PDA

View Full Version : Broken Sword

Rantz
04-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Are you a fan? Favourite game in the series? Tried the recently released "Director's Cut" of the original game for DS/Wii? What did you think?

The original game, Shadow of the Templars, is still my favourite, so I'm excited to try out the Director's Cut (DS version), although I'm concerned about the lack of voiceovers.

Jiro
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
My friend loves Broken Sword. I remember playing it a little when I was younger, but didn't get around to finishing it. I am looking forward to getting the Director's Cut so I can finish it though :)

Timekeeper
04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I am said friend and I LOVE Broken Sword :) :) :) :) :D

I agree the first is the best, but the second was great too!

Not too happy about the third though... 3D elements just didn't seem to work, felt too RPG-like and not like an Adventure game...

I haven't played the fourth, is it any good??

I think the new directors cut could be kinda awesome, I've been wanting them to put some adventure games on DS and they have. Hopefully they have done it well :D

Rantz
04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree that full on 3D isn't Broken Sword's thing, at least not until it's better handled. I liked the story of The Sleeping Dragon, but the gameplay was way too bulky and uncomfortable.

I haven't played the fourth either, but there's been some good things said about it. I'm meaning to try it some day.

Quindiana Jones
04-13-2009, 11:55 PM
I have a DS. Should I buy this, Rantz?

Rantz
04-14-2009, 05:36 AM
I haven't played it yet, but I think it might very well be worth it.

Gullick
04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Love Broken Sword but I agree with Timekeeper, it was always meant to be 2D and cartoony.

But yea, to anyone who hasnt played it, Id say 1 and 2 are the best, then 4 and 3

Timekeeper
04-15-2009, 09:50 AM
hmmm I might actually consider getting the DS version then, if it plays the same and the extended bits are decent I'd certainly get it!

Sorry about sounding like a little kid in a candy store...
It's one of the few games that I get serious nostalgia from (Day of the Tentacle is pretty awesome for that too!)

Here's something I've been wanting to check out for months, but net is just too slow to handle it:
Baphomets Fluch 2.5 – Broken Sword 2.5 (http://www.brokensword25.com/)

Some fans have created Broken Sword 2.5. I downloaded a trial of it and it was truly awesome. It plays just like the first two, but with much better graphics (3D-Isometric I think...) I don't think it was first made in English, but I'm pretty sure that they have/are getting an English version.
If you are a Broken Sword fan a seriously suggest you check it out!

Roseanne
04-16-2009, 04:23 PM
what game is this :confused::confused::confused::confused:
:choc:

Rantz
04-17-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm playing the "Director's Cut" now, and it's awesome. I sort of miss the voices but I can live without them. I love this game.

Timekeeper
04-19-2009, 02:18 AM
The voices are different??
Awww :(
I'll still be considering buying it though :D

Rantz
04-19-2009, 05:53 AM
There are no voices at all in the DS version. The Wii version has voices, most of them being from the original if I've understood correctly.