PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Topic

Caraliz
04-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Can we just sticky one of these?

I was playing the other day. I made a ranger. It was sweet as. Does anyone else here play besides Bert and Tsukasa?

Iceglow
04-07-2009, 02:42 AM
I do on occassion, I'll bug you when I have time to play it next.

Caraliz
04-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Haha okay. I think we should play sometime!

What's your name?

I'm Tangerine Sunshine / Here Comes Gods Son

Markus. D
04-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Why wasn't the other topic just bumped :S?

I'm still waiting for that bloody April Update, I've done about as much as I wanna do, so I just like making skill/team combinations and staccatos nao :3!

edit: I am in hopes that one day, my favorite of the gods will have her own dungeon~... as she's clearly the best, no one is better than Lyssa!

Caraliz
04-09-2009, 02:27 AM
Because this is official! And I said so.

So I think that I'm having fun playing a Ranger. More fun than playing a monk anyhow.

Markus. D
04-09-2009, 04:17 AM
I multitask toons so I can change up whenever, it's gewd!

I made a PvE tier list too! >.<; Biggest Pro(s)/Con

PvE Party Professions (PvE Skill Utility)
(Top)
Necromancer [Soul Reaping Energy Management]
Paragon [Imbagon allows for constant 90%+ damage mitigation]
(Mid)
Monk [RoJ Cryway] [Require BiP and Consumables]
Elementalist [Cryway]
(Other)
Assassin [Assassin's Promise] [Assassin's Promise]
Dervish [Avatar Refreshing]

PvE Party Professions (Non-PvE Skills)
(Top)
Necromancer [Can play all spellcasting roles better than most spellcasters]
Monk [80% Required/RoJ] [Energy Issues]
Mesmer [Easiest Armor Ignoring AoE that doesn't scatter]
Assassin [Highest AoE Melee damage] [Lacks protection outside of enchantments]
Ranger [Hideously high damage and the best armor ratings]
(Mid)
Ritualist [Harsh armor ignoring damage] [Limiting Energy issues]
Elementalist [Constant Mindless Damage] [Contant scattering]
Dervish [Spams Orders better than Necromancers] [Requires degree of thought]
(Bad)
Paragon [Shout stacking] [Missing AoE damage]
Warrior [Hearty/KD Spam] [Void]

Caraliz
04-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Wow, that's thorough. But I don't really get it. Can you explain it to me better and maybe suggest some job classes I should play? So far I've only played a Warrior, a Monk and a Ranger. My favorite so far has been the ranger.

Markus. D
04-12-2009, 01:53 AM
WELL!

Basically... make a Necromancer.

Caraliz
04-12-2009, 07:32 AM
In which expansion? I have all but prophecies ._.

Markus. D
04-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Nightfall has some really pretty choices in terms of necro lewks...

But all in all, you can travel to other campaigns, 'memba?

GuildWars.com: 4 Year Anniversary Celebration (http://www.guildwars.com/community/events/contentupdates/4thanniversary/)
GuildWars.com: 4 Year Anniversary Celebration (http://www.guildwars.com/community/events/contentupdates/4thanniversary/)

Caraliz
04-13-2009, 02:38 AM
I made one! Her name is Miss Limacon!

Iceglow
04-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Necromancers are fun I have one called Marilith Stormborn, we really ought to form an EOFF guild.

Markus. D
04-13-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't plan on leaving my guild until at least GW2.

I have two Necros... Ki Lun Redfire (Kinda sits there looking badass in her Elite Lux, she use to run her own Discordway, until I found a quicker source of damage with my Assassin) and Prinny Etna (My Contagion Bomber for JQ and GvG PvP).

captkrill
04-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I have just gotten to draknor with my W/MO and just upgraded armor, so I am broke, I have some cap sigs and ready to start getting more elite skills...so I can start farming hydras and griffs.

Caraliz
04-13-2009, 09:52 PM
I like the EoFF guild idea, but I also like my current guild!

Markus. D
04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
I keep getting told false (darn buddies xD) rumours that my Thorway Idea is making some headway into the next skill update :O!

