PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

DarkBahamut
04-16-2009, 04:15 AM
Which game is more WIN!

My vote is Rock Band because it has a better song pick and songs from better artists (Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld from South Park was EPIC.)

And Guitar Hero isn't always on beat/rhythm. The notes sometimes come too early or late for the actual beat. In other words, I believe it has worse notation than Rock Band.

Edit: By every version I mean:

Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Rock Band:Track Pack 1
Rock Band: Track Pack 2
Edit: Also,
Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack (Thanks to PuPu for reminding me!)

Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero 4 (World Tour)
Guitar Hero: On Tour (The First DS Version of the Game)
Guitar Hero: 70s
Guitar Hero: 80s
AND EVERY :skull::skull::skull::skull:ING OTHER GUITAR HERO GAME IN THE WORLD!

PuPu
04-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Rock Band also has an AC/DC track pack. There is no Guitar Hero 70s.
The other Guitar Hero games are:
Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero: Metallica

Also, there is no way for me to determine whichever one is the best. It goes in the order from favorite to least favorite:

1. Guitar Hero 3
2. Guitar Hero Metallica
3. Rock Band 2
4. Guitar Hero 2
5. Guitar Hero World Tour
6. Everything else

Rock Band 1 sucked, because it's timing system with hammer ons was horrible and insanely strict. But Rock Band 2 did a much better job.

Also:

Rock Band because it has a better song pick and songs from better artists

It's got more, but not necessarily better. Sorry, but Naked Brothers Band isn't really that good in my opinion.

Magixion
04-16-2009, 06:44 AM
I personally like Rock Band 2 better, though I have a few songs on Guitar Hero I like. I will personally play whichever game has songs I am in the mood for.

So, depending on what songs I want to play, my vote usually jumps back and forth, though Rock Band 2 has more songs I enjoy.

Yar
04-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Rock Band makes me mad because I'm always drums and I have poor rythym. :'(

DarkBahamut
04-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Rock Band also has an AC/DC track pack. There is no Guitar Hero 70s.
The other Guitar Hero games are:
Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero: Metallica

Also, there is no way for me to determine whichever one is the best. It goes in the order from favorite to least favorite:

1. Guitar Hero 3
2. Guitar Hero Metallica
3. Rock Band 2
4. Guitar Hero 2
5. Guitar Hero World Tour
6. Everything else

Rock Band 1 sucked, because it's timing system with hammer ons was horrible and insanely strict. But Rock Band 2 did a much better job.

Also:

Rock Band because it has a better song pick and songs from better artistsIt's got more, but not necessarily better. Sorry, but Naked Brothers Band isn't really that good in my opinion.

Oh sorry for my mistakes. Yeah, one of the few songs I hate in Rock Band is the Naked Brothers Band one.

Aydin
04-16-2009, 08:35 AM
I used to love Guitar Hero and hate Rock Band. There was a time in which my brother and I played Rock Band using ONLY the guitars and that was lame... so for a period of time, my brother and I fought against the vast majority of those who preferred Rock Band as we wondered "Why on earth would you think Rock band is funner?" but then we went to a party where all of the kids were playing Rock band so we decided to give it a try. We finally tried Drums and Vocals and we were overcome with an indescribable feeling of pure joy when we played as a full band. We then decided to get a Rock band set of our own and we found ourselves getting better and better. Heck, we even gotten used to the timing of the guitar and the bass! ( now we can't go back to Guitar Hero LOL)

We had a few problems in Rock Band 1 that were fixed in Rock band 2 such as the "Band Leader" bullcrap. (Yet, that is one of the more minor problems) What really made me mad is how strict the hammer on system is. (Though it has been vastly improved in the sequel, I still prefer the Guitar hero system of Hammer Ons and Pull offs)

I like the song selection but, as said above, they have SOME horrible songs such as Naked Brothers Band. But hey, some people do want those kid songs. Hell, I got the Spongebob pack (Which I love!) and Rock band also has a wider variety of downloadable songs.

Guitar Hero, in my opinion, is now in the shadow of what Rock Band is now because it's obvious that Guitar Hero is struggling to achieve the same ratings as Rock Band.

What else is there to say...? I'll edit this post later. (I'm sleepy now.)

I Don't Need A Name
04-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Guitar Hero
Rock Band makes me shudder
the Drums for Rock Band are, i'll admitt, a little better than guitar hero
but the guitar makes me cry with its epic lameness

Slothy
04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Music games have been steadily going down hill since GH2. I can't even bring myself to play the new ones anymore.

Markus. D
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't play Rock (no seriously, "Rock" was the name) World Tour... don't even seek to find out way, just DON'T.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Rock Band. Generally better songs, much more stylish graphics, a hell of a lot of fun.

Laddy
04-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Rock Band appeals to all rock-lovers, and in Guitar Hero, particulalry the recent ones, you either got some 80's hair metal or emo :bou::bou::bou::bou:, and I hate both. =/

But GH4 has Lenny Kravitz...

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Or instead of wasting a year on your life playing guitar hero, and for a cheaper price, pick up a real guitar and learn to play a real one. its more fun.

Kirobaito
04-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Or instead of wasting a year on your life playing guitar hero, and for a cheaper price, pick up a real guitar and learn to play a real one. its more fun.
Or you can do both, because it's not like a person has to choose between playing Guitar Hero and playing actual guitar.

