PDA

View Full Version : Its just like gym class...

Wolf Kanno
04-10-2009, 05:58 PM
With a roster of 22 playable characters, its obvious that we all have a few characters that will be decidedly left last to play as while we scramble to play as our favorite heroes and villains.

So who gets to be like the nerds in gym class and get picked last...

EDIT: Smurfing hell... it took me too long to get my poll ready with my snarky comments. Now I don't get one...:cry:

LunarWeaver
04-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I think the characters from the earlier Final Fantasy games will get less attention than VII and up. I can't name specific names because I'm too lazy to look up the roster again and I forget most of it.

But ultimately these kind of games quickly dissolve into using who's overpowered and ignoring who's underpowered no matter how they feel about the character for most people.

Jiro
04-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Most of the early villians and some of the early heroes would be left til later for me, but that's just because I'm less familiar with them. I'd find someone who played the way I liked and stick with them though, so who they are won't matter after a while.

Wolf Kanno
04-11-2009, 05:17 AM
That's true, but it seems like the developers have done a lot to make the characters very different from each other in play style. I'm certain there are some pretty broken characters (Tidus and Ex-Death are certainly getting some love) but I wonder if this may be a scenario like SSB where people play at their fave characters regardless. :D

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Nobody from before FFVI will be getting much use by me.

Wolf Kanno
04-13-2009, 03:35 AM
Nobody from before FFVI will be getting much use by me.

You might just fall for Onion Knights charms :love:

Skyblade
04-15-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm fairly sure I'm going to be playing Emperor a lot, just because his focus on traps and ranged spells is a very interesting playstyle for a fighting game, and one that I'm looking forward to.

Other than that, I'm just going to be playing my favorites. I like most of the characters they chose (even if they did leave out Auron. >.<), and I'm going to play them all, and enjoy most of them, even if some of them are low-tier.

roen
06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
I'd play the ones from VIII, IX, and X first then I'd start playing the others. This just being because I've only played VIII and up.

Exdeath
07-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Exdeath moves a bit too slow for my taste. I personally use Cecil or Terra

Zeromus_X
07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Will definitely use Cecil.

As for characters I'd avoid, generally the "heavy" characters like say Jecht or Golbez but I'd at least like to try them out.

NeoCracker
07-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Except for possible story mode purposes, I refuse to play as Squall...

paxx0r
08-05-2009, 02:35 AM
The only characters that I've played in the Japanese version was Garland, Gabranth and Bartz. But I plan to main everyone (or at least be familiar with their strategies) in the NA version.

Crimson
08-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Already long know who im using and how to thrash every character, having been on GameFAQS since the japanese version came out last december.

I look forward to thrashing you nubs online. :evilking:

Cleric
08-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Zidane so far has been my favorite character of choice. As far as who is going to get the boot I can honestly say I'm not feeling Bartz too much.

NeoCracker
08-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Alright, given Squalls more likable character, I no longer refuse to use him. :p

Cleric
08-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Squall is actually a lot easier to stomach in Dissidia, and a decent fighter as well. EX Burst Renzokuken for the win.

Masamunemaster
08-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Ive always liked squall and I said at first that if hes horrible I wont use him but omg I will pwn all with him...Ive gotten good with most the characters except Bartz(he still sux lol) and Im trying to unlock everything before I go trying villans

Crimson
08-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Squall got buffed up in the english version, in the JP he was semi-decent at best.

Rough Divide got an air version and has much, MUCH better tracking than before.

Masamunemaster
08-31-2009, 03:14 AM
and its much easier to pull off in mid air...going down diving seems faster than jumping up

Wolf Kanno
09-05-2009, 05:42 AM
After playing quite a bit into the game, I can honestly say Tidus will probably be the guy on the way side for me. I cannot get his dodging mechanics right and so far (He's only level 38) most of his HP attacks are slow, have short range and are incredibly easy to dodge unless your opponent is trapped in a corner. Not to mention his EX mode and EX burst are wasted on my inability to use him. :cry:

Vermachtnis
09-05-2009, 06:16 AM
I don't like the Onion Kid. He'll probably not get past 14.

