PDA

View Full Version : 21st Century Breakdown

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-16-2009, 03:38 AM
So, I apologize for the many post in the past few days. Been away for a while. Got hooked on Myspace and I'm just happy to be back here. So Green Day's new CD, 21st Century Breakdown, is coming out May 15. So I'm really happy and I can't wait. I think American Idiot was probably one of the best albums in the entire world and I honestly think that Green Day may be Rock and Roll's swan song.(My opinion). But they already released one of the songs on their myspace, know your enemy. And its pretty good. Any one else excited?

Shoeberto
04-16-2009, 04:10 AM
American Idiot made me really dislike Greenday. I really wanted to get into the album and its message, but it just was all poorly done. At the end of the day, it was still just pop punk with meaningless lyrics. Then they went on and did TV specials about how they knew their work was such a significant rock opera criticizing the government, and how it was such a big deal and they were awesome. But it just wasn't.

The whole thing was just so pretentious, it turned me off of them entirely.

LunarWeaver
04-16-2009, 09:36 PM
A new one, awesome! I really love American Idiot. It isn't deep :bou::bou::bou::bou: or anything, but I really adore it anyway. Looking forward to May 15.

Imperfectionist
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
I love Green Day, but they definately didn't get better with age. American Idiot was definately their worst album. I mean it wasn't like car-crash terrible, but it wasn't at the standard that much of their past work was up to. Hopefully they won't continue with this kind of music but i'm thinking they've turned into whores and now there's no coming back for them.

LunarWeaver
04-17-2009, 12:59 AM
So this is the first single and all: YouTube - Green Day - Know Your Enemy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm-puSjGAzA)

I don't think that song is very good :(

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2009, 01:19 AM
American Idiot made me really dislike Greenday. I really wanted to get into the album and its message, but it just was all poorly done. At the end of the day, it was still just pop punk with meaningless lyrics. Then they went on and did TV specials about how they knew their work was such a significant rock opera criticizing the government, and how it was such a big deal and they were awesome. But it just wasn't.

I think I only liked two songs in that album :(

Brain Stew and Ha Ha You're Dead will always be my favorite Green Day songs xD

Bunny
04-17-2009, 01:31 AM

Green Day are incredibly pretentious. Just listening to Billy Joel Armstrong talk for five seconds frustrates the hell out of me. He's not a good singer, songwriter, or guitarist. He's a run-of-the-mill musician who thinks he :bou::bou::bou::bou:s gold every time he records something.

Boney King
04-18-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't think I've cared less about the release of an album ever.

Momiji
04-18-2009, 03:42 PM
I may have really been into this...

...5 years ago.

Meow
04-19-2009, 03:57 AM
aaaaaawkward

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I may have really been into this...

...5 years ago.

Yea, I guess it has been 5 years since they released American Idiot. Wow, didn't even realize it was that long. DAMN.............