PDA

View Full Version : Vampires!

Crimson
04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
No, not that crap from Twilight.

Do you like them? If so, how did you get into them?

For me, I got into them because *looks around*, I used to love watching my parents copies of The Lost Boys and Fright Night when I was 5 years old.

*runs away*

strawberryman
04-07-2009, 08:00 PM
When they aren't romanticized, sure.

Blood + Supernatural Creatures biting heads off == happy me.

Peegee
04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Vampires are capable of hypnotising humans to do with them as they wish.

That's super awesome. Also the fictional characters are very rich in mythology. I like that.

Yes, I approve of Vampires.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I love vampires in general, but yeah that Twilight stuff... Sucked alot.

Freya
04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah I think it's known I hate twilight.

I love the idea of vampires. The lore around it is pretty cool. I like the dying in sunlight thing. Ya know, no sparkling.. dying. They are vicious blood sucking creatures that drain away your life it's self. You take that away and they sparkle lulz.

I read a bunch of vampirey stuff. Like the Anita Blake series, that's good till about the 10th book :P They made the first book into a comic by marvel!

Then I watched that True blood show too. That's good as well, they both have similar ideas of vamps.

I have been into them for a while, as I said, I just love the lore about them :P

Balzac
04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
HURRRRRRRRRR I H8 TWILIGHT!!!111111

Darkswordofchaos
04-07-2009, 09:08 PM
lol this is becoming an i hate twilight thread. by the way i hate twilight. my ex loved that crap :mad2:. But yeah Vampires are pretty much G-Units. but werewolfs are more coolerest

Crimson
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
lol this is becoming an i hate twilight thread. by the way i hate twilight. my ex loved that crap :mad2:. But yeah Vampires are pretty much G-Units. but werewolfs are more coolerest

Posting how much you hate Twilight is fine, just aslong as it isnt just that, add something to the point of the topic :roll2.

(Though for the record, everyone pretty much does hate Twilight)

Bunny
04-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah I think it's known I hate twilight.

I love the idea of vampires. The lore around it is pretty cool. I like the dying in sunlight thing. Ya know, no sparkling.. dying. They are vicious blood sucking creatures that drain away your life it's self. You take that away and they sparkle lulz.

I have been into them for a while, as I said, I just love the lore about them :P

I hate the idea of vampires dying in the sunlight though that is mainly because I do not enjoy the modern vampire lore viewpoint. A lot of it has become romanticized and boring to the point where the majority of vampire-related material is mundane and uninteresting. Folkloric vampire myths are way more interesting than most of the stuff nowadays.

Vampires are fascinating and I have been interested in them every since I was a child. When I was little, I used to cut myself and drink my own blood because I was goth and cool.

Balzac
04-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Zombies are better.

Polaris
04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Dracula makes me shiver
Edward Cullen makes me nothing
Anne Rice vampires... Meow :jokey:

it depends on my imagination, but vampires in my mind are def. a yes :) It's just a pity that they are becoming so horribly popular these days!

Vermachtnis
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Vampires are awesome when they're off being jackasses and not sparkling. Plus they're crazy hard to kill, you need to be batman level prepared with magical crap to stand a chance.

Jessweeee♪
04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Oddly enough I can't think of a single vampire movie I've seen. The only vampire books I've read were young adult novels that are essentially the same as Twilight only without all of the hype, so I haven't got a great impression S:

Namelessfengir
04-07-2009, 11:12 PM
buffy

Shlup
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
I've liked vampires as long as I remember. Probably 'cause I'm a huge perv and vampires are very sexual. And blood is awesome. Same reason I like Grey's Anatomy: sex and blood and sex and blood.

~*~Celes~*~
04-08-2009, 12:26 AM
I wish my boyfriend was a vampire :(

Meat Puppet
04-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Someone told me that if you shove a stake into a vampire’s heart then it’ll die so I tried it but it turned out to be a zombie so I died.

rubah
04-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I really loved The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. Just sayin'.

Depression Moon
04-08-2009, 01:44 AM
When I was little, I used to cut myself and drink my own blood because I was goth and cool.

Wha?

I'm neutral to vampires. I can do with or without them. I don't have much experience with them, the only books I've read with any in them are the harry Potter Books and I Am Legend, but HP didn't really do much with them.

I also have seen the Blade movies and I prefer the first movie. I haven't seen Twilight nor read the book, but the cover caught my eye while I was in school before I heard about it and I thought it was probably a nice fantasy book, but I never ended up reading it and when I saw the movie previews and heard more of what it's about, it turned me off.

Caraliz
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I second Stu.

Bunny
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
When I was little, I used to cut myself and drink my own blood because I was goth and cool.

Wha?

I was joking.

Rocket Edge
04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I like that Vampires have a rich history & mythology about them. I guess I think they are cool. I really enjoyed Interview with a Vampire, if that counts.