Also! Capt', interesting choice on the W/Mo... There are quite a few fun and unexpected skills from the Smiting Prayer line that will make you quite the goshly damage dealer~

Try Strength of Honor (Adds damage) or Judge's Insight (Adds another % of Armor Penetration that goes along with your warrior's Strength)... Much more effective to kill rather than "tank" with things like Healing Breeze etc...

edit: Strength of Honor - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW) (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Strength_of_Honor) andor Judge's Insight - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW) (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Judge%27s_Insight)

Caraliz
04-17-2009, 03:43 AM
What would you recommend me doing with my Necromancer? I have basic skills but no idea what to put my attribute points into or anything.

Markus. D
04-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Seeing as it's a PvE toon.

Either Curses or Death, you have some AWESOME options... shouldn't worry too much at the moment... because if you decide on getting multiple max armor sets (or at least scar patterns for curses/soul reaping/death) by the end you'll be sweet.

Unless you're going MM, keep your death magic maxed with a Minor Rune (If you select Death Magic).
Superior Curses for SSing.
Minor Soul Reaping (Unless you decide to Icy Veins)... for everything else.

ps: Endgame Necromancers do about 3-4 things at once anyways, bloody hell imba.

Iceglow
04-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Death magic is probably my advice with a necro, the reason being the spells do loads of damage and some/most regenerate your health upon hitting targets. Minions are fun but they die pretty quick and when running across a level from battle to battle it can take too long though they're useful for tying up large contingents of charr/enemies especially if you have a monk as an ally with you because the monk will keep healing the minions whilst you keep casting death magic thus looking after yourself and providing you with a good source of bodies to keep raising replacement minions.

Markus. D
04-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Death magic is probably my advice with a necro, the reason being the spells do loads of damage and some/most regenerate your health upon hitting targets. Minions are fun but they die pretty quick and when running across a level from battle to battle it can take too long though they're useful for tying up large contingents of charr/enemies especially if you have a monk as an ally with you because the monk will keep healing the minions whilst you keep casting death magic thus looking after yourself and providing you with a good source of bodies to keep raising replacement minions.

:s

Yes the spells do quite alot of damage (Rising Bile, Discord, Putrid Bile, etcetc xD etc)... however there are no true health gaining spells in Death Magic (you're thinking of Blood Magic imo!~ or the Consume Corpse/Taste of Pain/Death spell).

When MMing, it's not uncommon to lag a few steps behind the party, not so much ressing each and every corpse to form a minion, with a Bloodstained Insignia (reduces corpse raising cast time by 25%) you can safely revive 1-2 post-battle in a matter of moments, cast BotM and keep mobile.

But y'know these days there's Jagged Bones to recyle minions and Aura of the Lich to raise gosh KNOWS how many bone minions at once to keep it constant enough to say "keeping 'em healed" rather a lazy moment of the past (Instead bringing 'em up and using 'em as meatshields for the next fight).

The dedicated healer of the party should feel no need to have to heal your Minions... Skilled MMing requires a touch of Hybrid (Try Dwayna's Sorrow/Life as a heal buffer) and Micromanagement.

I hope my confusing rant was of some aid.

Caraliz
04-24-2009, 04:22 AM
What's MM and SS? ._.

Balzac
04-24-2009, 04:29 AM
Minion Master and Spiteful Spirit I guess. Been a while since I played, nearly well over a year :O

Caraliz
04-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Hmm. I like this death magic or blood magic idea. Which is the one with the minions?

Aydin
04-24-2009, 05:42 AM
OMG I haven't thought of Guild Wars in a long time... I still remember when I bought the collectors edition for like, 60 bucks.

I wonder why I don't play it anymore.

captkrill
04-24-2009, 06:56 PM
So i just finish Iron Mines and now am wanting to go to Nightfall to get some heroes.

Caraliz
04-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Holy fucking :bou::bou::bou::bou:, play Guild Wars. The big box has all of them for like $30.

Markus. D
04-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Hmm. I like this death magic or blood magic idea. Which is the one with the minions?

Death Magic.. XD!

Even mentions minions in the description when ya' highlight :3!

captkrill
04-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Does anyone care enough about me to help me get past thunderhead keep? I swear on the life of all fluffy dwarf hamsters that I cannot get past that fucking mursaat boss and those god damn insane jades.

Caraliz
04-29-2009, 08:01 PM
I can try to help! What's your name on GW? I'm Tangerine Sunshine & I'm logging in right now.

