PDA

View Full Version : I just realized...

MJN SEIFER
04-17-2009, 09:55 PM
This is a minor mistake, but when Rinoa learns "Angel Wing" it is listed under "Combine" it shouldn't be.

The comand is called "Combine" because she is calling her dog - just like in real life. Who is she saying combine to during Angel Wing? It makes no sense.

I know it doesn't effect anything, but I just thought I'd say I found it strange.

TheSpoonyBard
04-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Who is she saying combine to during Angel Wing?
Ultimecia/dormant sorceress powers.

MJN SEIFER
04-18-2009, 04:52 PM
I see your reasonings, but is it not just a refference to how people say "combine" to their dogs in real life?

TheSpoonyBard
04-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I've had a dog for eleven years and have not once commanded it to combine with myself or any other object.

I don't think she actually shouts "Combine!" at Angelo before performing the limit break. It's just a name given to that set of menu options. They could just as easily had the choices of Angelo and Angel Wing, forgoing the Combine section completely.

Lacarus
04-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I thought it meant that she combines her strength with Angelos and her power Angel Wings. I, too, have never commanded my dogs to combine with me in any way. That would be a bit sick.

MJN SEIFER
04-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I guess I should have elaborated.

I have only ever heard the comand in countrysides and farm areas. You can see the dogs running around after sheep (yes, sheep) and his/her owner will shout "Combine!" several times.

Note: I'm English so it may be a British only expression? (Which of course means a Japanese company such as Sqaure won't even know the term, so it may not be a mistake after all.)

TheSpoonyBard
04-18-2009, 11:35 PM
It's "come by", not "combine". It means to circle the sheep in a clockwise direction.

MJN SEIFER
04-19-2009, 12:00 AM
It's "come by", not "combine". It means to circle the sheep in a clockwise direction.

Ah.

So it's not a mistake, or to be more precise it's not a mistake of Squares, but of mine. To think all this time I had it completly wrong! :roll2

Thanks for straighting it out though. :cool:

Big D
04-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Yep... no-one actually tells their dog to 'combine' in real life. It's just the name of Rinoa's limit break, because it involves her combining another power with her own: Angelo, originally, and her sorceress powers later on.

Typhoon
04-19-2009, 07:18 AM
I tell my dog to combine...