PDA

View Full Version : Favorite FF spinoff?

johnboy3434
04-18-2009, 02:32 AM
Take your pick!

Jessweeee♪
04-18-2009, 03:06 AM
I've only played X-2 and Crisis Core. Crisis Core was kinda fun, but for me the only place that it really sparkled was Nibelhiem and on. The ending was very beautiful o:

FFX-2 was really really fun and had some really catchy tunes o:

Vermachtnis
04-18-2009, 04:00 AM
X-2, fun battle system and love the job classes. More games need Helper Monkey.

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2009, 05:24 AM
An FF spin-off thread that has FF Tactics and Vagrant Story as options and smurfing X-2 is leading? WTF?

Its FF Tactics cause its possibly the greatest game Square ever made and even finds way to trounce the main numbered series its mythology is based off of. Its easy to tell that the game was truly made by fans of Final Fantasy who made a game with fans in mind.

Political intrigue, ambiguous morality, drama (as opposed to the normal melodrama seen in the normal series) all set to a backdrop that uses the FF games as the source of its mythology. It is a truly wonderful experience.

The Man
04-18-2009, 05:32 AM
needs moar Seiken Densetsu.

Of the choices listed, I honestly haven't played any of them. I want to play Tactics, Vagrant Story and Crisis Core; the rest don't interest me.

johnboy3434
04-18-2009, 06:39 AM
I would have added the rest of the Mana series as well as the Kingdom Hearts series, but the number of poll options is limited to 20. As it is, I simply listed all the spin-off games that either explicitly used FF characters or places (like the Chocobo games, Ehrgeiz, and Vagrant Story) or had FF in the title. Also, I only listed games released in English and omitted mobile phone games (because I hardly consider the latter to be games, anyway).

EDIT: Did the Ehrgeiz arcade game have the FF7 characters in it, or were they added for the PS1 port?

hhr1dluv
04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
An FF spin-off thread that has FF Tactics and Vagrant Story as options and smurfing X-2 is leading? WTF?
Eat our hot pants! :p

Seriously though, of the options on the poll I've played most of the Ivalice spinoffs and beaten the FF VII compilation and X-2. X-2 is definitely my favorite.

Although if Kingdom Hearts had been on the list that would have been my favorite.

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Eat our hot pants! :p

Although if Kingdom Hearts had been on the list that would have been my favorite.

Truly it is a dark day to be an old FF fan...

Elly
04-18-2009, 04:27 PM
yes johnboy, the Ehrgeiz Arcade Cabinet did originaly have the FF VII Characters in it... though technicaly not a spinoff it did include Cloud, Zack, Tifa, Yuffie, Vincent, & Sephiroth as well as a couple of characters that could be from RedXIII's tribe, but it has never been confirmed if they are from his tribe or not... too bad the Ci-Ci's Pizza that i live near got rid of their Ehrgeiz Cabinet about a year ago, sux too cause i was hoping to buy it from them first, but apparently someone beat me to it...

my vote goes to Crisis Core though i don't see it as a spinoff as much as it's just another chapter in an epic saga... my second vote would have to go to anything by the Ivalice Aliance as they put so much into the mythology and history of the world of Ivalice, i don't really consider those spinoffs either but chapters to another epic saga, this one spanning the history of a world...

Dark Angel Kira
04-18-2009, 04:32 PM
For me it was out of x-2 and crisis core.
x-2 was fun with funky songs to sing along to but i think overall crisis core had a better story and it had a well sad ending!:)

Wolf Kanno
04-19-2009, 04:43 AM
For me it was out of x-2 and crisis core.
x-2 was fun with funky songs to sing along to but i think overall crisis core had a better story and it had a well sad ending!:)

:mad2:

my vote goes to Crisis Core though i don't see it as a spinoff as much as it's just another chapter in an epic saga... my second vote would have to go to anything by the Ivalice Aliance as they put so much into the mythology and history of the world of Ivalice, i don't really consider those spinoffs either but chapters to another epic saga, this one spanning the history of a world...

:eek:

Seriously though, of the options on the poll I've played most of the Ivalice spinoffs and beaten the FF VII compilation and X-2. X-2 is definitely my favorite.

:(

X-2, fun battle system and love the job classes. More games need Helper Monkey.

:eep:

I've only played X-2 and Crisis Core. Crisis Core was kinda fun, but for me the only place that it really sparkled was Nibelhiem and on. The ending was very beautiful o:
FFX-2 was really really fun and had some really catchy tunes o:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You make me cry...:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

black orb
04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
>>> Mystic Quest, best FF spinoff ever.

Zeromus_X
04-22-2009, 05:08 AM
FFTA2. Put in over 120 hours on that thing and I'm still not done with it.

Honorable mentions go to FFT, TA, and MQ.

RedPouch
04-22-2009, 05:11 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You make me cry...:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Me too. Those are the worst FF spin-offs to come out.

FFTA2. Put in over 120 hours on that thing and I'm still not done with it.

Honorable mentions go to FFT, TA, and MQ.
I definitely agree with you two on this one. They were good.

Marky Tee
04-22-2009, 11:39 AM
ehrgiez
for the nostalgia

Elpizo
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It was the first FF game I ever played and loved every minute of it. I still love it. It's better than FFT and much, much better than FFTA2 (though TA2 does have great gameplay, its story just sucks when compared to TA).

Bolivar
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics will always be one of the best games I ever played, and hits a soft spot for me, being an SRPG fan. Going from Shining Force & Sega to Final Fantasy VII and the Playstation, this game just seemed like it was made for me (even though it took me a few years to get it!)

FFXII Revenant Wings does the same, being an RTS fan. The DS is an awesome console for those and even mashups of RTS and RPG, and Revenant Wings showed how you could do it right. Motomu Toriyama ftw.

In third place comes...

EHRGEIZ!!! THIS GAME KICKED ASS, THE COMBOS WERE AWESOME, THE PLATFORMING AND MOVEMENTS WERE COOL, AND IT HAD AN AWESOME DUNGEON CRAWLING MODE, SCREW ALL THE DETRACTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!211!1

DarkBahamut
04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Ehrgiez, Chocobo Racing, and Crisis Core are all awesome.

I haven't played X-2 and haven't even got past the part where you sneak in with Cait Sith in DoC.

Big D
04-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Vagrant Story is a god among games. Not sure if it can truly be considered an FF spin-off, despite the subtle links to other Ivalice titles.

Unstoppable Pig
04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I have played only RW and MQ from options but I´m going to get TA2 and Tactics if I get PSP.

Since RW or MQ are both average I choose Final Fantasy Adventures grandson Seiken Densetsu 3 which is not spinoff but it has Moogles and enemies that resemble Black Mages. That game has awesome plot, characters, soundtrack, cool bosses but battle controls are bit clumsy but otherwise fine.

Rase
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
QFT.

the AJman
05-15-2009, 04:05 PM
My favorite spin off in the franchise?

That would certainly be Tactics, its the game that really got me into the series in the first place. The combat system is fun, I love the classes system since its one of my top three favorite build systems. The characters and story are pretty good, I like the political intrigue and I just love the medieval setting of the game (I'm very much into that medieval crap).

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-17-2009, 06:18 AM
FFT FTW!

RedPouch
05-17-2009, 06:32 AM
I ended up voting for Chocobo Tales. I got a score of 324 on the Malboro Masher game!