Markus. D
04-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Ki Lun Grimflare

add and hassle me! it's alright! I only play to help others in PvE or well, PvP so... :D!

captkrill
04-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Im not on right now, still at work...wont be on til about 6 ish. BTW its Va Nilla Bear

Caraliz
04-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm Miss Limacon!

captkrill
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
BOOYA!

Finally got fed up and went to Nightfall for the heroes and tried again, and wiped my ass with the one jade that kept sniping Jalis at the end of the mission...Oh btw I completed the mission. Now its on to killing Prince Ruick (sp?)

Markus. D
05-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Good enough :D

Yah... I love to say he's the worst RPG main protagonist, both in look and character, ever.
Kormir is probably my fave :D!

IMO
Magrid, Mel', Koss and Dunkoro are pretty good supporting protagonists, along with the entire supporting cast of EotN.

YAY GW!

So... what's your personal favorite hero you guys :D?
Mine's between Razah and Xandra...

captkrill
05-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Dunkaro, orison, heal other, healing breeze and the elite heal is all i really need.

Caraliz
05-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Koss is awesome! And the only hero I have. xD Tsu, I haven't seen you online!

Markus. D
05-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Koss is awesome! And the only hero I have. xD Tsu, I haven't seen you online!

*logs on*

:3

Abuse my online status.

Caraliz
05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
I WILL!!!

Iceglow
05-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I fired up my guildwars today for the first time in ages, my necro in prophecies is still pretty awesome to behold. I think I might have to do a new char for Factions however since I'm not sure if I can remember anything about that packs story. Also Caraliz, Tsukasa, I got kicked from my guild for inactivity which means I'm free to do as I please if either of you want me in your guilds (tsukasa I know mentioned this in the past) feel free to either prompt me to make the eoff guild or msg me with the guild details and an invite for Marilith Exodus.

Also, if either of you have a pre-searing character in prophecies it'd be awesome if we could go beyond the wall to hunt some charr early I got a level 8 ranger/monk who is sitting in pre-searing purely to go farming the monsters beyond the wall.

Caraliz
05-02-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm online! I want to invite you into my guild. :3

Markus. D
05-03-2009, 01:19 AM
'liz... Join the alliance my leader's in... it's so quiet, needs moar loud.

ALSO, you suddenly left yesterday xD... you didn't let me finish off "I'm going afk... for 5 mins"

Iceglow
05-03-2009, 06:58 AM
I re-made a factions char called Marilith Stormborn, this character is a necromancer (unsure of what second job I'll grant her, possibility of monk) I love death magic necros but I might go for blood magic and see how that works for me. Also my prophecies post searing Necro Marilith Exodus is now in the mountains at Shivers Peak I'm at the Gulch about to do the mission there to get to Kryta.

I'm really itching to go post searing with my ranger Kailas Stormborn, however she is level 8 and I wish to get to level 10 - pre-searing which means I need to go beyond the wall for monsters to give me any exp. If anyone has a placeholder/mule char in prophecies prior to the searing who doesn't mind opening the gate for me to go beyond the wall then I'd be very grateful.

I'm also seeking dyes if people have them spare. I have the 3 different types of necromancer armour available for crafting at this time for miss Exodus (Tyrian, Cabal, Fanatic all +30 defense) but not enough dyes of any one color to change the gray in to something prettier. Orange is especially welcome for one of the outfits looks awesome in orange.

Caraliz
05-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I think I have some brown dye.

captkrill
05-04-2009, 03:44 PM
ive got multiples of almost every color except for white and black.

Me = bad pack rat.

Iceglow
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Caraliz, I happen to have brought Nightfall today from work, this means we can kick some ass together. However I would also say you need prophecies. Also Captkrill, would you be willing to trade some dyes I'm seeking orange in particular because one of the armours gets a lovely rich gold shade when I add it.

Caraliz
05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Hell yes!!!

Markus. D
05-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I re-made a factions char called Marilith Stormborn, this character is a necromancer (unsure of what second job I'll grant her, possibility of monk) I love death magic necros but I might go for blood magic and see how that works for me. Also my prophecies post searing Necro Marilith Exodus is now in the mountains at Shivers Peak I'm at the Gulch about to do the mission there to get to Kryta.

I really must say I'm against Life Steal Blood Magic in PvE... at the start it's fine... but mobs of 10+ monsters just doesn't allow Blood Magic to flounder as well as it would in PvP (It's in a nutshell, armor ignoring spike damage).

