PDA

View Full Version : (1-6) The Best FF Girl

Vermachtnis
04-19-2009, 10:17 PM
So yeah, I took it upon myself to make one for the first half. I'll vote after the fate deciding coin toss. Heads: Rydia Tails: Faris

hhr1dluv
04-19-2009, 11:26 PM
HEY! You can't just assume that the White Mage is female! :p My white mage was named Noah, and was definitely a manly man who gently healed his male comrades.
I like Celes.

Rebellious Eagle
04-19-2009, 11:29 PM
I can't decide between Faris, Terra, and Celes. D:

RedPouch
04-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I hated "Loli Rydia" because I felt the entire situation was unrealistic. Any child would show a lot more pain and hurt than she did. It doesn't really seem like she shed many tears over her mom. The only thing that's emphasized is that she has a fear of fire due to her town being burned, but she overcomes it. I also found that her attitude towards Edward when Anna died cold, unconscionable, and uncalled for. What she said was logical and true, however it was just inappropriate, and uncharacteristic of a child [I know the japanese like to do this cliche where the child is somehow quite mature and wise for their age, and they somehow can speak/converse like an adult, but this cliche is annoying and the reality is that most children are not like this]. Aside from that, I love Rydia when she comes back to the team as a teenager/adult [I don't even know how old she's supposed to be, but I assume young adult age]. She awesome.

For me it's between Rydia, Rosa, Celes, and Terra. I hate giving so many "favourites" but it's hard to decide. I think I'll choose Rydia because I liked her character design on top of her personality and background.

Wolf Kanno
04-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Terra and Faris are definetly my top two. Rydia, Refia and Celes are in my second best category.

captkrill
04-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Rydia

scrumpleberry
04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I love Terra even though she is a dull mary-sue and I don't care what you have to say she is cool shut up

Rantz
04-20-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.charmingdiversions.com/cosplay/images/wmage.gif

Mirage
04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Terra is not a mary sue!

Wolf Kanno
04-21-2009, 04:45 AM
She's at least not as bad as the other characters like Rosa, Aerith or Yuna but then again it would be easier to say who isn't a Mary Sue among the female leads. I can think of three. ;)

RedPouch
04-21-2009, 05:27 AM
She's at least not as bad as the other characters like Rosa, Aerith or Yuna but then again it would be easier to say who isn't a Mary Sue among the female leads. I can think of three. ;)
I sort of agree with you about Aerith and Yuna, but do you feel Rosa is the same way? She didn't quite strike me as a Mary-Sue in comparison to some other female characters.

Wolf Kanno
04-21-2009, 05:49 AM
She' not as apparent as the other two but I blame it more on the limitations of technology. She's a lot like Belledandy in that her personality is highly idealistic and she's fawned over by Cecil and Kain despite having no real traits about her that state why she is truly important to them. She's probably not as bad as Aerith, Rinoa, or Yuna but she is pretty underdeveloped for a character who figures into the story as much as she does.

RedPouch
04-21-2009, 05:59 AM
She's probably not as bad as Aerith, Rinoa, or Yuna but she is pretty underdeveloped for a character who figures into the story as much as she does.
I guess I agree. She did seem nice but rather dry. There definitely wasn't much background information for Rosa, and definitely not enough characterization. But I would agree that it's a fault of technology. If such a thing were to occur for more modern games [like FF VII and beyond for example], there would be no excuse other than poor scripting and execution. When it comes to a character like Aerith, I really don't understand them as a whole. I really didn't feel that bad when Aerith died.

Wolf Kanno
04-21-2009, 06:05 AM
If such a thing were to occur for more modern games [like FF VII and beyond for example], there would be no excuse other than poor scripting and execution. When it comes to a character like Aerith, I really don't understand them as a whole. I really didn't feel that bad when Aerith died.

That already happened Yuna :shifty:

I know I didn't cry when Aerith died, I do remember being pissed Sephiroth couldn't have finished the job of taking out the rest of the party. :mad:

RedPouch
04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
A lot of characters can be considered Mary Sues though [or Gary Stu in a male's case]. I think it's a case of no what you do, but how you do it. Of course I agree with you on the characters you just mentioned. I also believe there are ways to make Mary Sues exciting.

Elpizo
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Best FF girl of I to VI?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Elpizo/photo/3ds-refia1-a.jpg

:love:

Anniexo
04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I picked Faris because she's a manily women

black orb
04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
>>> I like pirate chicks so Leila and Faris are in the top of my list..
as for female NPCs I like Luca from ff4..

RedPouch
04-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh my god, you've gotta be kiddin' me!

Leila is the most useless character that joins your party. She's the only fourth character to join that pulls 0 damage on monsters 75% of the time. This is what I like to call "consistently useless". I was so glad when she finally left the party, then sorely disappointed when she joined again. It's almost as if they tried hard to make sure that she'd be the least useful fourth character to join.

Vermachtnis
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM

Leila is the most useless character that joins your party. She's the only fourth character to join that pulls 0 damage on monsters 75% of the time. This is what I like to call "consistently useless". I was so glad when she finally left the party, then sorely disappointed when she joined again. It's almost as if they tried hard to make sure that she'd be the least useful fourth character to join.

Anyone ever tell you, you complain a lot :p

black orb
04-21-2009, 11:45 PM

Anyone ever tell you, you complain a lot :p
>>> Looks like he just have something against useless FF characters..

PeneloRatsbane
04-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Celes, not only is she the best 1-6 girl, but she is one of the best FF characters ever

RedPouch
04-24-2009, 12:48 AM
>>> Looks like he just have something against useless FF characters..
Not always! For example I preferred Sarah over Eiko, just because I really liked her character. I feel it was pretty unfair that she couldn't get Holy though. I also made Gau my most powerful FF VI character because he was my favourite. Most people [at least that I'm aware of] don't seem to want to waste time on him. I also had Albel in my party the entire duration of the after-story part of SO3 [on all modes including 4D mode], just because I thought he was awesome [Most people prefer Maria, Sofia, and Cliff for the bonus content because the reality is that this party is ideal].

I just thought Leila wasn't believable. Her attitude isn't characteristic of a pirate [especially one that tries to trick and rob you], seeing as how she so easily pledges loyalty to the cause of the rebellion. Her manner of talking is also annoying. This is all in addition to the fact that she's useless. The end result is: Wow, so I'm stuck with her now? When can I get her out of my party?

Laddy
04-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Terra!

NeoTifa
04-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Rhydia

Heath
04-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh Gogo, you utter tease.