Markus. D
09-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Basically for me it will be: Shantotto > Kefka > Bartz > The rest.

:3

Sword
10-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm just going in order of difficulty. Otherwise I would've had no interest in playing as Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz and their respective villains. Fortunately Cloud's story was only 1 star difficulty, so I played as him first. Squall and Cloud are my favourite FF characters, but that means nothing in Dissidia. Its best to just go with whoever suits your style.

Yeargdribble
10-17-2009, 06:55 PM
I think I'm pretty much the opposite of everyone here. I'm tending to strongly favor the early game characters. I've been a fan since early on and have played all of the older games (most of them like II, III and V on emulators long before they were re-released. I personally enjoy how they are fleshed out and how the devs designed them while having less to work with from a character perspective.

black orb
10-22-2009, 10:12 PM
>>> Gabranth was the last character to reach the level 100 in my game..

Skyblade
10-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Ive always liked squall and I said at first that if hes horrible I wont use him but omg I will pwn all with him...Ive gotten good with most the characters except Bartz(he still sux lol) and Im trying to unlock everything before I go trying villans

Bartz is easily my most powerful fighter right now. Goblin Punch is so overpowered it hurts.

Wolf Kanno
11-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm adding Ultimecia to my list of people I'll never play as again, holy crap does she have too many glaring issues.

So far, I'm probably going to ExDeath trick to get to level 100:

Tidus
Ultimecia

Skyblade
11-14-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm adding Ultimecia to my list of people I'll never play as again, holy crap does she have too many glaring issues.

Tidus
Ultimecia

Ulti, along with most of the villains, outright slaughters Exdeath. His guard abilities do not handle ranged attacks well at all. She can kill him even without Magic Pot.

Tidus can cause a problem due to the longer setup of his dodge-attacks, though, so try to keep Exdeath in the air when going for your HP attack so he can't block it.

Barraza
11-14-2009, 03:14 AM
I haven't even used Shantotto yet. Probably because I never really played FFXI, and also because I don't really like tarutaru-type characters, anyway.

Bartz and Onion Knight are my two favorite to play as, but Firion has proven that he's easily one of the coolest Final Fantasy heroes, bar none, in terms of style.

Wolf Kanno
11-14-2009, 03:51 AM

Tidus
Ultimecia

Ulti, along with most of the villains, outright slaughters Exdeath. His guard abilities do not handle ranged attacks well at all. She can kill him even without Magic Pot.

Tidus can cause a problem due to the longer setup of his dodge-attacks, though, so try to keep Exdeath in the air when going for your HP attack so he can't block it.

I've found in my time playing as ExDeath that the computer really doesn't seem to know know how to use him. Which is great for leveling up against him. Getting the timing of his moves has been a bit tricky but I've found him to be one of the most rewarding characters to play as in the game. :D

As for Ulti and Tidus... Yeah, I'm just learning to really hate using them. Playing through Duel Coliseum with Ulti has been pure frustration. Even being higher leveled and with lower enemy A.I. its still an act of god to land HP attacks let alone win consistently. I really hope that if they do make Dissidia 2 that she gets completely overhauled cause goddamn...

Darkwolf090
11-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Bartz and Onion Knight are my two favorite to play as, but Firion has proven that he's easily one of the coolest Final Fantasy heroes, bar none, in terms of style.
That cuz Firion is voiced by Johnny Bosh aka Vash the Stampede... cant get much cooler then a power ranger gone anime right??

Onion Knight... never liked the class never will...
CoD: Shes to much a whore for me.
Ulti: I wanted my Seifer.
Kefka: F@#^ing clown....
Emperor: Too fabulous for me...

Those are the chars I WILL NEVER play as, simple as that.

Zeromus
11-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Shantotto (in the JAP and the US version) has been the last one I decide to pick and train, since I dislike her a lot... She is nice when used, but her personality and her look is what I dislike...
And being a hidden character, that you don't need to advance in the main story like the other Cosmos ones, I think it's most easily to let her aside...

superbeckie.
11-28-2009, 06:06 AM
I seem to play as Bartz the most... But that's just my fangirlish urges there. ^_^