PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds

Araciel
04-15-2009, 05:55 PM
So I'm experimenting (tee hee) with Fantasy Grounds, a virtual gaming tabletop (for pnp games like Dungeons & Dragons) which does cost money, but is prettier than say openrpg or the like.

So far it's pretty intuitive and using the tutorials it's all very well-designed for the most part.

Does anyone else have experience with online tabletops for skype/chat games?! I'm trying to make a decision before paying for this one.

Magixion
04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
I actually made one in a projects class for school. It is very basic, yet it actually holds up very well with a full party. We usually have 5-6 people playing at once and it has chat and everything.

Admittedly, it is only something that me and my friends use, hopefully one day we can come up with something a bit more professional.

NeoTifa
04-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Role playing: Serious Business!!!

Araciel
04-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Role playing: Serious Business!!!

I have attained the ultimate level of nerd: I want to be the dungeon master in a game of D&D played over the internet.

Basically all I needed was a dice rolling program/ battle grid that everyone could see while using voice chat. But actually dedicated programs just seem all the nicer :D