Darkswordofchaos
04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
i just thought of somthing. If you think of the way modern vampires (like in blade) and modern zombies are pertreyed there very similer in essence. the vampirism/zombification is spread through a sort of pathogen that infects you and turns you within a day or so if your not killed by the attack, they are both walking dead, they both bite you (albeit vamps bite to suck you zombies bite to eat you)

Freya
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I really loved The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. Just sayin'.

Me too. :D

Also the Vampire lore is quite a bit older than the modern Zombie. Take Countess Elizabeth Bathory who lived from the late 1500's to the early 1600's. The locals thought she was a vamp cause they said she bathed in the blood of virgins cause she thought it'd make her younger. So the whole undead life stealing thing... it's been around longer than your modern, "BRAINS" zombies.

While zombies probably existed as well, the dead rising from their graves ya know, but the Vampire lore was more jumped to cause life stealing from blood just seemed cooler.

The general Idea is the same yes, but there are things that make them vastly different. IE: Supernatural powers, Draining blood for sustenance, living long lives, among other things :p

rubah
04-08-2009, 10:08 PM
zombies aren't so modern. Haitian voodoo witches supposedly could enslave dead soulless bodies to do their work

Freya
04-08-2009, 10:37 PM
zombies aren't so modern. Haitian voodoo witches supposedly could enslave dead soulless bodies to do their work

Yes hence the "Modern Zombie" phrase and the

While zombies probably existed as well, the dead rising from their graves ya know, but the Vampire lore was more jumped to cause life stealing from blood just seemed cooler.

Part :p

~*~Celes~*~
04-08-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm a zombie!

NeoTifa
04-08-2009, 11:38 PM
OMG BRADD PITT X TOM CRUISE LUVLUV!!!! <3<3<3

Lacarus
04-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Vampires has great emo-potential... sadly. I've done alot of vampire watching and reading, now that I think about it. I've seen all episodes of Buffy and most of Angel, but the vampires in those are more like comic relief. From Dusk Till Dawn has some great moments too and it's all cliché and just grotesque. I loved the band. I've read Confessions of a Vampire and I Am Legend, and I like how they take a stand from the holy crucifiks part, which I don't like about vampire lore. Another series of books I've read when I was a child, by a danish author, included a vampire who had a weak stomach, so he had to drink red soda, 'cause he couldn't handle blood.

Markus. D
04-09-2009, 12:17 AM
As much as I like genuine vampires.

My favorite come from Rise: Blood Hunter... so very natural... instead of gnashing into skin with fangs they'd use blades to pierce the skin open to create a seeping wound.

Araciel
04-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Vampires are awesome. They're cool to read about, see on film, and pretend to be.

Dignified Pauper
04-09-2009, 03:42 AM
I am a vampire.

Yar
04-09-2009, 04:17 AM
Vampires suck I want to be a sparkly gay stalker one like the ones in Twilight.

Lacarus
04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Vampires suck
They have to if they want to "live".

I actually have some pretty vampiric teeth.

Darkswordofchaos
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Were did that come from

Lacarus
04-10-2009, 09:38 AM

Were did that come from
Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles, no less.

Vermachtnis
04-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Something has been bugging me since Karin. Does anyone know where "vampires can't cross moving water" come from?

Leeza
04-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Something has been bugging me since Karin. Does anyone know where "vampires can't cross moving water" come from?
Because the crossing usually takes a long time and vampires have to 'sleep' on the soil of their homeland. They solve this problem by bringing along a bunch of dirt when they do leave their homeland and place their coffins on top of it...or whatever it is that they 'sleep' in.

I think I've always just liked vampires. And I do like Twilight. The books, but not so much the movie because I'm not crazy about the choice of actors for the majority of the characters.

Araciel
04-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I thought that in some mythologies that vampires couldn't jump over a moving creek because they would just die...

Leeza
04-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh, I guess maybe there is something to that. I googled and came up with this:

So, you ask. Why can't vampires cross running water? Traditionally running water is pure, and cannot hold magic.

Not sure what magic has to do with vampires though.

Peegee
04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I'm more a sanguinarian vampire in that I rely more on the life force energy, per se.

Yeah, and then I think it's time for us to feed, per se.

That's true, Bloodrayne. People are going to be frightened of us because they don't understand our ways, per se.

We dress the way our souls feel, to express the darkness, per se.

Goth 2: Aren't you Mike Makowski?
Vampir: That's Vampir Makowski now.

You know, you guys are really giving off a negative human energy. We prefer to take our darkness somewhere else, per se.

Don't worry, Ma'am. As I was just explaining to my new minions, vampires are actually very spiritual [the minions smile] and deep beings, per se.

Yeah, Vampires rock. Per se.

Darkswordofchaos
04-10-2009, 07:21 PM
i had a dream i was a vampier once i think im gona get my K-9s inlarged so i look like i got fangs

Araciel
04-10-2009, 07:22 PM
we're not vamps, we're frickin' goth!

Roseanne
04-10-2009, 09:04 PM
:love:i want a vampire to suck my neck :love:

bite down ncie and hard. vamps are great, twilight is ok, not great. i like tom cruise and brad pitt, those are fit vamps :love::love::love: