PDA

View Full Version : Gogo?

Lukie
04-15-2009, 12:12 AM
So yeah... Gogo... He/She/It's just sittin' in that cave on triangle island after the Floating Island incident wating for you to come and find him/her/it, listens to your party explain what's happening and then just says "Hmm! That's an interesting story! I'll join you!" or something along those lines.

The thing that gets me... is that he/she/it has absolutely no story whatsoever :D Considering FFVI is as much of an amazing and complex game as it is, that has always baffled me how no one gave poor old Gogo a backstory or even a specific gender! I know there's all these rumours and rediculous game cheats on the internet that say he/she/it's Daryl (forgot if that's the correct way to spell it) or Gestal (again, it's been a while since I played) or whatever, but really, why does he have no story?

Another thing that was quite amusing when I was researching for more info on Gogo is that some clever person said that Gogo was Cloud Strife... even though FFVII wasn't due to be released for another three years yet :D

Flying Mullet
04-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Gogo is actually Adlai Stevenson.

And I'm sure Square kept Gogo mysterious on purpose so people could have discussions and debates about it. It's no fun if everything is explained in great detail with no room for imagination.

Zeromus_X
04-15-2009, 01:38 AM
I always just assumed it was the Gogo from FFV after he X-Zone'd himself.

But Adlai Stevenson seems funnier.

Saber
04-15-2009, 02:09 AM
It was Gogo from Final Fantasy V. Both were named Gogo and both were mimes. Here' more, you get the chance to add abilities that you have obtained. Such like magic, skills, attack and item. Even with the added abilities both "Gogo's" can still mime the last action made from a fellow character.

I don't see why there arn't that many people that think like this.

Golden Warrior
04-15-2009, 03:38 AM
There was a Gogo in FFV?

I always liked Gogo's abilities and how you could chose the commands you want him to have in battle.

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Gogo is a boss character in FFV that you fight for a missing shard of the Water crystal. The shard gives you the Mime job and the trick to beating him was to take no action.

Vermachtnis
04-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Yes, don't take a Berserker into that fight. I learned that the hard way. Anyway they need more characters like him. "Hey you saving the world?" "Yeah." "Can I come?" "Sure." [Dududududuuuuuu Sam joined the party!]

blackmage_nuke
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
It wouldnt be any fun if it were definite who he/she was. I cant see whats so baffaling, they just thought that 10 playable comic relief characters wasnt enough and decided to add another one. Its like the nail bat or parasol weapons in FFVII, they dont make much sense but theyre there for comedic reasons.