please dnt spank me if this isnt supposed to go here

so yea im stuck at the chaos/judge of wings battle
all my characters are at least lvl 40
the entire fight is a piece of piss right untill i have to fight the judge
then i get my face smacked about the place pretty quick :(

any tips?

dragontamer
04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
heh, i think you've got the right thread!

I know exactly what you mean - i had exactly the same problem! I don't think that there is a 'perfect' way to do this fight, but i'll tell you about how i did it:

I tried to do this fight with brute force at first, and i power leveled up to about lv 50 - still couldnt win though (using Vaan, Penelo, Kytes, Llyud and one other (forgot who)) . when this didnt work, i decided to become sneaky, Wings is a melee fighter, so i changed my team to Vaan(dual attack gambit) , Penelo (Curaga), Llyud (Revive), Filo (a roundhouse blow with the board) and Kytes (blizzaga). My espers were mainly flying types, melee to distract the judge and carbuncles for penelo. I don't need to tell you how i dealed with chaos, but with the judge I tried to distract her with Vaan and the melee espers, whilst Llyud and Filo chiped away at her health (Llyud occasionaly reviving Vaan) Penelo healed with her carbuncle and i physically controled Kytes, using blizzaga and other spells on enemies that came near, and in the lulls between the waves, i used offensive spells on Wings. You will definatly need to keep re-summoning the espers. I barely survived this, if you ever are near death, RUN! If you have penelo or Llyud still alive, you can revive your allies, but wings will probably follow you, so you should loop back to where your allie are. Keep trying and you'll eventually win this battle.

Hope that this helped!

Marky Tee
04-20-2009, 11:31 AM
level 50!:cry:

qwertysaur
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Chaos is a Flying Type, and Mydia is a Melee type, just a reminder.

My party which worked very well was Vaan, Penelo, Kytes, Llyud and Basch, though you can use whoever you wish. If I recall correctly you have to use Kytes in this battle anyway :p As for Espers, Mateus works wonders, especially on the Lamia. Also Carbuncle is your friend. the other three are your personal choice.

First objective is to clear the left side (where Chaos is not located) of all Enimies. Set kytes on a Blizagga gambit and campture the gate there. Once you have the gate, summon espers and work your way slowly towards where Chaos is. Once you go towards Chaos, have Kytes blast hi with a Blizzaga and everyone else just hack away at him. Make sure that Llyud or Penelo stay alive, because they can revive your other characters. If Mateus falls summon and any other espers again and keep Kytes attacking with all his magic except for Firaga. Once Chaos falls and Kytes gets his quickening, Mydia comes into the fray and brings more enemy espers into the field. Capture the gate near where you are and fully heal your party, summoning all your espers again ect. After you are fully healed (you will have some enemy espers attack you every once in a while) move your whole party a little below the summoning gate by Mydia. Keep letting all your party members defeat enemies until they get some quickenings, and unleash everything onto Mydia. The quickenings will cause some major damage, and matues has a flying advantage over her, so wear her down until she finally succombs.

Marky Tee
04-20-2009, 11:42 PM
i found a good strategy on gamefaqs which i tried out and still got a kicking

so then just by accident i somehow managed to get mydia to come to me and she went down so much easier that way
so basicly after mmaybe 15 attempts at the battle i won by accident
go me

hhr1dluv
04-23-2009, 05:09 AM
See, I just plain suck at this game. I think I can't get a handle on the controls or something...I die constantly. Does anyone have any tips?