PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill "reimagining" for the Wii

LunarWeaver
04-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Anyone been keeping up with this? It's a bit of a redo of the first game. IGN has a small preview they watched (http://wii.ign.com/articles/971/971316p1.html) and an interview (http://wii.ign.com/articles/971/971319p1.html) going on.

Interesting choice to remove all weapons from the game. I feel the concept of escaping and outwitting monsters rather than fighting them could work, but seeing as this is the team that brought us the dreadful Silent Hill Origins, I'm not getting a boner just yet.

It's also coming out for the PS2 and PSP.

Madame Adequate
04-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Waggle to escape your psychological torment.

LunarWeaver
04-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Swing the remote back and forth to slap yourself out of a state of hysteria.

Shoeberto
04-11-2009, 10:23 PM
tbqh, I'm pretty excited. It seems like they're trying a lot of cool things in order to go the route of actual survival horror and not combat like SH5/Origins went. SH isn't about combat, it's about getting your :bou::bou::bou::bou: freaked out. The branching path concept is cool, as well. I just hope they pull it off well. A lot of games tote the idea of unique, branching paths and it just ends up being either one direct thing or the other.

The screenies look good so far, though. Hopefully we'll see more at E3.

Markus. D
04-12-2009, 01:49 AM
weeeh! SH!

:3!

Wolf Kanno
04-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Someone brought up a really good point the other day. Why do we remake the good games? Especially since we hope to "improve" them and it usually fails. We should be spending our time remaking the bad games like Silent Hill Origins and Homecoming. They're the titles that need it. :roll2

Moon Rabbits
04-13-2009, 04:00 AM
*EXCITEMENT*

KentaRawr!
04-15-2009, 12:49 AM
I read about this in Nintendo Power. It seems pretty cool.

theundeadhero
04-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Nintendo Power still exists?

KentaRawr!
04-15-2009, 01:44 PM
That it does. I got a free strategy guide for registering, too. :p

Anyway, in Nintendo Power it said there would be branching paths, and how the game progresses depends on how progress in the game, like who you'll meet and when. One of the more simple examples they gave after apparently playing a demo was their choice between going into a camera shop or Teresa's used clothing store. They decided on the camera shop. However, during the interview part of it, they also said that the game is supposed to get into YOUR mind, rather than just the protagonists. But perhaps they're simply trying to make branching paths sound awesome. :p

Something else that's pretty interesting is that before you open a door, you can simply push the door open a little bit and peak in with your flashlight. At least, the guys in Nintendo Power found it interesting. :p

After they entered the camera shop, they don't really find anything, so they exit through the rear entrance, where they find 3 cans. They pick up the 3 cans and shake their controllers. One of the cans makes a rattling sound from the Wii Remote (Reminds me of Zack and Wiki) and they turn the can over to find a key was stuck inside.

According to Nintendo Power, there won't be any loading screens, because the areas will be stream-loaded. :)

Old Manus
04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Waggle to escape your psychological torment.lol'd