PDA

View Full Version : music better than film...oh no way!

IronOcean
04-13-2009, 06:34 AM
This is a tough one ladies and gents. Try to think of a movie that is oh so bad, makes you hate your family bad ha but the soundtrack was amazing. i have onl yben able to come up with two so far.

Queen of the Damned terrible movie should have given Anne Rice a stroke but a great soundstrack. Jothan Davis gave three great songs that other various artists sang. good stuff even if you dont like that type of stuff.

xXx the first one god damn this movie and almost hurt Vin Diesels feelings iuf he didnt make a trillion on it. Great soundtrack Gavin Rossdales Adrenline is a top fav of mine.

I know Eoff can come up with more with brain....power that is here for all to splender in

Wolf Kanno
04-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Though I don't necessarily hate the film or even feels its unwatchable; I do consider the soundtrack to be quite beautiful. A Child Recalled is easily one of the most beautiful tracks in the film. I own the soundtrack but I don't own a copy of the film...

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - A terrible and forgettable action flick with some of the greatest arrangements of the VII soundtrack. This move has easily the best versions of some of the most famous VII tracks like Aerith's theme, J-E-N-O-V-A, and One Winged Angel. New tracks like Promised Land and Water are also gorgeous new additions.

Daredevil - Pretty decent soundtrack which sadly outshines the bad acting and shoddy script.

Batman Forever - Love the soundtrack, absolutely hate the film that destroyed two of my top Batman villains. I love Kiss from a Rose :love:

Silent Hill - Pretty messed up flick with a gorgeous and beautiful soundtrack by the actual series composer. The sound track is just too awesome.

City of Angels - Great concept for a film but really drawn out and boring. Its soundtrack is still remembered to this day with tracks like Iris and Uninvited. I even love less well known tracks like If God Would Send His Angels by U2

Space Jam - A fun and silly film that just happens to have an awesome soundtrack that is more memorable. It even has some early stuff from R. Kelly before he became more known for his personal life...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - While we all remember this film for a lot of things; I hope that some would remember for its pretty decent soundtrack which made Tarzan Boy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY) famous again for a week...

The Wedding Singer - Decent early Sander film and his first attempt at not playing a total retard... sorta... I'm a sucker for any film that has a 80's soundtrack attached to it and Wedding Singer actually had a decent mix.

I'll think of more later...:eep:

rubah
04-14-2009, 06:11 AM
requiem for a dream.

Bunny
04-14-2009, 06:44 AM
By comparison, Underworld was massively inferior to the soundtrack.

Wolf Kanno
04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
requiem for a dream.

I'll second these as well.

Breine
04-14-2009, 10:31 AM
requiem for a dream.

Requiem for a Dream is a good movie.

I can't really think of any of the top of my head.

scrumpleberry
04-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Yup!

I did rather like underworld though, it was good fun.

blackmage_nuke
04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Advent Children had great remixes

rubah
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
it was a good movie, breine, but I couldn't stand it.

Araciel
04-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Anne Rice should have a stroke on principle alone.

Also, I can't help but think of Vanilla Sky. Excellent soundtrack, horrible version of the film.

Breine
04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
it was a good movie, breine, but I couldn't stand it.

Oh, I see.