PDA

View Full Version : Not an "I'm Back" thread!

Breine
04-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Well, I am back - from my 7 months trip around the world to be exact. Not that I've been away from this place completely, though. The really observant members will have noticed one or two posts by me from time to time (actually, very rarely), but now it's time to return to "full-fledged member mode".
Suddenly being home again is really surreal. It hasn't really occured to me yet I think. I landed yesterday morning, and since then it's kinda been like walking around in a dream world... And, I'm starting work tomorrow! Being back is good, though. I really missed my friends and family and seeing everybody again is gonna be totally crackalackin'.

Anyway, to keep this thread from being closed I'll cleverly make a topic out of this whole thing: What's the most surreal experience you've ever had?

Rye
04-13-2009, 09:20 PM
You have to tell me all about it! I haven't been here much either, I actually just started posting for the first time in months this week! Did you see Prague? Munich! Those are my top two for next year!

Breine
04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
You have to tell me all about it! I haven't been here much either, I actually just started posting for the first time in months this week! Did you see Prague? Munich! Those are my top two for next year!

Didn't go to either of those two, even though I've been to Prague 3 times in the past. It's a lovely city!
Instead I went to China, Nepal, India, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan and the US (travelled from San Francisco to New York). All in all a marvelous trip!

Rye
04-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Oh man! How did you like NYC?!

Old Manus
04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
'sup dude.

A pretty surreal experience was a good few years ago when (for no reason whatsoever) the POKEMON THEME TUNE was playing in my head, and just as it kicks in and the guy shouts 'POKEMON!', my mate next to me shouts it out at exactly the same time. He said I had been muttering the song under my breath, but I hadn't, and none of my other brosephs heard it either.

I felt like mewtwo :cry:

Breine
04-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh man! How did you like NYC?!

Loved it! NYC is a great city. Me and my travelling partner had 8 days there, and it was brill. Plus, the weather was pretty good (most of the time anyway, it rained really hard one of the days). We saw all the touristy stuff, but also tried to go a bit off-road, although we probably didn't. We e.g. saw three shows on Broadway, visited MoMA and The Metropolitan Museom of Art and I saw Geoffrey Rush! (He's doing a show on Broadway these days? The Exit King I think?).
- wanna go back some day.

trancekuja
04-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Well, I am back - from my 7 months trip around the world to be exact.
Hey , what do you mean 7 months!? You're supposed to do it in 80 days!

Rantz
04-13-2009, 09:39 PM
My most surreal experience was when Breine came back. :grover:

scrumpleberry
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Joining a certain place as a dessert in disguise was very surreal indeed :eek:

Welcome back!

Caraliz
04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Yay!

Marshall Banana
04-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Watching the fireworks show at Disneyland for the first time two summers ago and getting a big kiss from Jeremy afterward!

Going to the beach for the first time - with Jeremy - two summers ago!

Drinking chocolate milk boba tea for the first time!

Meeting Jeremy for the first time!

Jeremy telling me - for the first time - that he really likes me!

I feel mushy now.

Bunny
04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
How much money did that cost you?

Breine
04-13-2009, 10:58 PM

In total (including insurance, flights, treks, spending money and such) it was probably around 13500 Dollars. But you can do it for less than that if you want to.

rubah
04-13-2009, 11:58 PM
surreal:
wandering around at midnight, lost in besançon
lots of other times. you might say it's easier to name the times that seem normal!

Bunny
04-14-2009, 12:46 AM

In total (including insurance, flights, treks, spending money and such) it was probably around 13500 Dollars. But you can do it for less than that if you want to.

That's a lot of dollars.

Levian
04-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Did you write a travel blog or something? I want to read everything, but I don't want to pester you into writing everything either xD Anyway, I will pester you into posting pictures.

pester pester pester

Meat Puppet
04-14-2009, 01:15 AM
w/b

rubah
04-14-2009, 01:22 AM

That's a lot of dollars.

$2000/mo isn't so bad

Quindiana Jones
04-14-2009, 01:23 AM
I overtook a blue Ford Mondeo.

Driving this Mondeo was a clown.

Montoya
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Not necessarily life changing, but one time my parents were traveling I don't know where. I fell asleep, and when I woke I was surrounded by clouds in every direction. We were in a mountain range, and it literally felt like if we ran off the road we would fall off forever. It was pretty crazy.

Breine
04-14-2009, 10:14 AM

That's a lot of dollars.

$2000/mo isn't so bad

We lived for around 900 bucks a month, under actually, and if we felt like it we could have lived for less. A lot of the money went to treks (e.g. a five day trek in Nepal and a 21 days trip through the States with a company called Suntrek, if any of you know it) that we had purchased from home. Of course we ended up spending more money on living (and shopping) in Japan and the US. All in all, yes it's a lot of money, but it was well worth it.

Blue Harvest
04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Welcome back. You were missed.

theundeadhero
04-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Traveling around the world is so fun. Especially when you have friends to enjoy it with. I agree with Levian, feel free to post pictures here if you have any.

Breine
04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I definitely will post some pics as soon as I get them onto the computer. Sadly there's a problem with one of the memory cards, which I hope can be fixed! *fingers crossed*

Bunny
04-14-2009, 04:34 PM

That's a lot of dollars.

$2000/mo isn't so bad

Yes it is.