PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth Problem

Dark Angel Kira
04-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't no about anyone else, but i haven't been able to get anywhere in a fight with sephiroth in the kh1!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I last a few minutes with him but he kills me straight away, and when i do hit him it doesn't seem to affect his HP :cry::cry::cry: HELP!!!!!!!
I'm a level 64.
PLEASE HELP!!!:tongue:

blackmage_nuke
04-13-2009, 01:00 AM
You have to hit him about 20 times before his HP starts to decrease.

I recomend levelling up to about 80 or so. If you finish Hades cup on time trial you can verse rock titan whenever you want who gives alot of exp but im not sure if you can finish time trial on level 64.

PuPu
04-13-2009, 01:00 AM
In order to hit him, either jump and slash him, or Guard his slash and use Counterattack. After every four hits, he will teleport and slash you from behind.

but he kills me straight away,

When he teleports, he might appear at a distance from you and you'll hear him say "Descend Heartless Angel." Either Superglide toward him and hit him, or use Strike Raid to interrupt it.

If he isn't killing you with Descend Heartless Angel, then your HP is probably too low to fight against him. Synthesize Gaia Bangles or Level up to increase your HP.

when i do hit him it doesn't seem to affect his HP

He has an invisible HP bar. It depletes when you hit it like any of his other HP bars, but you need to take out the invisible HP bar before you can take out his other HP bars.

Tavrobel
04-13-2009, 02:34 AM
It can be done at level 60; it can even be done at 50. You just have to play very defensively, which means waiting to attack Sephiroth, and abusing your High Jump and Dodge Rolls. Set your abilities to all of the ones that help recover MP (especially MP Rage), as it will be very important in this fight. Elixirs in items slots and if failing that, Hi-Potions and Ethers. Strike Raid, Ars Arcanum, Ragnarok, and possibly Sonic Blade will be your best friends. Equip them. Recast whatever level of Aero you have when it runs out, if it helps. If it doesn't, don't bother. Aeroga might cause more problems than it solves, due to the damage it inflicts being counted as a hit, but your survival capabilities will be greatly expanded.

The easiest way I've found to hit him is to Dodge Roll when he is about to attack away, and then Dodge Roll straight into him, and to begin attacking. At best, you'll be able to land 4 hits, so make each of them count; some people recommend equipping the abilities that extend your attack pattern by one step, but I eschew them, personally. It's a tedious cat and mouse game, but keep at it. Once you get his invisible bar down, he'll continue for about another bar and a half, before he changes his patterns. From then, you can afford to be slightly more agressive. During this phase, if you have Aeroga, you may only be able to land 3 hits, not 4, but it's not significant, really.

If he begins using DHA/Sin Harvest (I don't care what you say, PuPu, Sin Harvest is a WAY cooler attack name), hope you've got at least 2 MP left, and use Strike Raid. Hit him once, and it'll interrupt. Bonus hits are harder to come by unless you disengage your target lock and rengage it before the cooldown is over, but it can be done with a little practice. If you happen to be close enough, use Ars Arcanum. Toward the end of the fight, he'll start going invincible and use meteors to attack you; this part is all about evasion, and once he drops out, punish him with attacks and Ars. You'll have that 18000 EXP before you know it.

If you're in need of HP, make some Gaia Bangles or Crystal Crowns (which also give MP). Most of the ingredients that can be gathered are in the area before Final Rest, which translates to a couple of levels if you decide to make 3 of them. I suggest Crystal Crowns more than Gaia Bangles, if only for the MP boost (which is vital, really).

PuPu
04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
If he begins using DHA/Sin Harvest (I don't care what you say, PuPu, Sin Harvest is a WAY cooler attack name)

I agree, Sin Harvest does sound cooler. I thought it sounded like Sin Harvest when I first heard it too, but after playing KH2, I checked it again and it does sound more like DHA to me.

I still can't believe people so many people, including me, thought it was Sin Harvest; the fact that the Bradygames Official Strategy Guide also says Sin Harvest didn't help either.

Wolf Kanno
04-13-2009, 05:52 PM
I think Tav has this one. For me, I felt Sephiroth was only difficult because of the god awful camera which Sephiroth exploits to get off Sin Harvest/DHC or to utilize his sword combo by always teleporting in a position where Lock on is useless and leaves you running blind while you fumble with the camera.

He's pretty mean when he's close to death but that's when I usually spam Ragnarok, even if I attack him while he's invincible, I am too so I don't take damage either. He's about patience and a bit of practice.

Tavrobel
04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I agree, Sin Harvest does sound cooler. I thought it sounded like Sin Harvest when I first heard it too, but after playing KH2, I checked it again and it does sound more like DHA to me.

I think it was the change in voice actors that really makes the attack sound like what it is supposed to sound like. It doesn't anywhere like Sin Harvest in KHII.

I myself didn't have too many problems with the camera, but I was always resetting my Lock-On.

Ultima Shadow
04-18-2009, 05:17 PM
This is how to do it, OMFG! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGZ-g-j_1VU&feature=channel_page)

Darkswordofchaos
04-18-2009, 05:51 PM
I think that you have to have second chance to. also the only attacke skill i used was ars arcanum