PDA

View Full Version : Which should I play first?

Crimson
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Well, having recently finished FF6 im now officially done with the 2D generation and first half of my FF marathon.

But now im stumped, see, I have both FF7 (who doesnt?) and Crisis Core, but I dont know if I should follow it in Story Chronological order or stay true to FF and go straight for FF7.

So I ask you, fair and bold FF7 fans, which do you think i should do first?

arcanedude34
04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Honestly? I'd recommend playing FFVII first. Even though CC's a prequel, since much of FFVII's plot is revealed in flashbacks, you'd end up spoiling yourself by playing CC first.

Elly
04-07-2009, 11:02 PM
tru dat... FFVII (Meteorfall) should be played first, it leaves a lot open for debate and discussion, but some of the answers are in CC:FFVII so play that one next... if you're brave enough and love the story of FFVII then play Dirge of Cerberus inbetween the two, but of course first watch Last Order & Advent Children and if possible read "The Way to a Smile" which precludes AC... so, the last one you should play is CC...
basicly what i just did there was list all the episodes out in order of release...

Crimson
04-07-2009, 11:30 PM
tru dat... FFVII (Meteorfall) should be played first, it leaves a lot open for debate and discussion, but some of the answers are in CC:FFVII so play that one next... if you're brave enough and love the story of FFVII then play Dirge of Cerberus inbetween the two, but of course first watch Last Order & Advent Children and if possible read "The Way to a Smile" which precludes AC... so, the last one you should play is CC...
basicly what i just did there was list all the episodes out in order of release...

I've played DoC, I thought it was a good game despite what people say.

If I go for FF7 first, then i'll probably do FF7, watch AC (Maybe watched a subbed version of AC Complete if a sub is out by then) then play Dirge Of Cerberus, then watch Last Order and finally Crisis Core, or I might watch Last Order after AC then do DoC.

Elly
04-07-2009, 11:36 PM
ACC has been confirmed for an American release, i'm sure it will have a Japanese Language / English Subtitle in the options menu...

Rostum
04-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't worry about Last Order.

Big D
04-08-2009, 07:29 AM
I'd recommend playing/watching/reading the FFVII stories in the order they were released. Starting with the original game... it'll all possibly make more sense that way, or at least it'll feel like more of a journey of discovery.

Elly
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
actualy according to the FFVII Tenth Anniversary Ultimania, Last Order is canon, and it's easy to get as it comes with the Advent Children Limited Edition Collectors Set, another thing of interest is that the release of ACC will come with an animated version of Case of Denzil from "Way to a Smile"...

Aerith's Knight
04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I'd suggest IX first, seeing as that one is still class-based, but lots of easter eggs referring to VII and VIII are in that, so you might as well start with them.

Elly
04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
um AK, we're talking about the Compilation of FFVII here, not FF series, lol... the referances in IX are there cause it's a tribute to FFI through FFVIII...

DarkBahamut
04-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Do it in order of release. That way it makes it a bit easier to understand the story and you'll have a lot of fun.

Jessweeee♪
04-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Well like someone said before, there's a lot of stuff that flashes back to CC in FFVII, so you'll be spoiled if you play CC first. Now that I think about it, though, it'd be a totally different game if you knew the plot of Crisis Core while playing through FFVII for the first time. Hmm...really either way wouldn't be bad.

The Crystal
04-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Play FFVII first. Then watch the new OVA about Denzel, watch ACC, and then play CC.