PDA

View Full Version : Li'l Murderder is one F'ed up monster

Anniexo
04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay so I've playing FF4 and I'm on this moon looking for the last boss (*has no idea if she's in the right place*) and I get in to a fight with a monster called Li'l Murderder and this is what happened

-Copypaste from MSN-

it's like *gets thorwn in to battle* ... O mai~ *monster drops down with float already casted on it* ... Okay o.0 *Monster cast scan on its self* ... WTF...? Oh it's weak to lighting

Is this just a monster they put it for a laugh or what?

Rase
04-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Casting lightning spells on it will causes it to retaliate with it's own terrible Thunder spell. Use anything else and just beat it easily. It's just there for that chance you'll do that the first time and get killed/decimated by it, hence the SNES name of Tricker.

Anniexo
04-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Casting lightning spells on it will causes it to retaliate with it's own terrible Thunder spell. Use anything else and just beat it easily. It's just there for that chance you'll do that the first time and get killed/decimated by it, hence the SNES name of Tricker.

Good job I can kill them off fast then... Oh wells, doesn't matter now since I finished the game, so I guess this can be locked now

Momiji
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I fell for that the first time around too. Never again!

Flying Mullet
04-09-2009, 04:59 PM
If you're hardcore you cast lightning spells on it.

Roogle
04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
It is a cleverly designed random battle. I find myself wishing that more random battles had unique qualities like that in every Final Fantasy game. It kind of reminds me of the friendly monster battles from Final Fantasy IX if we were required to do something more with them than give them the precious stone that they want, you know?

espritduo
04-10-2009, 05:52 AM
The problem with the Lil' Murderer is that he just keeps casting Scan on himself until you hit him with a thunder-elemental attack and not doing anything else, making him way too easy to beat despite his somewhat impressive HP. He should stop scanning himself and attack you normally(but not quite as brutally) as soon as you attack him with something other than a thunder spell.

eestlinc
08-01-2009, 11:33 PM
it's not like there aren't tons of other strong monsters to fight down there. The respite of meeting this little fellow is quite welcome in my book.

oddler
08-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Zombie thread, ho! The thing is about the Tricker is that even when I cast Lit on it, it doesn't even come close to decimating my party. Is this something new that's been added for the rerelease or was I just lucky not to get punished by a little orange-clothed imp? I remember actually trying to find out what the heck was up with this monster way back in the day when I first got to the end of the game and nothing ever happened except me killing it eventually after getting tired of wasting time.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Final Fantasy IV was made in a time when Square was still exploring the fun things they could do with their emerging systems. For example, the Toad and Minimum statuses were introduced in FFII, then applied to actual dungeon exploration in FFIII. Likewise, FFIII debuted the Libra spell, and here you have the Li'l Murder. There's also a guy in the Developers' Room who'll scan himself, revealing his various insecurities.