PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII on PSN

champagne supernova
04-11-2009, 01:19 PM
So to tie in with the release of the new AC edition, Squaresoft have announced FFVII International Edition will be released on the Japanese PSN.

One would hope that this means that they are going to release the English versions on other networks. It doesn't really effect me, because I have the original discs, but does this excite anyone?

Oh, what PS Final Fantasy would you most like to see released on PSN. Mine is definitely IX, as I have never played it before, and therefore I feel like an incomplete human being.

Zaskull
04-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Final Fantasy VII Comes to PSN... In Japan: News from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173667)

Hm, I have a copy of VII myself, so the possibility of a North American PSN release doesn't mean much to me. However, it would be good news to those who don't want to shell out the ridiculous price for a copy of eBay/Amazon.

I would personally like all of the PSX FF's to release on the PSN. I would rather have a hard copy, but a digital copy works too.

Jessweeee♪
04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
o:

Elly
04-12-2009, 02:24 AM
now watch a ton of people download it illegaly to play on their CFW PSPs and ruin any chance of it coming to the US, i know ppl have been doing it for as long as the PSP has been around but now Sony and SE will take notice of it...

Rostum
04-12-2009, 02:47 AM
PSN, does that mean it can be downloaded to a PSP? If so that would be awesome. I have ripped my original CD's and put it on my PSP, but an official version for the PSP would be very awesome to have.

If that is the case I would really like FFVIII, FFIX and Chrono Cross to be released on PSN.

champagne supernova
04-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it will work on PSPs. I remember reading that in the IGN article. I just hope that they release English versions. And FFIX!

Bolivar
04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
i got the discs, but for some reason I would absolutely pay for a digital copy on my PS3/PSP.

Shadowdust
04-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Considering that Square hasn't been exactly forthcoming with classic games for the PS3, I have to wonder why now. It's probable that Square could be gauging interest as to whether the original game is still profitable. If it is, perhaps that will be more incentive to do the remake that has been sitting on the fence for god knows how long.

I've never downloaded a digital version of the PSX games for PS3 before so I don't know if they will optimize the game to look halfway decent on the PS3. The disc version looks horrid when emulating on a PS3. Anyway, I'll probably download it if it gets released here just to give my discs some long deserved rest.

Bolivar
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Considering that Square hasn't been exactly forthcoming with classic games for the PS3, I have to wonder why now.

To coincide with the release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete on Blu-Ray. The viewing party was at Sony headquarters in Ginza and they had PS3's on display with the Lion logo that cloud has in recent installments. I think they're actually bundling PS3's with this.

I think SE is finally getting behind the PS3, which is something Playstation, Squaresoft fans have been waiting on for a long time now. I think they wanted to establish their presence on the 360 as a publisher & developer to extract the most consumer surplus they could out of the international market before starting the capitalist orgy of PS3 Square-Enix games. Which is starting this Thursday, i guess with the movie/demo combo.