, and then we can bike back to Champaign together? As long as I can park my car there for a week or so. Then you can chill for a few days here and we can bike back to Ohio, I'll pick up my car and see if I can see any of you other Ohio peeps too. Although, I guess you all have <i>parents</i> so you'd have to make sure they don't mind o_o *crazy plans forming*

Værn
04-07-2009, 04:14 AM
I know Yars, you said you were into biking a bit. Hehee maybe I'll drive to your place in Ohio, and then we can bike back to Champaign together? As long as I can park my car there for a week or so. Then you can chill for a few days here and we can bike back to Ohio, I'll pick up my car and see if I can see any of you other Ohio peeps too. Although, I guess you all have parents so you'd have to make sure they don't mind o_o *crazy plans forming*
It just now occurred to me that my friend Joe got a new bike a while back and said that I could have his old one. But, I've never had a way to bring it back to my house... other than riding it, of course, but he lives then miles out of town and I'm usually there until midnight-ish, so I'd have to ride 45 minute to an hour in the dark... But yeah, that bike may actually be suitable for riding 300 miles on, so I may be able to join you :D
Of course, I'll probably die of a heart attack halfway through... I'll have to get an exercise bike and start using it to work out while I watch anime. I wonder if I could rig one of those things to power my computer? Anime would definitely be a good motivator to get me ready! :D

Lawr
04-07-2009, 04:20 AM
Jojo just remember to bring your nunchakus in case there are some Illinois highwaymen who try to shaggle you! I wish you the best of luck on your Cross-Country Death Trek! :bigsmile:

Make your way to Lawrence's house, he'll take mighty good care of ya'.

:tpg:
YES. YES.

I'll take mighty good care of ya'. What are stalkers for, my darling? :yamete:

Caraliz
04-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Yes Illinois!

Yar
04-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Unless I find my own place, idk about you parking your car here. You see, you're on the Interwebs, and your only intent would be to rape me. That's what my parents would think, anyway.

I am trying to find my own place though. xD Plus, the ride from Ohio to Illinois would be hella flat, so it will be easy to bike! :D

Værn
04-07-2009, 05:52 AM
idk about you parking your car here.
If you need a place to park a car, just go to Stryker and park outside of the local pizza shop. There are a couple of apartments on the floor above said pizza shop and the people that live there are always parked outside, so it's safe to assume you won't get into any trouble for leaving your car there. And it's close enough to the police station that nobody would try any funny stuff with it.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/Vaern/air3.jpg
Heck, you could just ask if you could park in the lot behind the police station/fire dept...

Jojee
04-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Haha Yars, if your parents aren't okay with me parking a car there, why would they let you disappear for over a week while you bike to Illinois and stay with an internet person? xD

And yess Vaern, uhh work your butt muscles. I'm not even joking. It HURTS. Actually I don't really know much about you~ do you live with your parents? How old are you? xD I sort of feel like I'd be kidnapping young children, conspiring to take you all on these bike trips, mwahaha >=]

Sag your parents would totally kick me out :P And kickass, Liz, I'll tell you if I pass through the Chicago area :O

Værn
04-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Haha Yars, if your parents aren't okay with me parking a car there, why would they let you disappear for over a week while you bike to Illinois and stay with an internet person? xD

And yess Vaern, uhh work your butt muscles. I'm not even joking. It HURTS. Actually I don't really know much about you~ do you live with your parents? How old are you? xD I sort of feel like I'd be kidnapping young children, conspiring to take you all on these bike trips, mwahaha >=]

Sag your parents would totally kick me out :P And kickass, Liz, I'll tell you if I pass through the Chicago area :O
I just turned 19 two weeks ago (http://forum.neskaya.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1182). And yep, still live with my parents :p

Jojee
04-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah, I made your bday thread. xD completely forgot about that.

Well okay, good you're not underage. x]

Flying Mullet
04-07-2009, 05:32 PM
The Lure of the Open Road - 1944 - mjgradziel.com (http://www.mjgradziel.com/thelmajones/lureoftheopenroad.html)
I misread the author of this and thought her name was "Thelma Poop Jones".

Jojee
04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
That's what I'd want to do, except farther. If only I had the whole summer... I'd definitely go coast to coast at the least. I skimmed that story though and they were going really slow, at least in the beginning, not sure if they sped up. It was like 30 miles a day, wtf? xD

KentaRawr!
04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
How could anyone forget you? :p

I'd love to bike somewhere like that. I should bike my way to my friend's house the next time I go over there. :p

Flying Mullet
04-07-2009, 10:03 PM
My wife's cousin has been raising money to do a "bike and build" over the summer: Bike & Build - Home (http://bikeandbuild.org/cms/)

Jojee
04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
That's so cool =O I wanna do that too. Not with them, I can start my own fundraiser. For... some good purpose. xD Maybe I'll do something like that the summer after my 3rd year of law school, and before I start being a lawyer. That would be my only chance really. xD

But it looks like I'm doing something right, because I did 70 miles on my first try, and they said they start slow but build up to 70 miles a day. =]! I can build up to 100 miles a day, I'll try!

qwertysaur
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I never learned how to ride a bike >.>

rubah
04-08-2009, 12:56 AM
They were biking just to ride and explore, jojo, not to get somewhere:p They stopped to go swimming and stuff. Towards the middle, they take two weeks off to get jobs as waitresses and eventually sign on a riverboat as dish washers.

Peegee
04-08-2009, 04:35 AM
So Joy...

Jojee
04-08-2009, 08:38 AM
*suspicious look*
...What?

....you're making me paranoid. xD

Aerith's Knight
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Biking to England/Sweden/Netherlands/etc is definitely on my list of things to do this summer ;) Very high on the list, ok?

Well, it wouldn't be the first time I have to sleep on my own couch. :p

Jojee
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, but I'm guessing the ocean biking thing won't work too well and i'll probably get eaten by sharks, so I'll just take the -> Canada -> Alaska -> Russia (hey I'll risk biking across the ocean here ;D) -> a bunch of countries -> destination route instead k? ;) If I start now, I can be there in like 5 years, provided I don't get mauled by a polar bear/starve/freeze/drown/die first!

Yar
04-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, but I'm guessing the ocean biking thing won't work too well and i'll probably get eaten by sharks, so I'll just take the -> Canada -> Alaska -> Russia (hey I'll risk biking across the ocean here ;D) -> a bunch of countries -> destination route instead k? ;) If I start now, I can be there in like 5 years, provided I don't get mauled by a polar bear/starve/freeze/drown/die first!That would be a tragedy/horrible/depressing/hilarious. :Eek:

Aerith's Knight
04-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah, but I'm guessing the ocean biking thing won't work too well and i'll probably get eaten by sharks, so I'll just take the -> Canada -> Alaska -> Russia (hey I'll risk biking across the ocean here ;D) -> a bunch of countries -> destination route instead k? ;) If I start now, I can be there in like 5 years, provided I don't get mauled by a polar bear/starve/freeze/drown/die first!

I think it's less of a hassle to just buy you a plane ticket. Hell, these days it's so cheap, get me drunk enough and I'll pay for it. :p