Unless you're going to try for Blood Support (Raisie your team's physical damage, allowing them to steal health, abusing Death Penatly to provide the whole party with limitless energy etc)... which in case, I love you.
There's also a very advanced Elite skill called "Spoil Victor" which is always there too.

I must also reccomend making no more than one of the same profession, it chews up a toon's slot... and you'll soon find that travelling to other continents in Tyria, being able to change your second profession at any time will make one of those necros, clutter.

Caraliz
05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm having fun with my Mesmer and Koss. =o

Iceglow
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I really dislike certain character classes though Tsukasa so I don't really mind 2 necromancers. I'm also not likely to bother with pvp much I just don't find that side of GW exciting sorry. I'm fully aware I can transfer characters between campaigns however just because I can doesn't mean I will, I think a big part of the game is not just going through the missions with level 20 chars who have already got awesome skills and equipment. I think the fun is had by going through from scratch on each pack and learning exactly what there is in the game as you go. Hence I have 2 prophecies and 2 factions chars and will probably have in the end 2 nightfall chars. As for the jobs I have 2 necros (because I really really like them) and a ranger and a warrior. I will try paragon and dervrish characters but I disliked Mesmers when I tried them and I disliked the elementalist as a main class because although spamming a large area of affect is cool and great in pve versus large groups the chars tend to attack slower and can be more suceptible to interruptions and deaths especially since for the most part so far I have used my chars in conjunction with npc "henchmen" characters.

Markus. D
05-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I guess it depends on your mindset... however you have fun :]!

Deaths for me only come from big AoE spikes (like being snap bang in the middle of a GW:EN Charr Mob's Meteor Shower)... I feel that synergy with hero setups and henchman choices keep me living enough to see the situations through, I actually spent a year H/Hing with my Assassin due to well, Assassins being out at the time... so if you'd like any tips on setups, just ask, easing a journey is always fun.

ALSO lookeeee~~~~
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/kodakumifan/WOOH.png

and as for your Mes' Caraliz, it's a hell of a good matchup to a ranger, make sure you get your Illussion AoEs early on, you're pretty much set :D!

Caraliz
05-07-2009, 10:57 PM
:o

Nice.

Iceglow
05-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Playing GW lately with Tsukasa I have got to say the man knows how to help a nubcake out :D

Caraliz
05-14-2009, 01:24 AM
I want Tsukasa to play with me! :aimmad:

Caraliz
07-06-2009, 12:04 AM
I haven't played in over 2 months. I'm really depressed. :(

Markus. D
07-06-2009, 01:33 AM
I'm about the same.

I don't have the time :(!

I did give the new Ritualist a spin though... Now I'm making a GW cosplay for next year xD!

NeoTifa
07-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Didn't I make this thread like 4 years ago. Shame I don't play it anymore.

Markus. D
07-06-2009, 03:49 AM
Didn't I make this thread like 4 years ago. Shame I don't play it anymore.

as long as you beat at least Nightfall, than I am more than content for you to be playing other games :33!

Seriously, Nightfall and the GW:EN dungeons are pretty much the only thing that still keeps zazz in the game... they abandoned creation of content for GW2.

Iceglow
07-06-2009, 09:22 PM
I should be more active but atm I'm going through hell with work and everything considering a major change in career not sure how it will play out however

NeoTifa
07-07-2009, 01:05 AM
I started playing Nightfall when it first came out, but I started going to school. That's when that died.

The Unknown Guru
07-07-2009, 05:26 AM
My friend's cousin just gave me his account, so i'm regularly playing now (as opposed to just dorking around in PvP on my friend's acc). My assassin's name is Roadrunner Fabong. I got him just past Nahpui Quarter in Factions, up to Rilohn Refuge in Nightfall, and just into EotN. If you wanna do a mission or something, whisp me :D

Markus. D
07-08-2009, 12:47 AM
I'd love to.

PM me anytime, as I've done them all... so I don't really ask others unless they wanna do something under half an hour and random.

Turkish Delight
07-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Being a WoW player first, I could never get into Guild Wars. When I found out there was no jump button and that everything but towns was instanced, I pretty much gave up on it.

Markus. D
07-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Because jumping is the core of any well rounded gameplay! :D!

Turkish Delight
07-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Because jumping is the core of any well rounded gameplay! :D!
Hell yeah. If you can't jump, what's the point? Case closed.