PDA

View Full Version : Just Sickenin'!

Depression Moon
04-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Somebody mentined this to me a few days ago. Do you remember the last time you played X-2? Remember Brother and how funny he acted sometimes around Yuna. To me it seemed more than he just liked his world famous cousin, it almost seems like he has a crush on her. I don't want to make any allegations here, but if he does, that's his cousin and that just ain't right!

Vermachtnis
04-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Yup, he loves his cousin. He really, really does. But its one sided so it's not that big a deal.

Tavrobel
04-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Cousin-cousin love is accepted in Japan. Incest is just plain AWWRITE, m0ar liek wincest, can I get a "hell yeah?"

Jessweeee♪
04-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Hahaha it's fun to stomp all over him when he lies on the ground pretending to be hurt xD

Jiro
04-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Cousin-cousin is accepted by law in a lot of places now. Whether or not society is cool with it is another story. Brother is in love with Yuna, obviously. But he's a creep and Yuna doesn't dig that.

Besides, nothing explicit happens. Just don't close your eyes while thinking about it and you'll be fine.

Darkswordofchaos
04-07-2009, 06:00 PM
That always kinda made me wonder to. but mabey cid is not his real dad just like a step dad that raised him that might be kinda ok

Jessweeee♪
04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Eh, from what I've heard it's not that weird in Japan to have a crush on your cousin. I don't think it's cool to actually marry a cousin or anything, though.

jeo2388
04-08-2009, 06:29 AM
It depends on how close you and your cousin are. If you are like Brother and Yuna who rarely see each other, then it's perfectly normal to develop a crush on him/her. Unless if you were childhood friends and grew together, then it can't happen. It's basic human nature.

Big D
04-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Rikku calls him a 'sicko' on at least one occasion when he tries to sidle up Yuna:p

Also, during a hidden cut-scene in chapter 5, he openly admits to being in love with her - without realising she's close enough to hear.

Elly
04-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Brother is a whack-job and there for comedy relief, it's actualy more funny than sick that he wants her so bad but can't do anything cause they are closely related, and even more funny that he get's shot down all the time just for thinking about trying...
it's really not that odd my little sister had a crush on my younger cousin and vice-versa but of course cause they are related nothing could ever come of it and they eventualy grew out of it, that scenario was more funny to me than sick as well, but of course they were under 10 back then... also don't forget the theory of reletivity in Arkansas: "In Arkansas everyone's relative"... so it's not that far fetched...

Depression Moon
04-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Also, during a hidden cut-scene in chapter 5, he openly admits to being in love with her - without realising she's close enough to hear.

I thought so and bleh!

It depends on how close you and your cousin are. If you are like Brother and Yuna who rarely see each other, then it's perfectly normal to develop a crush on him/her. Unless if you were childhood friends and grew together, then it can't happen. It's basic human nature.

I don't agree with that. I just discovered some new relatives in my family and I don't have a crush on any of them.

Old Manus
04-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't buy any of that 'acceptable in japan' waffle, I think it was just sloppy writing.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-08-2009, 08:56 PM
waffle

Darkswordofchaos
04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Also, during a hidden cut-scene in chapter 5, he openly admits to being in love with her - without realising she's close enough to hear.[quote=jeo2388;2654975]It depends on how close you and your cousin are. If you are like Brother and Yuna who rarely see each other, then it's perfectly normal to develop a crush on him/her. Unless if you were childhood friends and grew together, then it can't happen. It's basic human nature.

I don't agree with that. I just discovered some new relatives in my family and I don't have a crush on any of them.

mabey there all ugos or somthing.
Like if i found out like jessica simpson was like my fith cousin i would prolly still do her

scrumpleberry
04-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't buy any of that 'acceptable in japan' waffle, I think it was just sloppy writing.

Pretty much.

Roseanne
04-10-2009, 09:13 PM
thats just wrong, yuna should smack brother. seriously, its incest and mega wrong. who does that??? it really freaked me out :(

cally777
04-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Eh, chill out people. We are talking computer folks here. Tho' maybe computers mating with each other is incest.

Still suspending disbelief again, Brother/Yuna? Its just not right, is it, because lets face it the guy is pathetic. And a weirdo.

:choc::choc::choc:

LunarWeaver
04-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Brother should forget Yuna and go for Shinra. He's the real sexpot around that ship.

Depression Moon
04-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Brother should forget Yuna and go for Shinra. He's the real sexpot around that ship.
You know that's a little boy right?

Old Manus
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8840/asplannedrd3.jpg

sir helix
04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
"shudder shudder"

Namelessfengir
04-22-2009, 03:55 AM
it's just incest.... shimmer the hell down. it was just a crush from the family sped, not her own dead parents coming back to take her for a test drive.

and stepping away from your own biases lets look at the geo/sociological structure of spira... sins been slaughtering people for "a thousand years" so that judging from various cutscenes world population is reduced to about 1 million creating a shrunken gene pool, incest becomes a unavoidable consequence/happy occurrence.

Mirage
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
We don't even know how close cousins they were. Second cousins isn't that horrible to be honest. At that point there is enough genetic differences to make it irrelevant, biologically speaking. If they didn't even know each other most of their lives, there's not really any reason why it can't happen. One of my best friends have parents that are second cousins. He turned out fine!

Big D
04-22-2009, 01:01 PM
We don't even know how close cousins they were. Second cousins isn't that horrible to be honest.I'm pretty sure Braska married Cid's sister, which would make Yuna and Brother first cousins :cool:

Namelessfengir
04-22-2009, 05:43 PM
We don't even know how close cousins they were. Second cousins isn't that horrible to be honest.I'm pretty sure Braska married Cid's sister, which would make Yuna and Brother first cousins :cool:

but then you ad in the half al bhed factor gives you a bit more diversity that would more than likely make children feasible, setting aside the fact of how ugly any children of brothers would be ...

Mirage
04-22-2009, 06:28 PM

Source? :p
I can't remember it having been stated in the game...

Depression Moon
04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
in X Yuna mentioned to Tidus that her mother told her to seek out a man named Cid, because that's her uncle. I believe she said that while on a boat and also cid said something like "You bet I ain't gonna let my neice get herself killed!"

abrojtm
04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Rikku and Yuna are first cousins, and Brother is Rikku's brother, so as long as they are blood-related, then Yuna and Brother are first cousins.

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Also, during a hidden cut-scene in chapter 5, he openly admits to being in love with her - without realising she's close enough to hear.[quote=jeo2388;2654975]It depends on how close you and your cousin are. If you are like Brother and Yuna who rarely see each other, then it's perfectly normal to develop a crush on him/her. Unless if you were childhood friends and grew together, then it can't happen. It's basic human nature.

mabey there all ugos or somthing.
Like if i found out like jessica simpson was like my fith cousin i would prolly still do her

FDR married his fifth cousin :</>D!

Namelessfengir
04-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Einstein married his cousin.... are you saying your smarter that Einstein?????