PDA

View Full Version : A Collector's Speculation

Depression Moon
04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I did a search on the forum and saw that we don't have a thread discussing any possible collector's edition, so here it is. This is very early to be discussing, but Square Enix is probably discussing it themselves or have already made a decision. What I am wondering is what the collector's edition of the game is going to have. I know there's going to be one since XII had one and there will be a collector's edition of the strategy guide as well.

I only hope that they won't do anything similar to XII. XII was just okay and I didn't find much reason to go back and watch it, with one of the reasons concerning some lack of enthusiasm on a part of a game from all the interviewees.

I wouldn't mind an extra Blu-ray disc unless it had something like A Making of Final Fantasy XIII where it showed a lot of the things it took to make the game. A commentary would also be great from some of the lead developers and we can watch them while they're playing the game.

Something to consider not on a disc would be a figurine of one of the characters. Maybe a Lightning, or whoever the other party members are figurine or statuette would be cool. I did like XII's smooth metal casing and XIII would look nice in a shiny metal case.

Bolivar
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I love extras on blu ray! Seriously, the ones on the godfather game rivaled some of the bonus features on actual editions of the movie.

As far as other goods, artbooks are cool and I'd definately like to see all the Amano artwork in particular. A T-Shirt wouldn't hurt. Maybe a small version of a guidebook would be really cool.

Depression Moon
05-02-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure about T-shirts, they would probably just pack it in a case with the game and everyone doesn't wear the same size....

A Fresh Start - Part One // Interview (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/a-fresh-start-part-one?page=2)