PDA

View Full Version : Fallout: New Vegas

Gilghamut
04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
This was just announced today. A new Fallout game, full-fledged, not a download expansion or anything. It's being developed by.....not by Bethesda, but by Obsidian.

We're just heard that Bethesda's announced a new Fallout game - titled Fallout: New Vegas - at its London showcase.
Apparently it's the same style of title as Fallout 3.
We're waiting on more detail.
Update: It's releasing in 2010. Obsidian's developing.

VG247 » Blog Archive » Fallout: New Vegas announced in London [Update] (http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/20/rumour-fallout-new-vegas-announced-in-london/)

It's definitely not a rumor, despite what the link says.

Quindiana Jones
04-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Fingers crossed it's better than the last one.

Shoeberto
04-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Very very interested in seeing what happens with this.

Rase
04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Enjoy Fallout 3 still, so I'll probably enjoy this.

Dreddz
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Glad Bethesda aren't making this to be honest. The tech they use is really rough around the edges and breaks the game at points (I'm sure I went on about this in a previous Fallout 3 thread). The Fallout universe is still one I'm very interested in though.

Rase
04-24-2009, 09:04 PM
The Fallout universe is still one I'm very interested in though.
I don't recall you saying if you have played the original two before, but if not you can snatch them both from Good Ol' Games (http://www.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promo/), along with Fallout Tactics, the soundtracks, wallpapers, art, the Fallout Bible, and some other crap for about $15. Really great deal, wish I hadn't already bought FO 1 & 2 from them.

Jiro
04-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Am I the only one who finds it funny that this same thing happened with KOTOR? First BioWare has a stab at it, then Obsidian does.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 quite a lot, so I'll be putting this on my list of games to buy. I've all but eliminated that list to save money, but then you get games like this. (Un)Fortunately, it's a long way off yet.