PDA

View Full Version : Which FF

captkrill
04-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok so heres the scoop, I came home hoping to hop onto FFXII and finish getting the last bits of 100% including both zodiac spears, kicking Omega XII's large metal ass and then on to the final levels...woohoo alright...wait wtf...cannot read memory card? You have got to be sh*ttin me. Took it out, plugged it back in, restarted PS2 blah blah blah. Nothing...no saves nothing. So lets see, there goes all of my GoW and GoW 2 saves, close 100% complete FFX (including Lulu's legendary weapon). All of my saved games from X-2 and so on. Later found out my PS2 was getting really old and decided to teach me a lesson about playing him so much...Lesson learned. So i sold him and bought a new younger one; silver slim brand new. Now I had already lost my original PSX memory card.

So question left is what FF do i play first out of 7, 9, 10, X-2, XII?

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Describe your memory card. I hear this happens alot with non-Sony cards or cards with more than the usual 8MB of space. My brother and I both had cards like that and they were totally and completely wiped one day. After it happened to my brother's I moved all of my stuff to my other cards, but my DDR data wouldn't move. I couldn't unlock the songs with cheat codes either, so if I want my good songs back I have to dance through the crappy ones again xD

AAAANYWAY. Why not go through FFX and onto FFX-2 :</>D? Or really whichever one you haven't played recently.

Marky Tee
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
what about yiazmat?

9 is probs the best game all around so id recomend that first
defo the best IMO
there all great tho

captkrill
04-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Its a Sony memory card i don't buy off brand crap.

And I already took out Yizamat. He/It was easy compared to Ultima...

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I'd just go in order. Chances are, you probably put a lot of time in XII and having to start over would be a pain so I say take a break and go through the old PS1 games first.

captkrill
04-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Ya think? lol

The last time i checked i put in over 200hrs into XII, almost made me tear up a little bit. :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh geez my little brother was throwing things around when his memory card got wiped xD

I had to sneak in there and take out the PS2 so he wouldn't smash that, too >.>

hhr1dluv
04-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Dude, if I were you, I'd just say "screw it" and move on. If you've beaten all of those games and put a lot of time getting most of the stuff, I would not go to the trouble of re-reaching that point. Mostly, don't worry about the need to refill your memory card, so to speak. Simply replay the games for fun (meaning wait until it will be fun to play and not a chore) when you feel like it.

Of course, this would just be my approach. I could give a crap about having 100%, but if I had most of the stuff I'd certainly be disappointed.

captkrill
04-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Eh, I am not worried about getting 100% again, but obviously I played them through only once to see the ending and left to find the rest of the :bou::bou::bou::bou:, i like going back and finishing off the bosses as fast as possible and then trying to better it just for personal satisfaction. hehe

Bolivar
04-17-2009, 09:59 PM
yeah i'd go back to the older ones too after playing the newest entry. Gotta get that variety. I can't comment on FFX-2, but FFVII, IX, and X are three of my favorite games of all time.

Man I love just how many hours you can really squeeze into FFXII, though. Honestly can't wait to play that game again.

~ Kain ~
04-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I was at Order of Ambrosia in like 212 hours or something my first time through....then some punk stole my PS2 with my memory cards of course in the system...that son of a bi..... ahem...anyways I played through again and did everything in like 156 hours...Major upgrade. I would play 9 first, what a great game.

Depression Moon
04-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I feel your pain, my PS2 just died on my one day when I was playing Persona 3. It was my first playthrough and I loved it so much until I just came back after eating dinner and it couldn't read it or any other game anymore. I was so damned piss man. I suggest starting chronologically.

Pete for President
04-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Man that sucks. My personal favourite is X so I would recommend that one. I believe getting everything can be done within 120-ish hours. XII is a good option since you can skip the cutscenes.:choc:

captkrill
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I started IX. Its my favorite of all FFs. Vivi is so awesome.

Marky Tee
04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
go IX!