I've beaten:

GH
GH2
GH3
GHWT
GH: Metallica
Rock Band

With the exception of Green Grass and High Tides (which was the most enjoyable song in the guitar-simulation genre I've played), I didn't care for most of the guitar tracks in RB1. I'll get Rock Band 2 eventually. I don't really care for "choosing" between the two, because it's all basically the same to me. They're never going to give me the kind of music that I like, so I just play them because it's fun. They're all fun. I don't play them for the graphics, so that doesn't matter to me.

So I don't really seem the point in me saying one is better than the other. It's all the same concept to me, because I don't play it for the music.

Madame Adequate
04-17-2009, 05:19 AM

Or instead of wasting five years of your life getting up to a semi-decent level of guitar proficiency, you could spend five hours getting good enough at Guitar Hero to have a hell of a lot of fun. I don't have time to learn to play an instrument I don't care much about; I do have time to play a videogame which only requires marginally more practice than any other videogame.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-17-2009, 06:01 AM

Or instead of wasting five years of your life getting up to a semi-decent level of guitar proficiency, you could spend five hours getting good enough at Guitar Hero to have a hell of a lot of fun. I don't have time to learn to play an instrument I don't care much about; I do have time to play a videogame which only requires marginally more practice than any other videogame.

I've only been playing 2 years and I'm above a semi-decent level and I've taught myself. I do know that GH and RB is fun, but to me its only fun with friends at parties and such. But to play alone is kinda boring to me and I'd just prefer to actually play it. More fun to me that way.

blim
04-17-2009, 07:52 AM
The other advantages of actually learning a real instrument instead are that you have a almost infinte amount of tunes to play and when you want to you can go out into the real world and play it, and make a bit of cash too if you are lucky.

Madame Adequate
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
The other advantages of actually learning a real instrument instead are that you have a almost infinte amount of tunes to play and when you want to you can go out into the real world and play it, and make a bit of cash too if you are lucky.

Yeah because we can all be ROCK STARS! irl

blim
04-17-2009, 04:46 PM

Yeah because we can all be ROCK STARS! irl

Anybody can play well enough to do paid gigs with a litle practise, i didnt say make millions.

Also i cannot imagine a few hundred people paying money to watch and dance to me playing guitar hero.

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I like Rock Band better. It gets boring just playing the guitar.

...but DDR will always be my favorite rhythm game n.n

PuPu
04-17-2009, 05:44 PM
All of the people who say "play real guitar, not Guitar Hero" just can't seem to understand one simple concept.

People play Guitar Hero/Rock Band because they enjoy playing video games, not because they want to imitate playing real guitar or being rock stars.

As common as this analogy is, it's also like how Call of Duty players don't play the game because they want to join the army. They play it because it's a video game and it's fun.

Flying Mullet
04-17-2009, 05:49 PM
I still haven't played Rock Band. :(

DarkBahamut
04-25-2009, 09:08 AM
I just got FC (Full Combo) 100% on "Should I Stay or Should I Go" on Hard. I can play on Expert, but the highest I can get on Expert in 96% on "In Bloom" by Nirvana.

qwertysaur
04-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Whichever is available at the time. Both are fun :)

Elly
04-26-2009, 12:14 AM
where's the option of "Neither, they both suck, i'd rather play real guitar"... honestly though i miss my Bass...

Fate Fatale
04-26-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't own either, so I'll say Rock Band because it generally has better music selection. Guitar Hero focuses too much on guitar parts and they just kind of threw in drums and vocals to keep up with Rock Band. It's sad really. =[

Shlup
04-26-2009, 12:45 AM
I like the Guitar Hero World Tour drums... but I just use them for Rock Band. xD

Fate Fatale
04-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Haha. I know several people who have done this. =]

DarkBahamut
04-26-2009, 04:56 AM
I like the Guitar Hero World Tour drums... but I just use them for Rock Band. xD
For me they are a pain in the @$$! I hate Guitar Hero Drums. I wanna throw holy water at them! :mad2: They are very hard to be good at!

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
All of the people who say "play real guitar, not Guitar Hero" just can't seem to understand one simple concept.

People play Guitar Hero/Rock Band because they enjoy playing video games, not because they want to imitate playing real guitar or being rock stars.

As common as this analogy is, it's also like how Call of Duty players don't play the game because they want to join the army. They play it because it's a video game and it's fun.

I understand the concept and I don't think GH/RB players try to imitate playing the real thing. I know its fun. But my point is why spend near 200 dollars on it though?

Rase
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
I understand the concept and I don't think GH/RB players try to imitate playing the real thing. I know its fun. But my point is why spend near 200 dollars on it though?
Because if you are a social gamer with some friends who like it this is certainly money well spent. My roommate bought RB1 when it came in '07 out despite not getting a 360 until summer of '08, and he just bummed of other peoples systems and let them play. Now we just bust it out when we wanna play it together and have some fun, and typically it isn't hard to get all four spots filled up by friends usually we have to round robin the thing). Well worth the $230 he has spent on RB1 and 2 combined in both of our opinions.

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Hahaha I think my friends want to murder me whenever I sing on Rockband xD

Elly
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Prince recently dissed Guitar Hero and refuses to put songs on it, said he'd rather kids learned to play real guitar...

DarkBahamut
05-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Hahaha I think my friends want to murder me whenever I sing on Rockband xD

Whenever I sing Creep (Sometimes everyone forces me) they make fun of me and act like I'm talking about my real life. :( :mad2: